Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: RCTW - Blog #30 - RollerCoaster Tycoon World Coming to Steam Early Access!

Passive Peep
    Quote Originally Posted by DonSPa View Post
    as i said on another thread ,guess i shouldnt have let my frustrations get the best of me,i refunded and now im waiting for a new vid card to arrive sometime next week so now i wont afford the game ,just wish this info came out earlier
    It's early access, so you won't be too far behind. I will be more interested in the scenario editor, anyway, myself, so I can probably wait for a month and keep doing stuff with OpenRCT2 so I'm ready when the scenario editor hits. Depending when that comes out, I'm possibly looking at getting on board I'm guessing in a couple of months, when it's more affordable for me.

Many will wait for launch, and keep in mind we're going to be helping shape (to a point) what they are going to see. That's quite powerful if you think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
    It's early access, so you won't be too far behind. I will be more interested in the scenario editor, anyway, myself, so I can probably wait for a month and keep doing stuff with OpenRCT2 so I'm ready when the scenario editor hits. Depending when that comes out, I'm possibly looking at getting on board I'm guessing in a couple of months, when it's more affordable for me.

Many will wait for launch, and keep in mind we're going to be helping shape (to a point) what they are going to see. That's quite powerful if you think about it.
    my main thing was I wanted to be part of the beta testing ,to feel like I had a hand in helping to developing the game as this would be the only way i could involve myself in the growth of the game,I doubt I will be able to create things for the game so the betas would have been my way of helping in the community and the game and I like many others were under the impression the game was getting ready to be released,and now we find its going to be early access which to me is way better than a beta as it will be an ongoing community mission to better the game until actual release and now i blew that chance

I have rct3 and to me it was just a game because I had no input or any way involved with the development,this would have been more personal and not just a game but be a part of me,if this makes sense
    Last edited by DonSPa; 03-25-2016 at 03:48 PM.

Hi all,

New member but long time RCT player. I have a question about the Early Access. What happens to my game saves? What if I create some awesome parks in the Early Access version of the game, will I lose them all when I buy the full retail version of the game?

Thanks!

Park Patron
    Quote Originally Posted by calvins48 View Post
    Hi all,

New member but long time RCT player. I have a question about the Early Access. What happens to my game saves? What if I create some awesome parks in the Early Access version of the game, will I lose them all when I buy the full retail version of the game?

Thanks!
    You're only buying one game, you're paying for the full game and getting early acces as a bonus. During early access you'll get updates as they're available until the game is complete.

Quote Originally Posted by calvins48 View Post
    Hi all,

Thanks!
    Great question. So a few weeks ago we locked down our saved game system. Our plan is to make sure your saves continue to work throughout Early Access and that they carry over to the full release.

That said, disclaimer because I am sure one of our programmers will read this, there is always a chance that something could break saved games during Early Access. Its highly unlikely and we plan to test updates a TON but I want to be open about the risk.
    Executive Producer - Atari
    Team RollerCoaster Tycoon World

I have a doubt, the first beta weekend despite having the necessary requirements to play, the game became a bit laggy for me, also saw that it was not just me that it happened, I am very excited to play the game and wanted to know if you had some progress in this part.

Good to see you're alive and well Matt! I'm sure you've made many people happy and excited for an early access release. Keep the information coming!

Quote Originally Posted by Mattlab View Post
    Great question. So a few weeks ago we locked down our saved game system. Our plan is to make sure your saves continue to work throughout Early Access and that they carry over to the full release.

That said, disclaimer because I am sure one of our programmers will read this, there is always a chance that something could break saved games during Early Access. Its highly unlikely and we plan to test updates a TON but I want to be open about the risk.
    Only 4 themes , thats quite a bit less than a certain rival.. but then i guess custom content will fill in the void of themes.

I would like to see a free limited demo released for those of us who have not yet pre-ordered. Just like in the days of RCT 1. Perhaps the first scenario up to bronze or silver as a demo then it ends.

Cheers for the reply! Great to see such a dedicated development team in close contact with their fans. Can't wait for the game!

Dear Tycoons,

We know it’s been quite some time since our last blog. We needed time to finalize some features and decisions on our end before being able to provide you with our biggest news yet – the street date. Thank you for your patience.

We now are happy to announce that RollerCoaster Tycoon World will be available this Wednesday, March 30 via Steam Early Access.

It’s been a long ride, with all the ups and downs that you would expect from a roller coaster-obsessed team. We cannot tell you how excited, and humbled, we are to finally open the doors and deliver this early version of RCTW to you all.

Why Early Access?

As some of you may have guessed, we’ve been silently running a large test group with some members of the community since the beginning of the year. We’ve made so much progress with this group – getting invaluable feedback, testing ideas, and more – that we realized how much of a boon letting the rest of the community in would be in shaping our game. We cannot thank this group enough for their passion for the franchise and their contribution to the game, and for inspiring us to let the rest of you into the world of RCTW.

We also want to thank our developer, Nvizzio, and the QA team, who have been working tirelessly on this project. The Early Access version of RCTW includes a ton of content and we hope you will greatly appreciate the progress that we have made since our last public Beta.

This is the beginning of a new journey. RCTW was always going to develop and improve as time went on. Now you will have a direct impact on that process. It is only with your feedback, your input, your passion, and your creativity that we will bring the game to new heights.

Before the game goes live this Wednesday, we want to share its current features with you, along with what you can expect in EA, the free updates that we have planned in the near term and our long-term commitments, and finally a few words about the retail box.

Here are some highlights some of what you can expect in Early Access:

What can you find in RCTW?

• An innovative coaster builder, combining freeform and piece-by-piece options for ultimate control
    • Freeform object placement, allowing you to put every in-game object exactly where you want it
    • Curved paths in a variety of widths and styles, bringing your park previously unheard of flexibility in layout
    • A fully integrated Steam UGC system, giving you the freedom to create any object you want and import it DIRECTLY into the game
    • Fully deformable terrain and water effects to change your park’s landscape quickly and easily
    • Steam workshop support, to share content and utilize the creative power of the community
    • Steam social integration and park sharing to stay connected with your fellow Tycoons from around the world
    • Campaign mode
    • An initial set of Scenarios
    • The Sandbox mode
    • 10 different types of coasters (all complete with ride cams)
    • Over 30 different flat rides
    • Tons of scenery Items to populate your parks
    • 4 different themes (sci-fi, adventure, generic, and western)
    • And much, much more

Our extensive list of Early Access features can be found by visiting our Steam Page.

What comes next?

Our planned feature list is HUGE! Here’s a sneak peek at a few of the FREE updates to look forward to in the coming months:

• Piece-by-Piece Custom Built Structures
    • Scenario Editor
    • Mini-rides and Dark Rides
    • Additional scenarios
    • Transport Rides
    • Fence Builder
    • New and expanded decoration themes
    • Additional Flat-rides
    • Weather
    • Custom music
    • New Rollercoaster types

We will of course also be working on performance and user experience improvements, graphics updates, major as-yet-unannounced functionalities, and improving the base game in coordination with you all.

Launch Timing and Refunds

We will be in Early Access until we all feel the game is ready to be shared with the world as a finished product. Yes, there really is much more work we want to do. This isn’t about just improving and polishing but also adding new functionalities that the game needs. As Early Access progresses our timeline for final release will become clearer.

We know this is not what some of you may have expected. Thus, we are reaffirming our refund policy – we allow refunds up to March 31st 2016 to anyone that pre-ordered the game through Atari.com or RollerCoasterTycoon.com. This gives you a day to try Early Access, no strings attached. If you pre-ordered via Steam or another retailer, they will be able to facilitate refunds as needed.

RollerCoaster Tycoon World Retail

Lastly, we would like to mention a few words to those of you who would rather buy the game at retail. We have organized physical distribution in many countries, but not in all of them. Please note that we are working continuously to improve our footprint, so be on the lookout for RCTW on your store shelves. It is the same game you buy on Steam, and thus requires the same authentication procedures and updates that the downloadable version does.

We hope you are as excited about RollerCoaster Tycoon World as we are, and that you choose to go on this new phase of our journey with us. There is a lot of content and experiences to be had with RCTW already, and we know we can only make it better and more complete through the Early Access period with your help ! It’s exciting for us to finally be able to share RCTW and show all the love and respect for the brand that has gone into. It is truly a special moment. The best is yet to come!

See you soon in the park!

– Team RCTW
    Hey,
    When might RCTW come out for Mac?
    I'm really looking forwards to it, thanks!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast