Page 4 of 182 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: RollerCoasterTycoonWorld VS PlanetCoaster

Park Patron
    Some of the big variety of rides. Interesting.

So they create a hill, punch through the side of it and then carry right on building underground!?

Just... wow.

Untitled.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    So they create a hill, punch through the side of it and then carry right on building underground!?

Just... wow.

Untitled.jpg
    haha i just wanted to upload the same scene XD
    Intel i5-3470 3.2-3.6 GHz | 2GB Gigabyte GV-R7870C | 8GB DDR3

Park Patron
    By the way, guys, has given me the feeling that the rails of the coaster in Planet Coaster are much more realistic than in RCTW, am I wrong?

Honestly, I expected that kind of rails in RCTW.

Last edited by Joe Android; 12-11-2015 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Android View Post
    By the way, guys, has given me the feeling that the rails of the coaster in Planet Coaster are much more realistic than in RCTW, am I wrong?

Honestly, I expected that kind of rails in RCTW.
    Planet Coaster has this cartoony touch with fotorealistic objects. I love this mixture!!

There is so much information in that video! It was like 7 minutes long and just packed with info, in game stuff, coasters!!!

So here is what I have learnt about PC from this:

1)lighting effects during daytime - really strong too.

2)you carve INTO the landscape. Not just move it up and down. You can tunnel through and as a result build inside 'natural' caves etc. And then I suppose, also build on top. This single feature will save so much time.

2)coaster editor is amazing. You steer each piece into the correct shape. It's like splines, it's as flexible as splines, but the level of precision is just beyond what I ever imagined. The coasters in the vids are a bit wacky but in one part they showed someone threading a coaster delicately past stuff and through a cave, literally minute adjustments to pitch/roll. It looks like you can build it from the perspective of being sat on the track too - which would make it easy to see how rough or smooth you layout really is.

3)multiple overlapping grids relating to stuff you want to build - so you get the ease of snap to grid building, but the freedom to build at any angle. Basically, each thing you build can be fully free form or you can place a grid, align the grid to the angle you want, and then build within it.

4)vertical building - was pretty obvious as it's quite an old feature in the genre, but at least it is now confirmed. You can build vertically. With anything, in fact.

Trust me there's loads more You guys WILL NOT believe this when you see it!!!!

Park Patron
    Quote Originally Posted by Manucoffee View Post
    Planet Coaster has this cartoony touch with fotorealistic objects. I love this mixture!!
    True!

At least the rails seems realistic, they are wide and have a very good design.

Nice that the coaster head video is 2 mins longer

Oh god...

Custom build coaster stations with turnstiles etc, which you can modify etc... With what look to be a realistic control booth AND separate ticket/photo booth area built into another part of the same building...

That's gonna win some fans!

Park Patron
    I prefer this type of Dev Blogs, give much more information than a blog every two weeks or three weeks...

The Atari blog of yesterday was a disappointment, I mean the image, they showed an attraction that we already know...

Page 4 of 182 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast