Thread: 1st Person Character

1st Person Character

We've all Played Zoo tycoon, and probably multiple city building games where were able to take the role of 1st person and explore our parks and/or cities and in some games/instances- engage with them. In Skylines and Cities XXL, were not able to engage with our creations other than to take screen shots from a 1st person view, but seeing what the city looks like from such a view is satisfying enough, but of course we'd all prefer to be able to walk into an apartment complex and view our homes- Perhaps buy some food at the hypermarket, to walk into the subway ourselves and travel to the next stop which happens to be the industrial district. However, in Zoo Tycoon and a few others, were able to engage with our creations other than to just view it all from 1st person. Were able to feed the animals ourselves for example, and wash them, and even engage with certain NPCS, etc.

I Play RTC primarily for the custom content. I do not care about the rides that I build, but rather how my rides blend in with the environment and how presentable they look- That If my theme is mountainous, that I have a chair lift to the higher reaches of the park to which I can place perhaps a ride or two, food, bathrooms, all hidden within log homes/buildings. I play so that people can ride a train along the river with Douglas Firs dotting in-between them and the river, or them and the slope going up to which holds an elegant hotel I just built filled with stores, bathrooms, stalls, etc. I play to build a city hiding rides in buildings, walkways as sidewalks and with car charriot rides (forgot the name of the ride lol) as actual cars on a highway with the rails covered by highway/road covers.

Thats why I play RTC, and I WOULD LOVE to be able to play as one character and engage with my rides myself and explore my park by myself so that I can marvel over my own creation.

TLDR; Add a feature allowing us to engage with our rides as first person. Don't ask me how, and don't tell me how difficult it would be to add this, but rather lets push for it by 2020 or whenever the next RTC is released if not by this one lol

Quote Originally Posted by SleepyPanda View Post
    Dunno about the interaction but walking
    through the park in FPS-mode is perfectly possible, I think. Modders can simply add a first person controller in the game, because it's made in Unity 5.
    I'd be satisfied with a first person controller as long as I can click rides via first person and ride them via the normal way we could in rtc3

Volunteer
    Would be pretty nifty to be able to walk around in first person!
    Team: RollerCoaster Tycoon World

Please feel free to PM me with any questions, concerns, or even just to chat about your favorite roller coasters! Our team of mods are here to help in anyway possible.

Quote Originally Posted by ddrplaya4638 View Post
    Would be pretty nifty to be able to walk around in first person!
    Wouldn't it =/

They need to make it happen, or a modder does. Ill donate =)

Quote Originally Posted by Thruve View Post
    Wouldn't it =/

They need to make it happen, or a modder does. Ill donate =)
    Yeah! Like in Theme Park Studio