Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UGC build guidelines and tech info

UGC build guidelines and tech info

Do you guys have any intention in releasing video or livestream about the upcoming early access and features? Especially in regards to the UGC builder and guidelines for UGC. For example, polycount, LOD's and texture maps etc etc. Also for animated objects. Would be great to have some more information on this before we can try it out.
    Can't wait to bring some of my own stuff in RCTW.

Keep up the good work!

Well we could set some guidelines yes but should this be in part decided by the community? Our plugin make's sure that what you make will work in the game - that is our goal. However, polycount, etc is up to the creator of the model. We can't control that.

That said, yes we will have some general guidelines in our wiki to try and help people along with the right path, etc.
    Executive Producer - Atari
    Team RollerCoaster Tycoon World

Hey Matt,

I understand that we decide the amount of polycount etc but i'm sure there are some requirements best fit for RCTW to handle. Having some basic information would be great as mentioned above. I'm not planning to learn Unity itself but instead want to know what can work best for RCTW in regards to importing UGC, and its texture maps used etc, I'm sure you get my point ;-)
    At this moment not much is known how it works together with RCTW, that is why i'm asked if you plan in releasing more detailed information/video/stream on this topic before we get our hands on it.
    I'm sure i'll try to import some of my flatrides which i created (and work in TPS), just to see how they will look in RCTW even though flatrides are not yet supported to be interacted with.

Where will i be able to find it on your wiki?

Thanks and keep up the good work!
    Last edited by davaze; 03-25-2016 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by davaze View Post
    Hey Matt,

I understand that we decide the amount of polycount etc but i'm sure there are some requirements best fit for RCTW to handle. Having some basic information would be great as mentioned above. I'm not planning to learn Unity itself but instead want to know what can work best for RCTW in regards to importing UGC, and its texture maps used etc, I'm sure you get my point ;-)
    At this moment not much is known how it works together with RCTW, that is why i'm asked if you plan in releasing more detailed information/video/stream on this topic before we get our hands on it.
    I'm sure i'll try to import some of my flatrides which i created (and work in TPS), just to see how they will look in RCTW even though flatrides are not yet supported to be interacted with.

Where will i be able to find it on your wiki?

Thanks and keep up the good work!
    Yes, the wiki is being written from a fan perspective so its easier to understand and we will try and include some guidelines there.

In theory yes you can import a flatride but it won't interact with the peeps at the moment... it will just be an animation. If that makes sense?

UGC - How big is a Unit inGame?

Hi there,

i want to work at UGC withing the next Days/Months/Years..

Since you didn't give us infos about polycount and Textures, but the usage of unity as ugc port, i have this question:

When i, in unity, create a basic Cube with a Unit size of 1,1,1 - how big would that be in RCTW?

An Answer to this would really help us premaking some content
    Last edited by Chaosgod_Espér; 03-25-2016 at 01:40 PM.

Passive Peep

Lightbulb Right Scale - Need a dummy for size

Hi!
    I haven´t worked with 3D content up to now but I´m interested. Now I´ve got one question: How do we get the right scale for our UGC objects? Mattlab can your team create a peep dummy that we can imoprt to our 3d modelling programm to compare its size to our object?

Hi Matt, I know what you mean.
    Your sentence sounds promising though.

"In theory yes you can import a flatride but it won't interact with the peeps at the moment... it will just be an animation. If that makes sense?"
    It won't interact at the moment... Sounds like there are plans in the future for this as well which would be really awesome.

Keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by S1m0nde View Post
    Hi!
    I haven´t worked with 3D content up to now but I´m interested. Now I´ve got one question: How do we get the right scale for our UGC objects? Mattlab can your team create a peep dummy that we can imoprt to our 3d modelling programm to compare its size to our object?
    Yes, the UGC plugin comes with a peep dummy so you can properly scale things.

Passive Peep
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattlab View Post
    Yes, the UGC plugin comes with a peep dummy so you can properly scale things.
    Great! Thanks for the answer...

That's very helpful, great. Does it matter which unit setup you export your model in, feet or metric?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast