Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: the new release date?

Junior Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by dwwilkin View Post
    If the state of the "Pendulum" Flat Ride is the most recent release of info we have to go on, or the Screenshots, then maybe the 31st of March is too early, still.

I have mentioned before that I would like to see the game postponed until we get dark rides, more than 50+ flat rides, Water Rides, etc.

I would like a knock my socks off feature that PC haven't shown or announced but we have talked about, like Parades, for instance.

Or one of my favorites, a Dancing Waters Show, but that would probably have to wait until we recreate the AFE, and we haven't heard anything about Fireworks, so in a future DLC.

But back to my point, unless this game has one feature that will knock our socks off, and a feature that isn't something that the developer of RCT3 can quickly put in their offering and make it seem as if it was offered there always, RCTW has some pretty tough work ahead of it. Certainly the build just last month that we saw I don't think could best what we have seen this week from those Develope

But back to my point, unless this game has one feature that will knock our socks off, and a feature that isn't something that the developer of RCT3 can quickly put in their offering and make it seem as if it was offered there always, RCTW has some pretty tough work ahead of it. Certainly the build just last month that we saw I don't think could best what we have seen this week from those Developers of 10+ years ago.

I don't want RCTW to be in my hot little hands, played for 3 months, and then sent to the bottom of the pile because the other guys come out with something so much better, that this is the last RCT entry in the Franchise. I want Nvizzio, and Mattlab to sit and think and make sure that even if they are upstaged by the other guys, it, as Wellington said, "Is A Close Run Thing" and then with DLC popping out at a regular schedule can make our RCT Franchise, and with UGC, something that means in 2019, we will be back here again debating about how we can or can't see every follicle of hair on the Peep in the upcoming RCT5
    Got Déjà vu reading your post there, it may need a little editing. I think you are right though, only problem is if they don't have a feature that would knock our socks off already then its going to be impossible to get one in now that the other guys couldn't just put in themselves and say it was always there.

I am really looking forward to March, if RCTW doesn't delay again (I don't think they will Atari can't afford to keep this in the oven any longer), it will be an out and out head to head battle between PC early access and RCTW. Both have a lot of work to be done. PC needs to get the early access out that lives up to RCTW to get RCTW's initial sales (yeah if its not as good they can fairly play the early access card but they are going to want to storm out of the gates to give everyone no reason to buy RCTW). RCTW is going to want to beat PC's early access and by a lot, a lot of websites where a lot of customers are, are still trumping this game AAA, if it is close between the 2 then these websites are going to put PC and RCTW head to head and if they say RCTW is only slightly better than an early access game then its not going to look good. March is going to be an amazing month for us Theme Park fans.

One thing I will say that does make me very disappointed is Atari, the way they treat everyone is just awful they ruin careers. I won't buy another Eden Games and I know a lot of people wont because of TD:U2, I can bet Atari was to blame though. Nvizzio has done an amazing job and we all know that but there are millions who don't. Its easy to see Atari wanted to cash in with this game and is not willing to spend the money required to make this good. While we know Nvizzio has done a great job if this game fails then Pipeworks and Area 52 are in the clear but when Nvizzio makes another game the review sites will say Developers Nvizzio (also made RCTW) that would be a constant drag on them and turn people off immediately. You have to feel sorry for the little guys when the big guys are pulling the chains, it just ruins peoples careers and they don't care.

Passive Peep
    Quote Originally Posted by B3DDO3 View Post
    Got Déjà vu reading your post there, it may need a little editing. I think you are right though, only problem is if they don't have a feature that would knock our socks off already then its going to be impossible to get one in now that the other guys couldn't just put in themselves and say it was always there.

I am really looking forward to March, if RCTW doesn't delay again (I don't think they will Atari can't afford to keep this in the oven any longer), it will be an out and out head to head battle between PC early access and RCTW. Both have a lot of work to be done. PC needs to get the early access out that lives up to RCTW to get RCTW's initial sales (yeah if its not as good they can fairly play the early access card but they are going to want to storm out of the gates to give everyone no reason to buy RCTW). RCTW is going to want to beat PC's early access and by a lot, a lot of websites where a lot of customers are, are still trumping this game AAA, if it is close between the 2 then these websites are going to put PC and RCTW head to head and if they say RCTW is only slightly better than an early access game then its not going to look good. March is going to be an amazing month for us Theme Park fans.

One thing I will say that does make me very disappointed is Atari, the way they treat everyone is just awful they ruin careers.
    You can't be serious about RCTW, that they are going to create a brilliant game, can you? Because I can't. They are not in the same league as Frontier and PC. I don't think PC have any worries about RCTW when it releases, because PC have built up such a big fan base, over the past few months, and know that they are delivering what the fan base wants from this type of game. Anyone with any foresight already know they are going to wipe the floor over RCTW. This game, RCTW just looks so bland and uninviting, have you really seen anything that has a wow factor compared to what we have seen from PC. Sorry, but if you think RCTW whenever it gets released, will be better than PC, then you just keep trying to convince yourself that you could be right. Just look at the comments on the social media, if that doesn't convince you what people are going with, then you are living in a fantasy land.

As for the last part of your message, is it any wonder Frontier left Atari and made it good on their own. Frontier have nothing to worry about with PC, because RCTW is light years behind in many ways, when it comes to designing Theme Park Games. To be honest, I am more content with the old RCT3 that was made ten years ago, which LOOKS better than RCTW, I didn't say is better, but graphically LOOKS better.

In my view I feel if for Nvizzio because Atari has treated them like s...t and they don't deserve it.
    As for Frontier, it's payback time for them, with two fingers at Atari.
    Last edited by geoffersh; 01-29-2016 at 02:34 PM.

Junior Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffersh View Post
    You can't be serious about RCTW, that they are going to create a brilliant game, can you? Because I can't. They are not in the same league as Frontier and PC. I don't think PC have any worries about RCTW when it releases, because PC have built up such a big fan base, over the past few months, and know that they are delivering what the fan base wants from this type of game. Anyone with any foresight already know they are going to wipe the floor over RCTW. This game, RCTW just looks so bland and uninviting, have you really seen anything that has a wow factor compared to what we have seen from PC. Sorry, but if you think RCTW whenever it gets released, will be better than PC, then you just keep trying to convince yourself that you could be right. Just look at the comments on the social media, if that doesn't convince you what people are going with, then you are living in a fantasy land.

As for the last part of your message, is it any wonder Frontier left Atari and made it good on their own. Frontier have nothing to worry about with PC, because RCTW is light years behind in many ways, when it comes to designing Theme Park Games. To be honest, I am more content with the old RCT3 that was made ten years ago, which LOOKS better than RCTW, I didn't say is better, but graphically LOOKS better.

In my view I feel if for Nvizzio because Atari has treated them like s...t and they don't deserve it.
    As for Frontier, it's payback time for them, with two fingers at Atari.
    Not sure if you have read my posts before but you misunderstood this one I think. PC is no doubt going to wipe the floor with RCTW there is no doubt. However there are still a lot of unknowns about RCTW will it be able to stand up to PC early access, that's going to be awesome to see and that was my point we have 2 games coming out at the same time 1 early access one full release both trying to find their way into our hearts. I tried not to put my own opinion on the subject because personally I think it will be an early knockout for RCTW. Never the less it will still be exciting to see them go head to head, they both have a lot of work to be done. What I would really love is RCTW to say release date is like March 20th and PC come out and say early access opens March 20th. Full on head to head with only 1 winner and 1 loser, lucky for us we will always be a winner.

To the last part of your message, yeah there is no wonder Frontier left and good for them they are making it but can Nvizzio do that? No they just aren't big enough, its just terrible that due to Atari they could have their rep tarnished forever. I want the game to release but if it fails (which it probably will) I can see Nvizzio struggling to find work.

Passive Peep
    I agree with what you say in your last post PC will probably strike the knock out blow to RCTW but can you understand why PC is out in front at the moment, it's all to do with experience and not only that, Frontier are in constant communication with the members on their website. They keep the members up to date on a weekly basis, they even join in with some of the conversations.
    Where is this sort of communication on this forum, there is none, they leave everyone wondering what's going on. If they were on top of their game, like Frontier are, then they would be more than willing to show everyone how good the game is progressing, but just to leave everyone in the dark, is not the way to keep the community happy. Why is it that this community on here, are always left wondering,

Let's be honest, if you are running a business, the first thing you want is a happy customer relationship, not to sell you something, then think, oh well if the product isn't really what they want, we did our best, but at least we've got their money. That's what it seems like with Atari.

Frontiers customers are happy, because they know that they are not being left in the dark, wondering what's going on.We know the product is going to be good, because they keep showing us what they are doing, in their own video blogs. They talk with passion and enthusiasm in the video and tell you how they are creating things for the game. That's why I think Planet Coaster is worth putting my money on. Before Frontier announced this new game, I had ordered RCTW, but as time went on, and with the lack of interest from Atari about the game, I cancelled and put my money, where I know will get the best product and the best satisfaction.

Yes at the end of the day, we are the winners but this is a two horse race and if you want to reap the benefits, you have to back the horse, that you know has the best chance of winning.and the way I see it Frontier will pass the post first, whenever the release date for both games, because Atari with RCTW are just not listening to the people that matter,the customer.

There is no way after seeing the last screen shots, live stream blogs about RCTW are they going to get their game up to the standard for a March release, there are too many flaws in it and they have their last chance to get things right for the PAX this weekend, if they want to gain any respect. I feel sorry for the guys who were expecting a second Beta, because to be honest, I doubt whether there will be one now, because if there was and more faults and bugs were found, it would take all of the following week to gather all the information, and to get that put right, the game would have to be delayed again before final release, which could mean summer 2016.

Junior Enthusiast
    I am itching to find out what they are showing the people at pax right now, is it new content or the terrible stuff we've been seeing?

Passive Peep
    Quote Originally Posted by B3DDO3 View Post
    I am itching to find out what they are showing the people at pax right now, is it new content or the terrible stuff we've been seeing?
    It would serve them right if Frontier showed up at PAX and showed everyone what a real Theme Park game should look and run like, but Frontier are in the UK, so I doubt that they would go to the US.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456