Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RCTW - What's Different?

Passive Peep

RCTW - What's Different?

On another of my threads I was saying features I'd love in the game. Many of the features were available in PC, but not RCTW.

For instance, PC has better Designed Peeps, more Versatile Terraforming and Piece by Piece Building.

So here's my question.

In which ways is RCTW going to be better than PC?

Newcomer
    UGC

Quote Originally Posted by Zerael View Post
    UGC

I'm a bit shaky on RCTW UGC. I know we will have it, but once you've created and imported something, I get the impression the way the game is designed will make it difficult to do anything with it!

So initially we know UGC is limited to just scenery objects (nothing dynamic). So what can I do with that? I guess I could make a beauitiful CS rocky tunnel, import in at pass a coaster through it. But when I have imported it will the lack of height control over placement mean my tunnel just has to sit on the landscape? Will I be able to sink it partially into the landscape?

Assuming I somehow solve that, I then have to pass the coaster through it. But will the coaster collision system allow this? I really think it won't, as it won't see the hollow part of the tunnel as empty space, it will just see the entire tunnel model as a single block.

So can I break the tunnel down into bottom piece, 2 side pieces and a top piece and assemble it around the coaster? No, I can't because there is piece by piece building.

So yes RCTW has UGC. But the game itself is going to severely limit how you can use UGC, and also if the game is poor in general, there won't be a thriving community making all the UGC.

And to top it all off, discussions are opening up, with a little dev input about UGC in PC. It's still quite possible PC could have UGC.

As for other things RCTW has that PC does not, here is the list:

1)... erm.

Passive Peep
    I agree completely with deuce. The UGC may not be dynamic enough. All I will be able to create is scenery, which won't even interact with the environment. For instance, if I make a bunch of dinosaur scenery and want to have a dinosaur section to the park, the game may not recognise this.

RCTW is not dynamic or versatile
    Last edited by JHouston; 02-08-2016 at 02:15 PM.

And that's worrying. To be honest the ONLY thing RCTw has over PC IS UGC. Many people are willing to overlook the games many faults IF they are able to create our own content. But if there's a bunch of limitations on it, (or we're stuck with a bunch of ugly, out of scale rides and coasters...), then it's going to wind up just like TPS - a game I should have waited until release so I wouldn't have wasted my money. And I won't be happy.

Maybe the focus of the next Beta Weekend should be the UGC system.

Thing of it, by now Atari and Nvizzio are probably wise to only do the 2nd Beta Weekend, (DEMO Weekend) when the game is very stable, and complaints about it will be few and far between.

Then the use of UGC at that time, prior to release, could/would lead to stocking the Steam Workshop (something that mods may need to curate, for instance, how many Stop Signs should they be added to Steam Workshop, will we need (now of course everyone is going to add a Stop Sign and there will be thousands)) and thus when the game is released, there will be a big bunch of UGC for us all to play with right away

EDIT-BTW when we first had RCT3 the CS was not dynamic, but it was static, for years. So that is not too much a concern for me. But the lack of water rides, transport rides, even dark rides (my work around is if we can use the building mechanism we were promised to create a structure (even 1 story) that was how we fauxed Dark Rides before) are items we need in the game
    Last edited by dwwilkin; 02-08-2016 at 04:03 PM.

Passive Peep
    dwwilkin- That would work wonders. Nvizzio could also see what people were creating, and try to make those items interact with the environment. Hopefully they will make UGC as interactive as possible

Junior Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by dwwilkin View Post
    Maybe the focus of the next Beta Weekend should be the UGC system.

Thing of it, by now Atari and Nvizzio are probably wise to only do the 2nd Beta Weekend, (DEMO Weekend) when the game is very stable, and complaints about it will be few and far between.
    There should be no focus on anything. The next and supposedly final beta should have everything unlocked or else there is no point.
    They also sold this game with the second beta having rest of the game unlocked.

In my opinion, RCTW will have the better coastrr builder once people get used to it. The combination of piece by piece and spline is perfect. It allows the people who want to make really realistic coasters to use the spline tool and also gives the piece by piece tool for lift hills, break runs, and for people who like that building mode better. It also allows people to make a coaster in 10-15 minutes in RCTW that would take probably double the time in PC. A lot of the reviews of the people who played with the beta for a long period of time said that they hated the coaster builder until they got used to it and found it much quicker than piece by piece. UGC is also a big plus for RCTW. It allows more customization of scenery than PC since Frontier has been dodging questions about custom content. Also, the peeps for RCTW have not been shown yet in the game, and the picture of them from the christmas peep picture looks pretty good. We won't truly know which is the better game until they are both released.

Quote Originally Posted by boxman View Post
    There should be no focus on anything. The next and supposedly final beta should have everything unlocked or else there is no point.
    They also sold this game with the second beta having rest of the game unlocked.
    I dont think there has been any official statements about what would be in the 2nd Beta. It could just be picking up Peeps and reading their thoughts. or it could be the entire game unlocked. But why have that? If then a couple weeks later everyone gets the entire game unlocked? What would it serve to have those who pre-ordered get the entire game for 60 to 72 hours x days ahead of the rest of the world. It would go back to being locked right after. Yet there are obviously cracks already to play any Beta that comes out.

That sets up the argument that there will be vast areas that should be locked. Perhaps the entire Coaster dynamics since it previously has been tested. That and Terrain, and scenery placement. Maybe we just get flat rides to place, paths to get to the rides, and peeps...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast