Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: RCTW - Blog #30 - RollerCoaster Tycoon World Coming to Steam Early Access!

posters

Hey mattlab, will you have posters for the game? Like ones that you can put on your wall?

Quote Originally Posted by darkmaster View Post
    Hey mattlab, will you have posters for the game? Like ones that you can put on your wall?
    In their livestream in December they said if you give them $1,000,000 they might give you one.

LOL, I hope they do. I would totally get one!

Quote Originally Posted by Casiquire View Post
    "...a large test group with some members of the community since the beginning of the year."

I don't want the significance of that sentence to be lost: the test group wasn't just the dev team or people at Atari. The reason this is important is because somebody working on a game for hours a day won't have as objective a view of it.

The assumption when we first saw these tests in January was that they were devs testing for bugs and the like, gearing up for release. That's not what it sounds like anymore: these were players giving feedback about features too, so I think the EA release will be very playable.
    A serious test group is better then frustrated 15 year old kids asking for refunds...

If we bought the RCTW Deluxe Edition were in the Early Bird too

Passive Peep
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattlab View Post
    Great question. So a few weeks ago we locked down our saved game system. Our plan is to make sure your saves continue to work throughout Early Access and that they carry over to the full release.

That said, disclaimer because I am sure one of our programmers will read this, there is always a chance that something could break saved games during Early Access. Its highly unlikely and we plan to test updates a TON but I want to be open about the risk.
    I want to follow up on this because, as someone who plans to do massive projects here, it's important to note this is not the final, retail copy of the game we will be getting. As such, I would recommend still enjoying the game as it's designed to be enjoyed, and if during early access some kind of bug is located, and it forces corruption of save files, understand that the risk IS there. Any projects that you do now should be projects you don't mind losing.

Of course, save any track designs and such, but make notes on how to rebuild them AS YOU BUILD THEM. It's almost like trying to remake a coaster from the original or second games; you can't use those saved track designs in RCTW, so to recreate them you'd have to jot down painstaking notes on the exact construction (12 station, up tilt, chain lift 10 tiles, long turn leading to drop, and so on). Be prepared for the possibility that things may go amiss, but when the early access ends and we go full retail, that is the time to start your permanent park project; if something you did in early access still works, great, but don't expect it to. This is just a general rule of thumb.

Personally, while I will do some scenario editor-related work (knowing we will be getting it eventually), I will only be implementing maps that are rather easy to construct for the time being so I have something I can easily recreate, and I'll try those files first when we have a scenario editor ready to go (and so on with tunneling, water rides, etc. whenever and if those ever come). I'm not inputting the most complex maps because I don't know if they will ever work again. Better safe than sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by coxchris View Post
    Same question here!

To Matt,

Thank you for this update, I have intentionally stayed away from posting anything for a while, because of all that was going on. But this information has made that time away worth it! Thanks for the information I'm really looking forward to getting into the Early Access next week. Well done guys.
    All the best.

Passive Peep
    Quote Originally Posted by rhpsfan View Post
    March,30 2013 = Rollercoaster Tycoon Wednesday
    Hashtag it!
    You might want to check the year on that.

waaaaaahoooooo finally!! I hope the custom music update comes really soon
    and the game gets easy integrated with nvidia because its hard to play steam games with nvidia
    specially the new games

Quote Originally Posted by coxchris View Post
    Deluxe includes early acces:

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/79699/

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast