Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast

Thread: RCTW General Update and New Community Manager Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Stream View Post
    Actually in that very blog Matt states that Nvizzio continued on the work that Area 52 had done, he also said that Nvizzio had been working on the game for quite a while at the time of the blog being published. I think that was all BS, but that's what the blog says... So according to Matt, Nvizzio has worked on the game for about a year (give or take a month) with many assets already in place from Area 52 when they started.
    Hmmmmm...fair enough. I could have sworn in one blog he said they started everything from scratch and they only re-used assets? I apologize to the previous poster (Geofferish I think was the name?). This is just one of those things none of us except Atari can say for sure went down. I personally don't think they switched to Nvizzio until the crap storm that was the trailer back in March.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
    I don't mind waiting but the thing is that we've been "waiting" since early 2015 and we keep hearing about how great the game is even though there are obvious issues and tons of missing features. If they'd just be honest and upfront with us, a lot of the complaints would go away.
    100% agree with you brah...

Quote Originally Posted by maxfreak View Post
    Hmmmmm...fair enough. I could have sworn in one blog he said they started everything from scratch and they only re-used assets? I apologize to the previous poster (Geofferish I think was the name?). This is just one of those things none of us except Atari can say for sure went down. I personally don't think they switched to Nvizzio until the crap storm that was the trailer back in March.
    That seems much more likely for about a thousand sensible reasons!

It wouldn't be the first or last 'miss-truth' surrounding this game. They also said the recent planed live stream was never planned or announced - despite the fact they had already released an official press statement announcing the planned live stream! Then that the game the the press saw was buggy because they had to use a low spec alienware replacement laptop to demo it on... I checked and the lowest spec laptop they make exceeds the minimum specs for this game. It's never ending.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by maxfreak View Post
    Yeah we can never know exactly what happened, unless someone comes and speaks out. To me it's just perfect proof that it's better to be honest about what's going on, because lies will only come back to bite you later on when people start asking questions. It's almost as if Atari is stuck in this pre-internet mentality where they don't think that everything is logged and people can find whatever they want within just a couple of minutes.

Can you imagine how different things would've been if Matt would've been like "guys... that trailer totally sucked, like sucked sucked. We need to find another developer and start this thing over, and we really need you guys's help in making this game come to life right now." and then kept that mentality throughout.

How long will the internal testing take ?

i hope we get more news now whit our new community manager around here.

would be nice to see some now ! he is atleast verry active here so i hope that gives us more intel on the game and status now.

Passive Peep
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Still asking? You're a version patient person!!
    When something is important, I tell ya, it's important.

Holy **** that is looking nice!

Newcomer
    Really nice screens. I know it is kind of picky but damn that is one ugly textureseam on these lampposts...

Passive Peep
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupol View Post
    Really nice screens. I know it is kind of picky but damn that is one ugly textureseam on these lampposts...
    It's not picky at all. We expect perfect lampposts.

I dont expect perfect lampposts. I still want Atari and Nvizzio to hear that there are those of us in this community who think Realism is secondary to gameplay. And actually think that trying for realism may be the death knell of the franchise. As strong as these computers are becoming, maybe they can not handle 5000 peeps, 90 rides, 15 of which are coasters. 2500 trees, 15000 flowers, and 300 working perfect lampposts.

So, since this is a fun little simulation where corners were cut before to make this a game that was enticing and addictive, I am all in favor of that being done again.

I dont need fluid dynamics in place for water, but would rather have that be sacrificed so I can have my Log Flume, Small World transport boats, and a Dive Coaster that dives into water at release.

Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast