Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Positive Discussion (No Negative Nancy's)

I would say RCT has the most dedicated fanbase in this category that the feedback is genuinely from a place of passion. Good or bad at least people care, and company's pay for this kind of feedback that RCT gets for free.

Passive Peep
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    I like the park gates. And I like the community here (I'm not entirely sure I'm always welcome - but I like it here anyway!)

And I think they did a good thing by relaxing the collision detection, allowing us to place scenery wherever we like.
    allowing us to place scenery wherever we like, and create bigger custom things with smaller custom things

Junior Enthusiast
    Hmm... I'm really trying to think of something.

I can't.

Passive Peep
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
    Hmm... I'm really trying to think of something.

I can't.
    I guess you could have... I don't know... ignored this thread then? Just an idea.

I'm really looking forward to the coaster editor. I know there were problems with it in BETA but I still saw a lot of great coasters. Can't wait to try out the coaster editor myself.

Junior Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Inspector View Post
    Arguably, by limiting the free exchange of ideas and restricting the thread to only positive comments, this is the opposite of a discussion.
    True. And also against the very principals of a 'forum'.

Negative or positive feelings should come as a conclusion of a frank and open discussion. If you decide how you're going to feel about something before considering it, you're basically wasting your time.
    But this isn't a forum, its a thread within the forum. And a thread needs to have a narrower subject or point of discussion amongst the larger theme of the forum. In this case a thread about what we see as "positive" about RCTW is perfectly valid discussion topic, same as a thread about things we dislike. A frank and open discussion takes place in the forum as a whole, but a thread is not enough to fully covey ones thoughts and opinions. I do think topics like this are unnecessary but they don't limit the discussion any more than any other thread.

On topic: I think more than anything I am excited to just play another theme park simulator game. I know there is much room for improvement, but the seemingly little I've seen of it I have often liked. The coaster builder looks great for casual fun, I have No Limits when I want to be more serious but I will enjoy something easier and more immediate. The graphics while not jaw-dropping are pretty great among the current competition. I really like the variable sizes in shops and stalls, its such a minor detail but makes a huge difference when looking back at RCT1-3.

Please keep it positive guys. This is a safespace. No negativity here.

Quote Originally Posted by 4thImpulse View Post
    But this isn't a forum, its a thread within the forum. And a thread needs to have a narrower subject or point of discussion amongst the larger theme of the forum. In this case a thread about what we see as "positive" about RCTW is perfectly valid discussion topic, same as a thread about things we dislike. A frank and open discussion takes place in the forum as a whole, but a thread is not enough to fully covey ones thoughts and opinions. I do think topics like this are unnecessary but they don't limit the discussion any more than any other thread.
    But.. what is the point of discussing any topic if you already establish your feelings (positive/negative in this case) ahead of having the discussion?

Answer: It's not a discussion at all, it's just a list of people giving examples of why they already made their mind up about something.

A discussion starts with; "Hey, this is new - what do you think of it? Let's discuss it". and then by discussing and swapping views and opinions and looking at one anothers views and opinions as well as our own, we 'discuss' the subject and that is how we ultimately discover whether the thing being discussed is good/bad/purple/orange/a duck/or.. not a duck.

Junior Enthusiast
    But.. what is the point of discussing any topic if you already establish your feelings (positive/negative in this case) ahead of having the discussion?

Answer: It's not a discussion at all, it's just a list of people giving examples of why they already made their mind up about something.

A discussion starts with; "Hey, this is new - what do you think of it? Let's discuss it". and then by discussing and swapping views and opinions and looking at one anothers views and opinions as well as our own, we 'discuss' the subject and that is how we ultimately discover whether the thing being discussed is good/bad/purple/orange/a duck/or.. not a duck.
    Exactly.

Not to mention that the fact we even need a thread like this just shows the overall consensus with this game at the moment... not a good sign. Living in a fantasy land where everything is going great (like this thread) is not reality.

It's like trying to make a positive thread for that awful trailer... what's the point?

I really like knowing we'll have User Generated Content.

Quote Originally Posted by 4thImpulse View Post

On topic: I think more than anything I am excited to just play another theme park simulator game. I know there is much room for improvement, but the seemingly little I've seen of it I have often liked. The coaster builder looks great for casual fun, I have No Limits when I want to be more serious but I will enjoy something easier and more immediate. The graphics while not jaw-dropping are pretty great among the current competition. I really like the variable sizes in shops and stalls, its such a minor detail but makes a huge difference when looking back at RCT1-3.
    I think we need to recognise that positivity is not a topic that can be 'discussed', since the conclusion is already assumed from the start. Generally, in discussions a premise can be established, for example, 'Everything Atari has released is super awesome', then the discussion part comes from assessing the validity of the premise. In the case of this thread, allowing only one side of the debate to have a platform means that it simply isn't a discussion. A conversation, maybe, but not a discussion.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast