View Poll Results: How important is a scenario editor to you?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • It is a critical part to the game and/or a main feature for me; I may not purchase without it.

14 27.45%
  • It's cool and I want to play custom scenarios, but it's not critical overall.

30 58.82%
  • It's not important. I don't plan to use it, and will get the game with or without it.

5 9.80%
  • "Other", please post your view.

2 3.92%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Scenario Editor?

Passive Peep

Scenario Editor?

How important is the scenario editor in the purchase decision for you?

Please also discuss your views on the scenario editor and how you'd like to see it implemented if you are looking for this feature, as well.
    Last edited by magicart87; 01-28-2016 at 06:28 AM.

Volunteer
    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
    I will not be happy without a scenario editor. I want to know for sure we're getting a scenario editor. That's all I care about.
    That is a concern of mine too...

I will not be happy without a scenario editor. I want to know for sure we're getting a scenario editor. That's all I care about.
    Without a Scenario Editor I dont think I can host the Small Park Competitions again. I also think that without the Scenario Editor, the replayability will be much less than it could be. For one, Cyclone, you won't be able to recreate Forest Frontiers this time out for me to play that in RCTW... very face

Ditto. Real important for gameplay longevity. Being able to create and share scenarios is a must!

Passive Peep
    Quote Originally Posted by dwwilkin View Post
    Without a Scenario Editor I dont think I can host the Small Park Competitions again. I also think that without the Scenario Editor, the replayability will be much less than it could be. For one, Cyclone, you won't be able to recreate Forest Frontiers this time out for me to play that in RCTW... very face
    Exactly. There are so many elements of play that are lost without a scenario editor. Atari needs to be upfront about this. Don't treat it as something not worthy of attention. Tell us we'll be able to create our own scenarios. I for one will not be happy without a scenario editor, and want to know for sure we're getting a scenario editor. That's all I care about. LOL

In the meantime, I continue to slowly convert maps. Lightning Peaks is converted to text. I have Mel's World in process, but have temporarily stopped activities on that conversion to move everything to a new system. Once I copy everything in, I'll pick that one up again. The area behind the park is fully completed, moving into the park next. Strangely, RCT2 Scenario Editor is refusing to remove a few specific water tiles that I think were originally home to a station for a boat pier or something like that. I think I know what those tiles are based on the surroundings, so it isn't a problem, but it's still weird. It's also interesting that I cannot remove all foilage, scenery, and water for this purpose without having to constantly revisit the later tab to get more money...even if I set a no cash setup. I think this is a bug.
    Last edited by CycloneGU; 01-28-2016 at 02:35 PM. Reason: Merging a double-post together in a concise way.

The only custom scenario I ever played in rct3 was an empty maximum size map because it saved a lot of time clicking the larger arrow.
    I doubt very much that I would bother to use it TBH I'm more into sandbox building but I'm sure (if there was a decent editor) some pretty interesting scenarios would eventually appear which I might be interested in.
    Sooo, yeah I want a powerful scenario editor with lots of options and suchness to exist at some point (not fussed about at launch if it means rushing it) so that it is possible to make scenarios that would extend the lifetime of the game endlessly.
    Last edited by shirty; 01-26-2016 at 09:25 PM.

Junior Enthusiast
    Not critical but very important. As of right now though, I won't be buying RCTW either way. There's still way too much they need to fix.

Passive Peep
    At the time of this post, 3 for critical part of the game, 9 for nice but not critical, and one person likes cheese.

Personally, I see it as a critical element, but only in the sense that it extends longevity and keeps people playing. If you finish the scenarios, what else is there to do? I also see the competitions element that was mentioned and today found a group of RCT1 scenarios that were used for competitions, so remaking those for a competition or even as basic scenarios would also be cool. Also found the Gameplay, PC World, and Gamestop scenarios in my archive today from a 2014 backup, but just want to find a batch of levels from a site that had a ton I had to change i and out because they used the same flags in th scenario selection. Myself, I like making older scenarios, so it's big for me to help extend game longevity.

Like shirty I seldom play scenarios, in fact I think I did one when RCT3 first came out and didn't finish it, now I usually do build in RCT3's scenario editor so I have access to everything.

But I voted 'critical', not because it necessarily is for me personally, but because I know it's VERY important for a large segment of the community, and I think it's an important feature in attracting new players. Thus it strengthens the game overall. A stronger game means a better game for me as well.

It's also a feature we've had for a while. I can't see why we would go backwards on what's supposed to be an AAA title that brags it's so full-featured?

It's a nice feature, but I don't think it's important at launch. Maybe adding in the very last update to extend game's life.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast