Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Evolution of the community goes backwards !!

Arrow Evolution of the community goes backwards !!

Hey, did anyone notice something: At first, everybody wanted Spline based building. Then Atari put effort in making this. Then you said: nah, we don't need Spline based building cause it's not accurate. WE WANT PBP. (Which nobody wanted before).

What do we learn: Atari can't make a game for everybody if everybody want's completely different things. And even if they do what we want, people change their thoughts and wishes. I know they made a mix of both systems. But we should clearly decide ONE feature ( not especially talking about the Coaster Builder ) and let Atari make them perfect with posting the perfect ideas.

~Kombiice~

#RageStarts

Thought the same already tbh. Sometimes I feel like we ask too much of simple\small things that don't come with anything special in the game. Sometimes few ideas sound so "silly" and awhile other "Good" ideas are left behind tbh just one thing: How everyone that praise that wants that "REALITY" in this game so hard, can compare it to PC that looks so... "cartoonish"

Haha true. Some people even say it's too realistic now. What do they want then ?!?!

The problem was not the lack of piece by piece, but the spline based system Atari built was unusable due to it's clunckyness and it's lack of precision...

If the spline system Atari showed was easy to use, and wouldn't required you to spend 10 minutes to figure out how to make a simple looping the reactions wouldn't have been so "radical".

Truthfully I didn't read many people saying that we didn't need the spline-based building at all.

I DID read many people saying that spline-based building was difficult FOR CERTAIN THINGS, and asked for piece-by-piece FOR CERTAIN THINGS. That's different.

There will never be 100% agreement on ANY feature. But there are a number of things that to a large degree a majority of people seem to want. Once Atari makes any one of them 'perfect' then most people likely will be satisfied. For now there's not many things that have reached that 'perfect' state, so comments will continue.

Yeah thats true. But now the hype is more for PbP. Dont jear much about people wanting Spline based but the old system.

I'm used to spline based coasters and piece-by-piece so wasn't bothered.
    However, not being to good with 3D design software wanted piece-by-piece
    to construct buildings and that has never been truly answered.

Newcomer
    The coaster editor was extremely annoying to use - was not fun at all. So naturally we demanded for the 'simple' piece by piece version, as Atari are incompetent with getting things perfect, surely they can't get it wrong?

A lot of people asked for a Non grid spline based system, and in these modern times it's the best way to go.
    But if the spline based system is just way to chunky to use, people want to go back to the old style of building a rollercoaster.

That's more of a development issue, then a community reason.
    Look at Nolimits Coaster 2 .. That's just pure spline based for you right there ...
    It has track segments that you can save, load and share.
    It works just SUPERB.
    All the features are implemented that a next gen modern rollercoaster building and simulator should have, created by only ( max 3 people ).
    I followed up the development and that was pure gold.
    They even have flatrides and flatride building tools ...

If people ask for something, and they get a bad version of their wish, well...
    Logically they would want to go back to the roots, for the sake of the game.
    But i see no one complaining about the perfectly heartlined rollercoasters coming for NL 2 ...
    Because it was developed correctly.

On the other hand, i know some of us really ask a lot of things, but getting the core features wrong is just simply dissapointing.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorPelusa View Post
    The problem was not the lack of piece by piece, but the spline based system Atari built was unusable due to it's clunckyness and it's lack of precision...

If the spline system Atari showed was easy to use, and wouldn't required you to spend 10 minutes to figure out how to make a simple looping the reactions wouldn't have been so "radical".
    ^ This is how I think about it too.
    To me there is no backwards evolution, but there was a spline-based coaster builder that was difficult to use when creating special coaster tracks such as perfect loopings and cobra rolls. That was a problem Atari could fix with piece-by-piece building added to the spline-based system. And they did just that. I hope to see how this improves the coaster builder when the next beta is held.
    Last edited by JoŽlNL; 01-04-2016 at 07:14 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast