Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Evolution of the community goes backwards !!

We also MUST REMEMBER the bigger audience, not just the highly skilled.

Quote Originally Posted by RCTW1 View Post
    Yes, that's why amongst other subjects ease of use is very important. Some want advanced coaster building and I agree with that, but it should also be easy to use for the bigger audience.

Quote Originally Posted by RCTW1 View Post
    I think that's exactly the reason they choosed to implement piece-by-piece instead of improving the spline system. They're trying to get to a casual public, without paying too much attention to the details fans want (reverse stations, pass trough stations, change entrance and exit, more colors...)

I think the main reason behind the PbP UI was for straight sections and lifts. But they expanded upon it to tie the new spline system into the old PbP system that most fans have become familiar with, and it's something that new players can easily understand. Technically, they didn't drastically change anything with the spline system, which worked great in and by itself.

All-in-all, I think it was a good decision to include both.

Super Moderator
    Volunteer
    Was the coaster editor perfect? No. Will the coaster editor ever be perfect? No. Was RCT3's builder easier? Maybe

Let's see here. Atari will not satisfy every single one of the forum members. There, that's a fact. This game isn't going to have a NoLimit's 2 coaster builder, nor will it have RCT1's coaster builder. It will have RCTW's; which will be a sort of hybrid of the two. And while I agree with Kombice, other forum members are right. The complaints don't come from people wanting to get rid of the spline builder, people just want the old, easy way of building cobra rolls or a perfect loop. Which is completely understandable. However it's not fair to say people want to go back to RCT1 building. I think people want an easier way to create their inversions or a straight lift hill and they're comparing it back to the old, simpler days. No one wants a limited game like RCT1.

We'll find out a lot more in the next beta, I presume.

Quote Originally Posted by coaster6 View Post
    Atari will not satisfy every single one of the forum members. There, that's a fact. This game isn't going to have a NoLimit's 2 coaster builder, nor will it have RCT1's coaster builder. It will have RCTW's; which will be a sort of hybrid of the two.
    Right-o! Now, if RCTW had removed the spline altogether, then yeah, that would've been a step backwards. But they didn't. They took something completely new and added some familiarity to it. I mean, did you see how fast Steven made that lift hill? That's a pretty big improvement since the Beta, right?

Indeed they managed to improve to coaster builder since the beta. Thats a big + for the game. Tbh i kinda liked the spline coaster builder in the beta and what the created now is 2 of the best worlds, what you guys said before.
    It's also given that they can't please everyone, they don't need to. I just realy hope we see some more in the next beta. Like Mattlab said about some standard CS. I think it is also time to see the actual peeps in the game. This game is in evolution but the only thing ( problem) is the communication to the community. Hope you guys agree with mee about that.

I don't think many people are against spline coasters - they're just better. It is possible that some people think they don't want splines because they had never used them before RCTW, and to be honest RCTW (at least in the beta) made the process of spline building way more frustrating and ineffective than it should be.

So I really don't believe the community has backtracked on this at all. I think most people wanted smoother coasters from day one, and one way or another that means using splines. The only people I have seen begging for piece by piece sections seemed to be either because it's a common sense addition, and/or because the spline system in the beta was pretty bad (compared to other similar systems that exist).

It's all a bit dumb really. We shouldn't be debating whther or not we lead Atari the wrong way - the only reason people start suggesting different ways is because what we get shown is badly put together. Atari are supposed to be the experts, I really don't see why they can't use their own expertise to look at what they build and figure out if it's obviously going to improved and a lot quicker to use if they build in some pre-formed pieces. I just don't get why they needed a beta to make the obvious... obvious!

The cynical part of me suspects they did always know the coaster editor needed a lot more work, but they had promised a beta and had to deliver one - even if last minute, and even if it was obvious what needed addressing.

Even if you consider the community to be hypocritical, we got the best possible result: both! If they continue to improve both the spline system and the piece by piece system, then RCTW can end up having the best overall coaster editor out there. They have a lot of work to do, but it is certainly possible.

I don't think the spline system was that big of an issue, but instead the controls were wonky, and needed adjustments and fine tuning in the programming end. Better Userbility is the Key. Even with placing other items.
    Last edited by RCTW1; 01-23-2016 at 06:22 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast