Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UGC: First Attempt at Mutoscope

Smile UGC: First Attempt at Mutoscope

Hi folks,

Dusting off my old 3D modeling skills for my first object for RCTW UGC.

Here is my "Mutoscope" (a trademarked name for the Penny Arcade machines that show you animated "flip book" pictures).

MutoscopeObjectPicKB.jpg MutoscopeRender1KB.jpg MutoscopeSignKB.jpg

If you guys like it, I'll probably be inspired to make more.
    Last edited by korebreach08; 03-10-2016 at 12:58 PM.

Nice done.

it looks too good. It won't fit with the graphics of the game. Make it ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by korebreach08 View Post
    Hi folks,

Dusting off my old 3D modeling skills for my first object for RCTW UGC.

Here is my "Mutoscope" (a trademarked name for the Penny Arcade machines that show you animated "flip book" pictures).

*pictures post #1*

If you guys like it, I'll probably be inspired to make more.
    I love it, reminds me of the mutoscopes from bioshock infinite

Quote Originally Posted by frederic.maton View Post
    it looks too good. It won't fit with the graphics of the game. Make it ugly.
    low blow, don't you have some other dead horse you can beat?

LOVE IT! As a fan of historical parks I'd love to see similar items made for the game.

Park Patron
    That's really cool!

Passive Peep
    UGC Really is going to push what RCTW can do to a whole new level

Thanks! I haven't done any 3D modeling for several years, but I had an old copy of Lightwave 3D sitting around. Since that's the only program I've done a little training with, that's what I used. Once the plug-in for Unity is released, I'll do the conversion for Unity, and then the RCTW import.

Of course, all of that assumes that I re-purchase RCTW. I'm sitting-on-the-fence with RCTW waiting to see how it turns out. If I end up not purchasing RCTW, I will send my objects to someone with RCTW who wants to upload them.

Also, I used a lot of polygons to make the curved surfaces, especially on the viewer on top. I'll probably have to simplify the object somewhat for memory/performance reasons before import. I guess the amount of simplification will be based on what I can get away with, while still making the object look good in-game.
    Last edited by korebreach08; 03-12-2016 at 10:43 AM.

There's also a lot of polygons in the spherical feet. I'm a Lightwave user too.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Boland View Post
    There's also a lot of polygons in the spherical feet. I'm a Lightwave user too.
    True dat. Good to meet another Lightwave guy. Back in the day, I had a little video production studio with an Amiga 4000 running a Newtek Video Toaster, which included Lightwave. Dating myself here, but the operating software for the Video Toaster, including LW, came on about 53 floppy disks!

vtsoftware.jpg
    Last edited by korebreach08; 03-11-2016 at 11:25 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast