Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: The Real Market for RCTW

  1. #11
    Passive Peep
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    185
    We have already seen quite a lot from Frontier, over this past two weeks and we can see that the detail and quality far exceeds RCTW. What we haven't yet seen from both camps, is actual management game play. Frontier have shown us the quality they are putting into their game, so I have no fear at all, that the management game play, will be up to the same standard as the game footage we have seen. If what we have seen from Atari, so far, is anything to go off, I just can't see it being much better when it comes to its actual game play management. Why hasn't Atari done something similar with their game, showing live streams, and showing what the game is really like? If it was on a par with PC, Atari would be shouting all about it.
    I think Atari are in pretty deep water with RCTW and already know that the standard of their game, just can't compete. So as a last ditch attempt, they are going to release it with UGC thrown in and hope that this will make up for a better game. THere has been no promised second Beta and no definite release date from Atari, yet the clock is ticking very fast now before the public can make their final judgement as to which game will be the AAA game.

  2. #12
    Passive Peep
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffersh View Post
    So as a last ditch attempt, they are going to release it with UGC thrown in and hope that this will make up for a better game.
    I believe UGC was always part of the plan.

  3. #13
    Park Patron
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    1,257
    Quote Originally Posted by MJK1988 View Post
    I believe UGC was always part of the plan.
    It was, but people keep acting like it's a last resort for some reason.

  4. #14
    Passive Peep
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    185
    Quote Originally Posted by Casiquire View Post
    It was, but people keep acting like it's a last resort for some reason.
    I know it was always part of the plan, but the base game is hasn't enough flexibility, because Atari couldn't be bothered to allow any self building materials. Every park you build will have the same park entrance and coaster stations, and shop/stalls. You can't change these with UGC.
    Even the landscaping tools are copied from RCT3. So yes, Atari are relying on the fact that UGC will sell the game. It might sell it, but it won't keep many people amused for very long, when they realise that all the parks they build will have all the same base game elements, that can't be altered.

  5. #15
    With social media which most people have access to this is not as much of a issue as it used to be back in the days of just reading magazines and then websites, it's far easier to get some real info on something (especially with stuff like Youtube reviews etc)

  6. #16
    I disagree with the statements that no one will care about this game based on the fact that everyone is stuck with the same park entrance and stations and stalls- and in the past this hasn't discouraged the general population. The lack of "realistic supports" never stopped the general population from buying. I'd say the general population isn't actually looking to make realistic parks, instead they make unrealistic stuff (coasters that crash, unbelieavably tall rides, etc.). So no I don't think that any of these downfalls often discussed in the forums will matter to the general public. What will matter is how intuitive the controls are to the average player, freedom to make unrealistic things, and the management aspect for people who want to actually play scenarios.

    Custom supports, emulating B&M/Vekoma/Whatever tracks and cars has always been left to the much smaller modding community. The fact that RCTW will have native support for some UGC in the beginning is great. In my honest opinion the best hardcore dedicated fans can hope for is that this game will see good acceptance from the casual community so that it is worthwhile for the developers and publishers to provide more tools for UGC so the UGC creators can get to work on doing what they always do which is add more realisitc content for the hardcore fans.

  7. #17
    Junior Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    724
    Quote Originally Posted by ImagineerCam View Post
    I disagree with the statements that no one will care about this game based on the fact that everyone is stuck with the same park entrance and stations and stalls- and in the past this hasn't discouraged the general population. The lack of "realistic supports" never stopped the general population from buying. I'd say the general population isn't actually looking to make realistic parks, instead they make unrealistic stuff (coasters that crash, unbelieavably tall rides, etc.). So no I don't think that any of these downfalls often discussed in the forums will matter to the general public. What will matter is how intuitive the controls are to the average player, freedom to make unrealistic things, and the management aspect for people who want to actually play scenarios.

    Custom supports, emulating B&M/Vekoma/Whatever tracks and cars has always been left to the much smaller modding community. The fact that RCTW will have native support for some UGC in the beginning is great. In my honest opinion the best hardcore dedicated fans can hope for is that this game will see good acceptance from the casual community so that it is worthwhile for the developers and publishers to provide more tools for UGC so the UGC creators can get to work on doing what they always do which is add more realisitc content for the hardcore fans.
    The other game is virtually eliminating the need for custom supports... it's 2016; this game should not need UGC to fix everything it fixed in RCT3.

    Would you rather play with the supports that come with the game or go through the hassle of replacing every single support on a coaster? RCTW dropped the ball with the supports (and other parts of the game but I'm not focusing on that). They're expecting the players to fix everything they couldn't.

  8. #18
    UGC is basically a feature but I want to see how it integrates with gameplay and AI of the peeps. The only think I would use UGC for is if I want assets from real rides and parks for recreations. The general public wouldn't find this to be a major benefit for them and will probably buy the game regardless. So if the game is limiting in any way past the UGC, it will show that the game relies on the work of others to essentially be creative.

  9. #19
    Junior Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    809
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
    The other game is virtually eliminating the need for custom supports... it's 2016; this game should not need UGC to fix everything it fixed in RCT3.

    Would you rather play with the supports that come with the game or go through the hassle of replacing every single support on a coaster? RCTW dropped the ball with the supports (and other parts of the game but I'm not focusing on that). They're expecting the players to fix everything they couldn't.
    UGC will probably be limited to non interactive models as well, so you can forget to replace a flat ride, stall or coaster track with a better model.
    If someone finds a way to modify those parts of the game then it will take long time.

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by boxman View Post
    UGC will probably be limited to non interactive models as well, so you can forget to replace a flat ride, stall or coaster track with a better model.
    If someone finds a way to modify those parts of the game then it will take long time.
    not really, they said you can animate/make things interactive. how else can you make your own peeps and other cool stuff :3

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. stock market and investors
    By SEA DOG in forum Ideas and Feature Requests - TEMP ARCHIVE
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-22-2016, 05:09 PM
  2. So, where is the real game ?
    By Maydee in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-21-2015, 04:05 AM
  3. UGC Market?
    By [email protected] in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-11-2015, 10:31 PM
  4. Steam Workshop/Market
    By redyar in forum Ideas and Feature Requests - TEMP ARCHIVE
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-07-2015, 07:50 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
RollerCoaster Tycoon is back! RCTW is the first new entry to the RollerCoaster Tycoon franchise in a decade, bringing an innovative new track builder, and much more.
Join us