Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: New flat ride preview : The Pendulum

I guess they tried kinda to "Mix Up" 2 Rides aka "Evolution" and "The Pendulum" (or "Freesbe" or however u call it lol) and the first thing in my mind was the "Copyright" thing. It looks kinda weird with the little "arms" but the lights are cool and I'm really thrilled to see what's next

Quote Originally Posted by Mattlab View Post
    To ensure better realism to match the ride as designed we decided to tweak the animation to have it spin then slowly rise up and spin at the top and then come back back down. The name of the ride will also likely be tweaked

The design of the ride is beautiful and we are tweaking the animation to make sure it's equally deserving!

Looking forward to revealing additional rides and much more!
    Great to know that the animation will improve!

I don't know if that would be too much work, but for me in the real ride the suppont are slightly tilted towards the centre, so in the end, the rotating cubic part that connects the supports with the moving part of the ride is shorter...
    Last edited by DoctorPelusa; 01-21-2016 at 07:33 PM.

Park Patron
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    Thank God we gave them feedback! The graphics look nice as well.

Thank you Joe, for basically answering your own question. I'm thankful he have a community of creative and observant minds and that we were able to help the devs move the game in the right direction as well.
    More than for my feedback, was for the amount of dislikes and negative comments in the trailer of Area 52, don't you think?

Otherwise, no one would have bought the game, and don't think that Atari was interested to see that.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Android View Post
    More than for my feedback, was for the amount of dislikes and negative comments in the trailer of Area 52, don't you think?

Otherwise, no one would have bought the game, and don't think that Atari was interested to see that.
    Thanks, Joe! Remembering back to the Area 52 trailer, this game has improved by leaps and bounds because of the community's feedback! Let's give Atari and Nvizzio a round of applause, Ladies and Gentlemen! For putting the fans' concerns first.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Android View Post
    Yes, it has improved in the appearance, but still offers less possibilities than RCT3.

They must work longer and harder to catch up the level of, at least in possibilities, the game of the competence.
    That's right, Joe. There's still a lot of work to be done. But I'm confident that Atari has the right team for the job. Thanks for the chat.

To ensure better realism to match the ride as designed we decided to tweak the animation to have it spin then slowly rise up and spin at the top and then come back back down. The name of the ride will also likely be tweaked

The design of the ride is beautiful and we are tweaking the animation to make sure it's equally deserving!

It's good to hear that you guys that you guys are tweaking the animation, but....." The design of the ride is beautiful " sorry but the current ride is far from being beautiful ,at lease you can do is tilt the support structure inward a bit to give it a better look.

Park Patron
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    That's right, Joe. There's still a lot of work to be done. But I'm confident that Atari has the right team for the job. Thanks for the chat.
    This is what they have to do if they want to survive to the heavy of Planet Coaster.

Also, if the fans ask more possibilities, they will have no choice to do that.

Well now I want a real pendulum style ride that swings back and forth and gets you into that zero-G moment at the top of each rise

Super Moderator
    Volunteer

Oh, and since we have identified at least 2 ways of thinking of this ride (which is not just changing the seating option) that leads us to the discussion that more rides in the release, a bigger palette, is better. (50+ flat rides is now what i am aiming for. A compromise between the "greater than 30" Mattlab mentioned back in September and the 70+ we had in RCT3 at release.

Here are 2 not 1.

Someone said in a thread some while ago that the Flat Rides would be relatively easy. A matter of an artist taking a day to render one. It seems based on our discussion in this thread that it is more of a challenge than that.

But over 50 flat rides if it extends the release date by a few weeks for us to get to that number is something I think we should consider. I know there is a lot of impatience, but I would rather have a very complete game released, rather than one that runs out of steam after a few items are put in a park and leaves you feeling shorted because of those 30 flat rides several are specific to the Western theme as we saw in the previous Demos and rides you do not envision in your park.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast