Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Coaster Station Details

Lightbulb Coaster Station Details

What do you look forward to in the coaster stations?
    I would love to see stations that are controllable and have significantly more realistic entry and exit procedures. I would also like to see attendants (employees you could even change colors of and such) that check the cars and work in the control booth. I also think it would be cool to be able to upload your own music like RCT3, but you should also be able to upload ride announcements for entry and exiting of the ride, like on a real coaster at a real park. I think it would be cool if this was an option and the Atari team could place a generic one in the two spots (start and end of ride) for if you don't want to record your voice.
    Just something I've always thought would be cool. It would add a little more personal touch to the game.
    I also think they should do this on the rides.

What do you think?

I completely agree with the general idea, but to review and expand on it in more detail:

- Station Gates
    - Animations for peeps getting on and off the ride (not just teleporting).
    - At least a small control booth, if not a way to place custom ones.
    - Ride Operators (could add some interesting rare occurrences if they went on strike or something, and adds realism, of course).
    - Checking the cars might be a tad far fetched, but it's always possible and would add realism.
    - Ride Announcements probably wouldn't be popular enough of a feature to be included.
    - Controlling the station yourself wouldn't really work in the tycoon genre. Your job is to manage and build the park, not run the rides in it.

One thing I'd like to see is dispatch events.
    The Smiler at Alton Towers has possibly the best example of this, when the train is about to dispatch they flash on a set of lights themed around an operating theater as a voice says "Join us", the train leaves the station as a segment of theme Ride's theme plays before an incredibly loud boom ends the sequence. One of the only videos I could find of the dispatch
    The ability to do something similar, either playing a sound clip or changing the station's lighting would be absolutely amazing. If the dev's have been on a field study on some real rides, I seriously hope they've given it a spin...no pun intended.

(Side note: I think this thread technically belongs in Ideas and suggestions)
    Last edited by Cigfu; 12-13-2014 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cigfu View Post
    One thing I'd like to see is dispatch events.
    The Smiler at Alton Towers has possibly the best example of this, when the train is about to dispatch they flash on a set of lights themed around an operating theater as a voice says "Join us", the train leaves the station as a segment of theme Ride's theme plays before an incredibly loud boom ends the sequence. One of the only videos I could find of the dispatch
    The ability to do something similar, either playing a sound clip or changing the station's lighting would be absolutely amazing. If the dev's have been on a field study on some real rides, I seriously hope they've given it a spin...no pun intended.

(Side note: I think this thread technically belongs in Ideas and suggestions)
    That would be truly amazing!

I also think it would be great if you could add some sort of on-ride soundtrack.
    Last edited by JMR; 12-13-2014 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JordanMRichards View Post
    That would be truly amazing!

I also think it would be great if you could add some sort of on-ride soundtrack.
    The problem with on ride soundtracks is copyright issues, since online is going to be a major feature, they can't include certain features that could be considered illegal file shearing. Though I see no reason why they can't include this in the single player, who knows, they might release modding tools that could allow someone within the community to make such a feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Cigfu View Post
    The problem with on ride soundtracks is copyright issues, since online is going to be a major feature, they can't include certain features that could be considered illegal file shearing. Though I see no reason why they can't include this in the single player, who knows, they might release modding tools that could allow someone within the community to make such a feature.
    Very good point, something which I did not consider.

Although, who exactly would file a DMCA takedown notice on a person playing their song for a virtual rollercoaster? I think they could just have guidelines on uploading soundtracks with a notice saying that they will remove any audio that violates the DMCA guidelines.

Whilst multiplayer creates many possibilities and new ways to enjoy and share the game, it also creates these types of hurdles.

I assume the same restrictions would apply to copyrighted images (ride logos, Etc). They would need to have guidelines on uploading these, also.

The question is, would they have time and resources to enforce these guidelines?
    Last edited by JMR; 12-13-2014 at 11:53 AM.

I think that since rct3 allowed you to play your own music or their stock music on the rides, they should be able to implement that as an option for right when the ride is about to leave the station or stop in the station. Sort of like another mixmaster show. There's a whole procedure that happens when the coaster opens. People enter and wait behind the gates. The announcement starts, gates open, guests get on, gates close, lap bars close, ride slowly starts, announcement ends.
    I think it should be fairly easy if they can do all the things back in what...2005? We should be able to play an announcement for the ride even if it's a generic "please remain seated BLah BLah blah" I just think adding this would give the game one more simple feature for diehard coaster fans who want to hear an announcement like the real thing. It's 2015 c'mon 😉

Quote Originally Posted by lohansony View Post
    I think that since rct3 allowed you to play your own music or their stock music on the rides, they should be able to implement that as an option for right when the ride is about to leave the station or stop in the station. Sort of like another mixmaster show. There's a whole procedure that happens when the coaster opens. People enter and wait behind the gates. The announcement starts, gates open, guests get on, gates close, lap bars close, ride slowly starts, announcement ends.
    I think it should be fairly easy if they can do all the things back in what...2005? We should be able to play an announcement for the ride even if it's a generic "please remain seated BLah BLah blah" I just think adding this would give the game one more simple feature for diehard coaster fans who want to hear an announcement like the real thing. It's 2015 c'mon ��
    I agree, though I would like to see it be more advanced so I don't have to do so much editing of tracks and line up. I think you were suggesting this too, but we should be able to assign specific tracks to all those different parts of the ride. The queue, the loading message, the ride itself, ect.

Here's a few:

-Falling floors for Inverts/Flying coasters
    -Airgates
    -Control Booths
    -An optional "Grouper"
    -A single rider, "fast pass", standard, and other "Special" queue lines
    -Peeps pulling down their own restraints when they're sitting
    -Loose article bins
    -DRIVE TIRES
    -Some sort of entrance without a ticket booth required(for more Franchise parks like Disney or Six Flags)
    -Have a test mode. I liked being able to ride rides without a Peep's hat or face blocking the view.
    -Pretty much everything else that's already been said

Quote Originally Posted by sub780lime View Post
    I agree, though I would like to see it be more advanced so I don't have to do so much editing of tracks and line up. I think you were suggesting this too, but we should be able to assign specific tracks to all those different parts of the ride. The queue, the loading message, the ride itself, ect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy_With_A_Stick View Post
    Here's a few:

-Falling floors for Inverts/Flying coasters
    -Airgates
    -Control Booths
    -An optional "Grouper"
    -A single rider, "fast pass", standard, and other "Special" queue lines
    -Peeps pulling down their own restraints when they're sitting
    -Loose article bins
    -DRIVE TIRES
    -Some sort of entrance without a ticket booth required(for more Franchise parks like Disney or Six Flags)
    -Have a test mode. I liked being able to ride rides without a Peep's hat or face blocking the view.
    -Pretty much everything else that's already been said
    I totally agree. Thank you for posting!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast