Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Very smart move atari/rctw team

Very smart move atari/rctw team

This is the best news I've heard in a while for the game. Good job to the team. Early access will allow players to actually SEE what's being done and offer feedback along the way, ironing out and changing things before full release...this is giving players "the game close to their desire." If feedback is taken in from many angles, this will indeed be a positive reward for the game as a whole. Good job making this move rctw team.

Quote Originally Posted by mrlandrum850 View Post
    This is the best news I've heard in a while for the game. Good job to the team. Early access will allow players to actually SEE what's being done and offer feedback along the way, ironing out and changing things before full release...this is giving players "the game close to their desire." If feedback is taken in from many angles, this will indeed be a positive reward for the game as a whole. Good job making this move rctw team.
    Yes! Trying to answer as many questions as possible right now. With Early Access we can truly interact and share - its exciting! I can't wait for all the feedback and suggestions.
    Executive Producer - Atari
    Team RollerCoaster Tycoon World

Quote Originally Posted by Mattlab View Post
    Yes! Trying to answer as many questions as possible right now. With Early Access we can truly interact and share - its exciting! I can't wait for all the feedback and suggestions.
    Great! I'm so glad the game is coming out! Thank you guys so much for sticking with this game and trying to make sure it's the best. And with early access, that means there is more features to come! I do have a quick question though, will the peeps react to UGC? Like if I put a giant dinosaur in my park, will it affect their experience? It's not a make or break for me, but it would be really cool. Anyway, thanks so much for bringing us a great RCT game. I'm so excited for next week and can't wait to play the game!

Passive Peep
    Hey Mattlab - are you planning on an actual release cycle for updates (something like every other Thursday, first Monday of the month, or whatever)? More or less a question of curiosity.

I got to say the early access approach is really exciting. One of the best and most addictive building type games I've played in years is Space Engineers. That's been in early access since 2013 and still going strong, with over 1.5 million units sold. Every Thursday they do an update, rather it be simple bug fixes or introducing new features and the game always gets a lot of buzz on those days. Seems like it might be a good approach for RCTW to take as well.

Passive Peep
    Don't know where to place this question...

Are you working on implementing water rides already?
    I'm asking because it's not mentioned on the EA list nor on the update list.

A very good question indeed my kind sir. I hope they'll implement it.

Quote Originally Posted by rct-uwe View Post
    Don't know where to place this question...

Are you working on implementing water rides already?
    I'm asking because it's not mentioned on the EA list nor on the update list.
    Water rides are not on the list because its truly too early to talk about them for now...
    Executive Producer - Atari
    Team RollerCoaster Tycoon World

Quote Originally Posted by Mattlab View Post
    Water rides are not on the list because its truly too early to talk about them for now...
    Wow! So that big planned update list is only the beginning?

Passive Peep
    Hi Mattlab, thanks for your answer.

I hope you(/we) will have developed a real cool water ride tool at the end...
    Last edited by rct-uwe; 03-25-2016 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JMR View Post
    Wow! So that big planned update list is only the beginning?
    I guess it depends on how much money they get from launch..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast