View Poll Results: Poll

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nah, I don't want this option; I want 3D stuff cameras only!

13 72.22%
  • I would like to see this get in the game!

5 27.78%

Thread: RCT1/2 Camera Modus

Lightbulb RCT1/2 Camera Modus

I really would like to see a camera option where you can zoom in like in RCT1/2 (not smooth but you know what I mean), and I also would like to see an option where you can turn the camera 90 degrees also like in RCT1/2.

Pretty sure a lot of people would like this. *Flies away*
    Last edited by RazerBlue6; 01-08-2015 at 12:45 PM.

its going to be in 3d. i dont know why people still feel the need to discuss this. With coasters getting the overhaul they needed a 3d camera is a necessity

Quote Originally Posted by a-can-o-beans View Post
    its going to be in 3d. i dont know why people still feel the need to discuss this. With coasters getting the overhaul they needed a 3d camera is a necessity

? Its not impossible to implement an isometric camera to a 3d game...I would not prefer it, I always used freelook in RCT3...Also RCT3 seemed pretty 3d to me.....Was it not? What do you mean by a 3d camera?

Junior Enthusiast
    Why do people want to look at their park like that? It's so restrictive; I like being able to move around in any direction and see everything.

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetLord420 View Post
    ? Its not impossible to implement an isometric camera to a 3d game...I would not prefer it, I always used freelook in RCT3...Also RCT3 seemed pretty 3d to me.....Was it not? What do you mean by a 3d camera?
    RCT3 had an isomettric and i believe it should be added to the game(not that i would ever use it). I may have misunderstood the OP but it alot of people are wanting this game to remain a 2d isometric game. people are still discussing it even though its been confirmed that it will be 3d.

With all of the hype I decided to stick in my old RCT1 cd, and when I was busy building up good old forest frontiers and looking over my whole park this was the first thing that popped into my head "They should have an isometric view!" I would use it for nostalgia, but I think I would also use it for building as having to control a 3D camera sometimes gets in the way of building, I know as I often use the orthogonal views when making a model in blender, and then switch back to perspective view to explore the park.

I think it would be cool to see the park rotate in isometric view.

I know it would be a lot of extra work but having a "nostalgia" mode might be a fun, where the paths and spline tracks would remain full 3D, but the buildings, flat rides, and peeps would get covered over by a 2D sprite. Actually just having a "classic guest" mode would be fun for nostalgic value. All peeps get the classic looking meshes, wouldn't necessarily change AI behaviour, and it might reduce memory load on older GPUS as well.