Thread: Is World going to be available to play on a Mac?

Is World going to be available to play on a Mac?

Like all of you I love to play RCT and I've been following the release of RCTW for some time now. I'm wondering why it's not being made available for Mac users? In this day-and-age I'd expect Mac releases to be available as it has a growing user base. Are there any plans for a Mac release?
    Last edited by JMR; 01-10-2016 at 10:38 AM. Reason: Edited misleading title.

Maybe, maybe not. But first it has to be released on pc and linux... And it's not planned yet... Ah ah.

Quote Originally Posted by frederic.maton View Post
    Maybe, maybe not. But first it has to be released on pc and linux... And it's not planned yet... Ah ah.
    OK thanks Frederic, I'll keep watching in anticipation! If not I may have to diehard and go out and get a Windows machine just to be able to play it. It seems as though it is only natively supported on Windows 7 - would it not operate on Windows 10 as that seems to the the default OS for new laptops these days.

Quote Originally Posted by MattioMatt View Post
    OK thanks Frederic, I'll keep watching in anticipation! If not I may have to diehard and go out and get a Windows machine just to be able to play it. It seems as though it is only natively supported on Windows 7 - would it not operate on Windows 10 as that seems to the the default OS for new laptops these days.
    You can use bootcamp and install win 7 on it. It works quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by frederic.maton View Post
    You can use bootcamp and install win 7 on it. It works quite well.
    That's a great point & one that I had forgotten, I'll do that! I'll just need to find somewhere where I can buy Windows 7. Is it still available to purchase, with Windows 8 & 10 it may be hard to come by? Does it not work on those OS platforms?

Even RCT1 runs on Windows 10, so it would be really weird if RCTW was not to run on Windows 10. I play RCT1 on my Windows 10 PC. I think RCTW will run fine on Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10.

Quote Originally Posted by JoŽlNL View Post
    Even RCT1 runs on Windows 10, so it would be really weird if RCTW was not to run on Windows 10. I play RCT1 on my Windows 10 PC. I think RCTW will run fine on Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10.
    Thanks Joe! I've got nothing to do all afternoon so looking to get Windows installed now. Am I able to play the BETA now? I know you can pre-order the game at the moment but it seems to be some of the community already have RCTW installed now and are able to play?

Volunteer
    Awhile ago I started a thread asking about Windows 10 support for rctw and Matt confirmed that it would be fully compatible.

Quote Originally Posted by MattioMatt View Post
    Are there any plans for a Mac release?
    Yes, they said it would come to Mac, but it won't be at launch - it'll be some time after.

Hi MarioMatt, welcome to the forums!

Yes, RCTW will be available on Mac. Here are my sources:

Lastly, some good news for you Mac users out there – RCTW WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR MAC! We don’t have a set release date yet for our Mac edition, but we’ll update you all as soon as we have more information.
    Quoted from Blog 19 http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/r...a-access-info/

There is also a tweet confirming it. https://mobile.twitter.com/officialr...54519943020544

It probably won't be released right at launch. But it will definitely be available for Mac. So stay tuned for a release date for that, just know that it's coming!

Also yes, it will work on Windows 10.

Source: https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.co...ll=1#post21925
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattlab View Post
    We are indeed working on making sure the game works well with Windows 10. Once we are further into testing we will be announcing updated recommend specs, etc. That said the requirement to have a 64bit OS, at least 4gb of memory, and with a card that supports at minimum DX11 will likely not be changing.
    Happy to help.
    Last edited by JMR; 01-10-2016 at 10:37 AM.