Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Playable demos at PAX South January 29-31

Junior Enthusiast

Post Playable demos at PAX South January 29-31

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...300207666.html

According to this site Atari will be at PAX next week with a playable demo of RCTW! Now will this be a new demo with the latest features and possibly newly announced features? The site doesn't say but its definitely something to look forward too. I'm sure if they are are planning another livestream we will hear about it soon, but even some simple handheld recordings of the demos would be cool.

Is anyone here planning to go?

Volunteer
    That's interesting...I look forward to that.

I sure hope that if theres a pax playable demo then there had sure as hell better be another beta window too either at same time or VERY close to
    It would be very bad marketing to allow people to play a little slice of the game for free while not allowing those who preordered their promised piece of pie.
    The way I see it is if theres a build worth taking to pax then theres a build that the preorderers should have access to too
    Last edited by shirty; 01-23-2016 at 09:40 AM.

Super Moderator
    Volunteer
    The 29th will be here soon. I'm assuming a dev blog will be posted before then.

Quote Originally Posted by OTR24 View Post
    I'm hoping for monday...

Quote Originally Posted by shirty View Post
    I sure hope that if theres a pax playable demo then there had sure as hell better be another beta window too either at same time or VERY close to
    It would be very bad marketing to allow people to play a little slice of the game for free while not allowing those who preordered their promised piece of pie.
    The way I see it is if theres a build worth taking to pax then theres a build that the preorderers should have access to too
    That's an excellent point. To sell people pre-orders on the promise of beta access, then cut back the beta access 2 just 2 weekends, then to delay the second until last month (that didn't happen) and then to let other people play for free - that would be bad even by Atari standards. Unforgivable really.

Quote Originally Posted by OTR24 View Post
    I imagine there will be a 'see us at PAX' focused dev blog. not really a 'development blog'... But then they so rarely are.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    then to let other people play for free - that would be bad even by Atari standards. Unforgivable really.
    I know that I for one will be pretty furious if people at pax get to see something that we have yet to see.
    I mean we have yet to even see peeps properly in motion and I really don't see a playable demo at pax not having peeps walking around or else its hardly promoting the game without them, again.
    It'll be a pretty hefty kick to the teeth of pre-orderers if pax previews things the community hasn't a clue about.

Junior Enthusiast
    I know that I for one will be pretty furious if people at pax get to see something that we have yet to see.
    I mean we have yet to even see peeps properly in motion and I really don't see a playable demo at pax not having peeps walking around or else its hardly promoting the game without them, again.
    It'll be a pretty hefty kick to the teeth of pre-orderers if pax previews things the community hasn't a clue about.
    I don't see that as being a problem at all, a place like PAX would be a great place to show off some new feature like peeps or management. If they were to show off new features they will absolutely be shared here soon after. The last pax demo back in august/septmeber was the first time anyone really saw a working RCT game from Nvissio. There is no reason they should hide stuff from PAX unless we know about it here first, but if they were to continue hiding what they showed off at PAX that would be the true crime.

I don't know if a playable demo will be available at PAX. If it is, I don't much mind. Were individuals that pre-ordered the game assured they would receive early-access reveals and incentives beyond the obvious Beta-play events?

Even if we are not yet allowed to play beta 2.0; I would think everyone is eager to see new gameplay additions at PAX. If that's showing off Peep AI and other base gameplay assets then by all means I'd rather it be showcased at PAX than to have us wait.

I agree that this community should get devblog reveals before resorting to hunting for leaked content, trolling PAX twitch streams, etc. But in the event we don't get any updates between now and then...I do look forward to seeing what PAX South has to reveal - pre-order or not.

Bring it on PAX!

New interviews and videos incomming !!

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast