Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Canceling an Order Question

Canceling an Order Question

Hello,

I submitted a ticket with Digital River about getting a refund. They eventually came back and said that there could not be a refund since it was more than 30 days (pre-ordered back in Oct.). I said this was a pre-order and I should be able to cancel it anytime up to release. Then they told me to go to Atari to process the refund.

I then opened a support ticket with Atari on January 9th and I got an update email on January 20th saying my ticket has been escalated. I STILL have not gotten another email/answer from Atari. I just want a simple cancellation/refund. How can it take so long!?!?

Has anyone else been through this process?

Junior Enthusiast
    I haven't been through the process (I got my refund through Steam a few hours after I requested it), but there is no reason why you shouldn't be able to get a refund. The game isn't even out yet.

Junior Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudash View Post
    Hello,

I submitted a ticket with Digital River about getting a refund. They eventually came back and said that there could not be a refund since it was more than 30 days (pre-ordered back in Oct.). I said this was a pre-order and I should be able to cancel it anytime up to release. Then they told me to go to Atari to process the refund.

I then opened a support ticket with Atari on January 9th and I got an update email on January 20th saying my ticket has been escalated. I STILL have not gotten another email/answer from Atari. I just want a simple cancellation/refund. How can it take so long!?!?

Has anyone else been through this process?
    Hi yeah I went through the process and I will admit it is a complete nightmare, I fought with them at the beginning of Jan for about 2 weeks until I finally got my refund. They were doing the same to me, every excuse under the sun just to make you give in 1st. You and I aren't the only ones though back in November, December, there were a lot of people having the same issue.

My only advice is just keep on sending tickets in, it is a preorder, they didn't deliver the product so you want your money back. They have to in the end if they don't I have no idea as I have never been in that situation. Maybe there is a lawyer on here that could help

Passive Peep
    Quote Originally Posted by B3DDO3 View Post
    Hi yeah I went through the process and I will admit it is a complete nightmare, I fought with them at the beginning of Jan for about 2 weeks until I finally got my refund. They were doing the same to me, every excuse under the sun just to make you give in 1st. You and I aren't the only ones though back in November, December, there were a lot of people having the same issue.

My only advice is just keep on sending tickets in, it is a preorder, they didn't deliver the product so you want your money back. They have to in the end if they don't I have no idea as I have never been in that situation. Maybe there is a lawyer on here that could help
    This is another thing that makes Atari very trustworthy in my eyes.... Good luck with your refund, you have right to refund the product...

I charged back the amount after getting nowhere with support... it was a complete nightmare... I'm sure they are breaking a number of laws with their poor refund policy. They had no sense of reasoning and just continued to send pre-templated responses. It costs them in the end as I'm sure chargebacks come with penalties/fee's etc
    Last edited by killahboo; 01-29-2016 at 04:54 PM.

That's pretty unfortunate that you felt the need to create a forum account just to tell us about the issues you're having with your cancellation.

This is so ironic, I'm currently going through the same process and it's so frustrating. I've been trying to refund my preorder since the beginning of December, 2 months now. Digital River gave me the same response saying I need approval from Atari, but no matter how many tickets I place (currently up to 4) with Atari, they refuse to reply. It's pretty sad, and terrible customer service. They can deduct the money from your account immediately but it takes over 2 months to even get a reply to get the process started? That's not how you run a successful business. I just want my money back but I don't know what else to do.

Junior Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    That's pretty unfortunate that you felt the need to create a forum account just to tell us about the issues you're having with your cancellation.
    Yes, it is. Atari should be ashamed.

There needs to be more people like this so we can see the kind of company Atari really is.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    It truly is, because they don't reply to their support emails and there is no alternate contact.

Hey everyone. I wish you good luck! Sad that it goes like it goes. I hope you all get it sorted!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast