Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Manual Ride Controls

Manual Ride Controls

Wouldn't it be cool to have a control panel and start and stop a ride yourself?

Just imagine controlling the speed of rides or dispatching a rollercoaster from a station. The ideas are endless and I can't wait to see what everyone else comes up with.

I've been wanting full control over rides in the past games, hopefully Roller Coaster Tycoon World can bring in those features. It would he amazing to see complete control over ride and I'm sure everyone else will agree with me.

Feel free to add to my idea down below.

-Robert
    Last edited by Robert Male; 01-08-2015 at 05:42 PM.

Junior Enthusiast 0BobTheJanitor's Avatar
    That would be an incredibly nice detail, but I'm not sure it will be included for the final game.
    But you never know; Area 52 might be open to small additions like these.

i think again this is a small novelty that not many people care about. you are supposed to manage the park not operate the rides. besides no limits basically has that down
    Last edited by a-can-o-beans; 01-08-2015 at 09:32 PM. Reason: typos

I personally would never get to use that function. There is so much other stuff to do in the park.

I like this idea!

It would be nice if you could 'record' your own ride pattern including dispatch times, speeds etc. using a ride control panel. Afterwards you switch to auto mode and the system executes your ride pattern repeatedly.

Newcomer
    I want this

I would like to have be avalible to stop and start a ride but i dont like the thing about the speeds, it would be really wierd.

In RCT3 we could very speeds, timing, and yes it was then set it and forget it. But how much micro management do you want on each individual ride, when so many other game play mechanics are vying for your attention?

Quote Originally Posted by dwwilkin View Post
    In RCT3 we could very speeds, timing, and yes it was then set it and forget it. But how much micro management do you want on each individual ride, when so many other game play mechanics are vying for your attention?
    When I build a ride I want to see it evolve, I want to evaluate the interaction with the ride. If needed I will change the ride experience until it is perfect. Small changes in ride operations can be the difference between an almost empty train and a full train. I never just set some settings and then forget about it. Yes, I can shift my attention to new rides but the actual daily operations of existing rides are just as important to me.

Stefan, when I build a coaster, and even some of my flat rides, I too have spent time tweaking at the ride control panel until it works the way I want it to. Lift Hill at 14 miles per hour, Block brakes in certain areas, Different color cars on the trains. But once I get happy, the park mechanic will be telling me that there is something broken which may mean time to send the mechanics to school, or we need to hire another. I may now have enough cash to go build the Pizza Stall. Or I have to set a path for Clint Bushton... Etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast