Thread: Progress/Saved Game sync

Progress/Saved Game sync

Hello,

I'm still a RCT1 player and I want to play on multiple computers, is there a way to setup Dropbox to sync my progress and saved games between my different machines?

Regards
    Fred

Hello Fred,

You can copy your saved parks and ride blueprints from RCT1 to another folder (like Dropbox) if you want. Look for those files in the game folder (that's where the shortcut of the game will lead to, check properties of the game shortcut). Then, you can use those files on another computer to load the parks. I do this myself as a backup of saved parks.

Maybe someone else knows how to copy the progress (park list with unlocked parks and highscores). I once tried to copy the entire game folder to a new computer in order to preserve progress, but that failed, because whenever I tried to launch the game, it appeared to overwrite some game files with content from the original game CD.

Since then, I always save parks a few days before 31 October of the final year of the objectives, so that I can use those saved parks to quickly fill the highscores list (and unlock parks down the list) so that I can start with parks not available when you first install the game.

Hope this helps.

Atari Customer Support ChipmunkAtariCS's Avatar
    Hello,

Please send a support ticket at http://support.atari.com/ so that we can better assist you. Access the site and click on “Submit a help request”, select “Technical Support”, fill in your information and click on submit.

To better assist you with your issue, we would like to request a copy of your DXDiag to review. Please follow the steps below and paste the contents of the file into the ticket you submit.

To create a DXDiag report, follow these steps:

1. Click "Start" menu, then click "Run"
    2. In the "Open" box, type: DXDiag (hit enter)
    3. If this is your first time running DXDiag, click "Yes" to launch the DirectX Diagnostic Tool.
    4. Click "Save All Information" to create a DXDiag report.
    5. Choose a name and location for the dump file (for ease of finding it we recommend the desktop) and click "Save".

Thank you for playing!