Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Honestly please!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    That's true. It just goes to show how bad Atari marketing is when people have to wait so long for a tiny little bit of content that they react so much when it finally slips out the back door! That other game has released as many images as this 'leak' twice last week alone! People over there aren't making a fuss as they're used to that sort of communication - not to mention interaction.

I agree with you, the fact this caused such a buzz is evidence enough that Atari need to look at what their competitors are doing and improve their own efforts.
    I agree. This is what worries me most about Atari. Not as much in what is in RCTW or not ready yet.
    Last edited by RCTW1; 12-15-2015 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RCTW1 View Post
    I agree. This is what worries me most about Atari. Not as much in what is in RCTW or not ready yet.
    And to be frank, from day one, it is the Atari attitude that has made me skeptical of this game. Well done Nvizzio - seriously good job in the time they have had. But Atari just seem better at 1995 style marketing speak than they are at actually understanding the quality demands of a modern audience.

I do agree that atari seem to be locked in a more traditional marketing ideal, where you basically throw out a little bite every once in a blue moon and then big BOOM reveal right at the end

Times have indeed changed and people get to play games way before they are even at beta level and so they see every step of progress and this rubs off on those games that still use a traditional progression
    Traditional however doesnt work so well when you put in pre-orders and beta access, if you allow pre-order then ppl think they already own something and so should get to see it. As soon as a game allows sales they should provide a steady trickle of images, videos and blogs to make those ppl that have handed over cash feel like the money is not just floating in limbo but it helping to pay the way from blog to blog.

Quote Originally Posted by shirty View Post
    I do agree that atari seem to be locked in a more traditional marketing ideal, where you basically throw out a little bite every once in a blue moon and then big BOOM reveal right at the end

Times have indeed changed and people get to play games way before they are even at beta level and so they see every step of progress and this rubs off on those games that still use a traditional progression
    Traditional however doesnt work so well when you put in pre-orders and beta access, if you allow pre-order then ppl think they already own something and so should get to see it. As soon as a game allows sales they should provide a steady trickle of images, videos and blogs to make those ppl that have handed over cash feel like the money is not just floating in limbo but it helping to pay the way from blog to blog.
    Well that's basically the source of the frustration I think.

Atari have pitched this and described this as a high price tag premium game. An old skool approach but valid enough - it's their choice.

But at the same time they also want to get away with low price tag, early access tricks like casually deciding certain core parts of the game will be released later on. And when interviewed they won't even give a time frame, but don't worry, it's 'in the plan'...

One or the other! It just feels as though Atari get the benefit of premium pricing but with early access levels of commitment, and us, the consumer, get the high price and no commitment to delivery at all. It's a great way to do business if you can make it work!! But morally, it's pretty much the only thing about this game that can go so low it goes underground.

Not true! I managed to get a coaster to go underground too.
    Took some messing around but it was possible to have tracks underground

Tell us more!!! How? Did it actually go under the ground, with undisturbed ground above it?

Junior Enthusiast
    Interest sparked, please tell please tell

there was actually 2 ways that i found, bare in mind they are both loophole exploits that I reported and may well be fixed for next public build

The collision detection was pretty much disabled when you moved a ride (would hit scenery but not park boundary or terrain), if you dug a pit and made the track go down into the pit then moved the whole ride to area without the pit it would allow you to place it and the track would go underground without any problems, screenshot here shows a track go in and out of ground on a test completed track.
    2015-11-02_00011.jpg
    edit. also hope they fix those ridiculous station legs, pretty sure health and safelty would say something about the positioning on them only being 1/2 under the station, deffo a rush job there, even the normals were backwards on them

If you build a track and then removed a node the track would conform to the nodes that remain, if that means it now passes through the ground then no error is detected. These pics show a train entering and then on the back side having just passed through the hill, test completed. Granted you cant do much with the track that is underground but still, it is underground
    2015-11-01_00011.jpg2015-11-01_00012.jpg

edit.
    version 3 a variation on 1. build a ride with station elevated and then have track go below that elevation, then simply move the station down to ground level, the lowest part is now below ground. This method you can build entire coaster (excluding station) underground without even disturbing the terrain
    Last edited by shirty; 12-16-2015 at 12:50 AM.

there was actually 2 ways that i found, bare in mind they are both loophole exploits that I reported and may well be fixed for next public build

The collision detection was pretty much disabled when you moved a ride (would hit scenery but not park boundary or terrain), if you dug a pit and made the track go down into the pit then moved the whole ride to area without the pit it would allow you to place it and the track would go underground without any problems, screenshot here shows a track go in and out of ground on a test completed track.
    2015-11-02_00011.jpg
    edit. also hope they fix those ridiculous station legs, pretty sure health and safelty would say something about the positioning on them only being 1/2 under the station, deffo a rush job there, even the normals were backwards on them

If you build a track and then removed a node the track would conform to the nodes that remain, if that means it now passes through the ground then no error is detected. These pics show a train entering and then on the back side having just passed through the hill, test completed. Granted you cant do much with the track that is underground but still, it is underground
    2015-11-01_00011.jpg2015-11-01_00012.jpg

edit.
    version 3 a variation on 1. build a ride with station elevated and then have track go below that elevation, then simply move the station down to ground level, the lowest part is now below ground. This method you can build entire coaster (excluding station) underground without even disturbing the terrain
    Fair play - you technically managed it lol.

I'm not sure if it really qualifies as a feature though lol

The node trick could potentially be used to force a track to pass through a CS tunnel I suppose. You said when moving the ride it still conflicted with scenery items, but did you find out it the node trick worked with making the track pass through scenery items?

no i didn't check that, i suspect it would have done it though.
    I dunno maybe the train would have crashed if it hit scenery objects but pretty sure the track would have placed

as you said you could manipulate it to go through a cs model consisting of a tunnel, if it doesn't crash then there you have it, tunnels, might not be a feature but you could make it into one, providing it hasn't been fixed lol
    Last edited by shirty; 12-16-2015 at 01:50 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123