Thread: Suspended Looping Coaster by Vekoma

Suspended Looping Coaster by Vekoma

What is a SLC?
    With smoothness, do you mean the intensity of the 'vibration of the train' on the coaster track?

Quote Originally Posted by JoŽlNL View Post
    What is a SLC?
    With smoothness, do you mean the intensity of the 'vibration of the train' on the coaster track?
    SLC= Suspended Looping Coaster by Vekoma. Search it up. Its one of the worst roughest coasters.

Quote Originally Posted by Airboss View Post
    SLC= Suspended Looping Coaster by Vekoma. Search it up. Its one of the worst roughest coasters.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Airboss View Post
    They seriously are. There's one in my home park Elitch Gardens in Denver and I never ride it because it gives me such a headache (funnily enough it's called 'Mind Eraser'). Last time I rode it, my friend's earring nearly got ripped out from her head banging against the restraints. It was pretty gross, lol.

The good ol' SLC. Or as SixFlag's calls it "Batman™ the Ride!" This SLC appears in almost every SixFlags park. With the RCTW + SixFlags team up; there's a good chance well get something similar to this Vekoma classic, brain rattles and all.

I think you're confusing two different coasters. :P

"Batman: The Ride" is in pretty much every SF park like you said, but this particular coaster is actually really fun and generally smooth since it's built by B&M:

The SLCs built by Vekoma, on the other hand, are awful and need to be melted down into scrap metal so that maybe B&M can't build something decent from it:

Quote Originally Posted by darkhorizon View Post
    I think you're confusing two different coasters. :P

"Batman: The Ride" is in pretty much every SF park like you said, but this particular coaster is actually really fun and generally smooth since it's built by B&M:

The SLCs built by Vekoma, on the other hand, are awful and need to be melted down into scrap metal so that maybe B&M can't build something decent from it:

still an SLC. Only one's good and one's a cookie cutter ride with terrible brain rattle action.

UPDATE: Just checked. You're right of course. B&M tracked all of the "Batmans" with the exception of Six Flag's Mexico which did use a Vekoma track only rebranded. I would be shocked if an SLC of some variety isn't included in RCTW.

My closest hometown park (3 hours away ) has a great POS SLC. It was my very first introduction to suspended coasters. I both enjoyed and hated the experience equally (...that's what she said)

Hangman, now Twisted Typhoon at Wild Adventures in Valdosta, GA. No offense to the current owners but slapping a little paint on it doesn't do much to dampen the brain rattle and bruises. LOL.
    Last edited by magicart87; 12-10-2015 at 07:57 PM.