Thread: When Playing RTC 3 Platinum in Sand Box Mode!

Unhappy When Playing RTC 3 Platinum in Sand Box Mode!

When playing RTC3 Platinum in Sand Box mode why is the the bigger the park they less people just ride rides... all they seem to do is walk up and down the paths. All my queve lines are always empty. Now when i first start the park they ride the first couple rides around the enterance but they always just seem to walk around the park doing absolutely nothing and it pisses me off because i make these awesome parks and theme them and everything and they dont ride hardly ANYTHING! Yea i mean i get the occasional 1 or 2 at a time but i mean crap. ADVICE needed. Waiting for RTCW has made me addicted to RTC 3 platinum again.

Volunteer
    Sadly that's just the way it is. The game wasn't greatly optimized in the A.i. department. An option is to always just close the rides you don't want peeps going on.

Haha RCT3 peeps were amazing for their ability to do nothing.
    It wasn't really lacking optimising it was lacking AI depth as they had no actual aim in what they want to do and so end up wandering until something that appeals to them appears in front of them.
    Ultimately peeps could wander forever in circles and not ride anything, I found the best way to get around it was to have your park laid out so that you have several plazas where all the rides are queued to a plaza and try to limit how many different routes there are between the plazas. This seemed to reduce the amount of aimless wandering and focus them on having ride options in front of them. It can look a little ugly like this but the peeps lack of AI prefers it IMO.
    I have no tips for how to avoid peep groups getting split up though, it annoys me where periodically I have to go through the guests list reuniting peeps too dumb to regroup.

I find that the Sam Denney and Jon Roach cheats help at least give the queues a small line, which is better than none at all.