Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Scaling issues

Junior Enthusiast

Scaling issues

This is a recurring issue we've all noticed in these otherwise great photos, its most prevalent with the size of the peeps in comparison to near by objects. And all we've really heard from the devs is its a "simple fov camera thing" or "they are actually ok...and I will work on future shots that will show this". I don't think we've seen it yet and to demonstrate this I did some quick photoshopping on one of the latest pictures. I increased the size of the nearest 4 peeps by 15% and 22%, I think by 22 its looking closer to what I would've expected and comparing at the original the difference is significant.

Original
    Adrenaline-Meadows-Night-3.jpg

15%
    rctw15.jpg

22%
    rctw22.jpg

Bottom line is I want to believe this is a misunderstanding as they say, but its been prevalent in every screenshot and they've failed to show otherwise.

Edit: to clarify I don't mean to say increasing the peep size is the end all fix, but to show one example of these scaling issues.
    Last edited by 4thImpulse; 02-21-2016 at 02:37 AM.

Junior Enthusiast
    Yeah they really do look weird in that original shot.

Still looks massively off. A counter shouldn't really be much higher than about 4 foot from ground level (average adult mid chest level). Even at 22% increased peep sizes their head would only just be above counter height and they'd have to hold their hands over their head in order to pay or collect their goods. Kids, forget about it. They have no chance.

That looks much better, but the counter is still way too high. It's almost like when they modeled these assets they did so without some sort of scaling reference for the peeps.

Quote Originally Posted by 4thImpulse View Post
    This is a recurring issue we've all noticed in these otherwise great photos, its most prevalent with the size of the peeps in comparison to near by objects. And all we've really heard from the devs is its a "simple fov camera thing" or "they are actually ok...and I will work on future shots that will show this". I don't think we've seen it yet and to demonstrate this I did some quick photoshopping on one of the latest pictures. I increased the size of the nearest 4 peeps by 15% and 22%, I think by 22 its looking closer to what I would've expected and comparing at the original the difference is significant.

Original
    Adrenaline-Meadows-Night-3.jpg

15%
    rctw15.jpg

22%
    rctw22.jpg

Bottom line is I want to believe this is a misunderstanding as they say, but its been prevalent in every screenshot and they've failed to show otherwise.
    Original looks TERRIBLE. That is not a 'fov' thing..

Very worrying they miss this issues.

Yeah. I noticed that all of the objects looked in scale but something was throwing the scaling off. I think the peeps are where the issues about scaling are coming from as well. In the beta 1, the scaling looked fine because there was no peeps. If they make the peeps bigger, then the scaling issue will probably be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lettuce View Post
    If they make the peeps bigger, then the scaling issue will probably be fixed.
    It's not as simple as increasing the peeps size because you already have things like their legs clipping though restraints in the coaster cars:

Everything should have been scaled to the dimensions of their peeps from first principles and everything we've seen to date suggests that this was not the case.
    Last edited by Harbinger73; 02-20-2016 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbinger73 View Post
    It's not as simple as increasing the peeps size because you already have things like their legs clipping though restraints in the coaster cars:

Everything should have been scaled to the dimensions of their peeps from first principles and everything we've seen to date suggests that this was not the case.
    It doesn't look like the peep's legs are going through the restraints. I think their legs are going through the bottom of the seat. If you look at where the peeps are holding on to, it doesn't look connected to the place here the peep's legs are going through. If this is the case, then there is way too much room between the peeps and the restraints. I may be looking at it wrong though.
    You're right though, the scaling of the peeps should have already been fixed. As long as they can fix it before release, it should work fine.
    Last edited by Lettuce; 02-20-2016 at 11:22 PM.

You may be right with it being the bottom of the seat that they're clipping through. I assumed it was a bar that was part of the restraint keeping their legs in place.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast