Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello ? Next devblog ?

Quote Originally Posted by inspectorgadget View Post
    don't agree with that, if it's not ready it's not ready. just an update on the status of the game will suffice.
    We don't want an official release now, we just want to know what's inside this game. Don't you ?

Just to be fair, everyone only went back to work this week after the Christmas break. I'm eager for some news too but you got to give them time to get back to the job and pick up where they left off. I'm hoping we'll get something by tomorrow since it's Friday, even if its just a "Hello, we're back, here's what we're doing..."

Quote Originally Posted by frederic.maton View Post

SO I THINK THAT IF EVERYONE IN THIS FORUM MAKE A POST WITH THE QUOTE "I WANT A BETA NOW WHITH ALL WHAT YOU HAVE NOW." Maybe we'll see something.
    do u really think this would do any good???the only thing it will do is flood the forums and lose post that are still important and be more of an annoyance than good,and it still wont make atari change how they run things,its been like this ever since this forum was made with info given when they want to give it,i doubt anything will change now,we just gotta deal and be patient no matter how hard it is to us

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorPelusa View Post
    It's like you bought a new car, and you'll know it will have seats, it'll have an engine, trunk, some nice wheels, and a brand new matrix LED lights; then, when you ask what would be the engine, and if the interiors are available in leather the seller comes and says: "We are not ready to tell you yet if it'll have an engine, but this car will be awesome! You'll see!"
    Seller: We had a problem with those matrix lights, the feedback was bad, it seemed like you couldn't see properly the roadside, so we've delayed the handling of your car to improve them.
    Buyer: Oh It's ok, it's great you take some more time to improve that lights, meanwhile... Can i take test ride, and see how's the car performing in other aspects?
    Seller: Ehmm, no, but don't worry, it'll be an AAA car, seriosly, we're working very hard on making the best car ever!
    Buyer: Ok then...
    [3 Months Later...]
    Buyer: Can you tell me at least what engine have you mounted inside it?
    Seller: No, we're not ready to tell you what the engine is yet.
    Buyer: But you were supposed to give it to me 3 months ago...
    Seller: You are in awe, with those changes we've introduced on the matrix light, so i'm not answering questions, but hey!, don't worry, we're making the best car ever! didn't i tell you?

This entire thread is pretty unnecessary and does a good job in my opinion in making the actual, constructive feedback even harder to find if you ask me.

Also, it's nice to see you guys are having fun with the creative metaphors to depict your negative opinion of the game's progress, but it's getting old imo - the same applies, useful feedback is starting to get lost between all the circlejerk.

It's a lot like IOA's 2016 projects:

We know there's going to be a new Kong ride, but all we can see so far is a rock facade.
    We know that Hulk is getting some heavy refurbishment, but no specifics.
    We know that Universal just bought a chunk of land down the road, but no idea what they're going to put on it.

It is no indication of the quality of any of these projects.
    It just means they're not ready to announce it all yet.

Volunteer
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvarret View Post
    This entire thread is pretty unnecessary and does a good job in my opinion in making the actual, constructive feedback even harder to find if you ask me.

Also, it's nice to see you guys are having fun with the creative metaphors to depict your negative opinion of the game's progress, but it's getting old imo - the same applies, useful feedback is starting to get lost between all the circlejerk.
    Thank you. This is so true. We will get information when we get information. They delayed this game because we weren't happy about the way it was. Relax everyone, I am almost sure that we will end up happy with this game in due time.

Matt said we would get information in the new year. I am sure we will see something soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Silvarret View Post

IMO useful feedback is mostly on ideas & request forum, a forum none dares to comment on, anyways, althought Matlab is seen on the forums he rarely comments anything, nor any other dev is ever seen on this forum, feedback only seems to care Atari while in beta periods, and honestly i doubt anything written on this forum will ever be read by a dev...
    I've already got tired of all this positivism without a reason, i'll go back to postivism when i actually see something inviting me to be positive...
    Last edited by DoctorPelusa; 01-07-2016 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    It's a lot like IOA's 2016 projects:

We know there's going to be a new Kong ride, but all we can see so far is a rock facade.
    We know that Hulk is getting some heavy refurbishment, but no specifics.
    We know that Universal just bought a chunk of land down the road, but no idea what they're going to put on it.

It is no indication of the quality of any of these projects.
    It just means they're not ready to announce it all yet.
    Please read all, while long, I hope it enlightens some people on the situation at hand.

There is a huge difference between actual amusement parks and a game that people have spent $60 on. You know all that information about those things, but are missing the details, but here is the difference: You don't pre-order anything there without knowing what to expect. Because even if all of those things we know nothing about turn out to be good at all, you have the rest of the f***ing park to enjoy. Cedar Point announced a record breaking coaster and only gave us the layout. This ride could end up sucking, but you know what, if it does I still have the best Steel Coaster in the world to ride along with about 73 other rides, multiple shows, an outstanding view, and so much more. I don't know why so many people are supporting this game with so much force that they go and delete peoples posts, even if they violate no rules, but more on that later.

RCTW, or any game for that matter, is just one thing. If I pay $60 right now, I actually have no idea what I am paying for. We have seen the coaster editor, at least the building part of it and glimpses of other parts, but I digress. They say there is other stuff in the game but haven't shown us any of it. So as I said, I would be paying $60 for No Limits. I don't want No Limits, otherwise I would have bought it, so Atari, stop trying to sell me an existing game. Please start selling me on other features of this game before the other guys show me all the features I could possibly want and give them my money instead (I won't purchase either game until they are out, which I suggest to all of you. While PC looks good, who knows if it will last.) This game has potential, at least with the little bit that Steven was able to show us, and I hope Atari is able to fix it (which may take postponing release util late 2016, which I am all for).

Point is, at an amusement park, I am paying $60 for multiple attractions and I know what to expect. I can plan my entire trip. As of now with this game, that is in theory going to be released in a few months, I know that I can build B&M coasters and one Intamin Coaster, but even though they look like the actual rides the Dive coaster lacks in holding breaks for the essential "dive" (which has hopefully been implemented since beta). I also know I can test my rides, and see stats on them. But nothing else. So for $60, I really only know some of what this game is.

Below are notes for different groups of people, read those that apply to you.

Dear all of those standing up for Atari,
    All I can say is, why? Are you so blinded by your desire for a sequel to an outstanding series that you are missing all the facts in staring you right in the face? Is this like when you saw Star Wars the Phantom Menace and kept telling yourself how great it was, when deep down you knew it was awful, and things couldn't get any better? Luckily we saw that they can, thanks to J.J. Abrams and I think Atari, given the time, could do that with this game. But honestly, open your eyes and look at what you know about this game, and think if it is really looking as great as you say it is. Give Atari the honest feedback it needs, not the lies just so that you can get a unfinished, rough and very limited game sooner.

Dear Those not excited about this game,
    Why? Just because we have not seen much about this game, don't go condemning it to h*ll. Sure it looks bad, but there is still hope. Give Atari feedback it can use to make this game better. Even if they delay it even more, at least there will be a great game waiting for us.

And lastly, Dear Mods,
    I dare you to delete this. Go ahead, try and continue hiding potential customers from the truth that we still only know about 20% of what will be in this game. As far as I am aware, and please do tell me if I am wrong, I am not breaking any forum rules by posting this as far as I have been able to find. If other readers think I am wrong, let them read it for themselves and decide and let the people criticize me. You have deleted almost every comment I have made recently due to the fact I have given factual statements about this game, that I am really hoping is able to become great, although I am slightly skeptical.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast