Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: RCTW - Blog #29 - UGC Video!

Passive Peep
    I think they have all gone into shock, with the release of PC due later today. If you can't beat em, join em!

Passive Peep
    I'm a bit late, but I just scanned the post for the word "scenario". It was not found. So ATM, we have news that we will be able to build the sandbox parks of our dreams...but we don't know if we'll be able to give users the ability to complete missions in it. This is still important.

Park Patron
    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
    I'm a bit late, but I just scanned the post for the word "scenario". It was not found. So ATM, we have news that we will be able to build the sandbox parks of our dreams...but we don't know if we'll be able to give users the ability to complete missions in it. This is still important.
    That certainly exists! I believe they call them "campaigns"

Passive Peep
    Quote Originally Posted by Casiquire View Post
    That certainly exists! I believe they call them "campaigns"
    "camp" was not found in the post, either. Have we had news that we will be able to create custom campaigns?

Park Patron
    "camp" was not found in the post, either. Have we had news that we will be able to create custom campaigns?
    I typed campaign and got seven pages of results.

I'm not sure about custom ones, but I know there are included ones!

Junior Enthusiast
    In a new interview Matt said there would be a Campaign (basically a tutorial), Scenario (like from the old games), and Sandbox mode.

I don't think custom scenarios have been mentioned yet.

Passive Peep
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
    In a new interview Matt said there would be a Campaign (basically a tutorial), Scenario (like from the old games), and Sandbox mode.

I don't think custom scenarios have been mentioned yet.
    That's what I mean. He's being very secretive about this.

I am not sure about custom campaigns, but I hope they know how important a Scenario Editor is as is Sandbox play. Even if we cast our minds back to RCT, we did have to use a cheater (didn't we have another term for it then?) to make changes to a blank scenario? So if we had a community member program that then, maybe if we urge them enough and they are not planning to include this, 1) they will change their mind, 2) provide a cheater or 3) aid someone to make one.

Junior Enthusiast
    That's what I mean. He's being very secretive about this.
    I would think that it would've been mentioned by now if it was in the game honestly. It seems like a pretty big feature to ignore.

I don't think it will be, unfortunately :/

Other games (ranging from Fallout 4 to Transport Tycoon to Diablo 2 to Command & Conquer) have had community written enhancements that dig into the game coding and modify things (fixing bugs the devs didn't, adding enhancement possibilities for modders and players to use, things like that). If what I know about RCT World being written in Unity and what I know about Unity is true, such enhancement patches (e.g. to add a scenario editor if the devs wont give us one) might be even easier than with other games

Once the game finally gets released and I get myself a copy, I will be pulling the thing apart and doing whatever I can (and whatever the time I have at that point allows) to figure out how this game works and how we can make it do things the devs didn't include.

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast