Page 3 of 182 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: RollerCoasterTycoonWorld VS PlanetCoaster

Park Patron
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Seems like a missed opportunity to stake your claim that RCTW is going to be the best game! It selling for 150% of PC, you must believe it's superior!?

As for the general 'vs' debate. My view is that it's undeniable that we haven't seen 'in game' PC just yet. So it's difficult to compare. But you can judge a lot about the people behind a game from whatever they show. Frontier seem to be almost pathological in their desire to research and debate and discuss and dissect every tiny part of their game. I think that's the right approach. You can't expect to equal RCT3's ten year+ stint unless you get it pretty much perfect at launch.

On the other hand, Atari seems more inclined to focus on the obvious, headline features and then falls at each hurdle when they show content and it becomes obvious they have glossed over the less interesting, but equally important parts of the game.

So to me, I feel that it basically comes down to transparent, honest hard work and passion on Frontiers side, VS a broadly average effort on Atari's side, dressed up with a lot of fancy words, marketing talk and PR work.

To be fair either approach could equal good sales at launch. But I think the more genuine approach is required to maintain value in the franchise long term. Not to mention maintains value in the production company! I think people will kinda notice if Atari rip the soul out of this franchise as they did with Alone In The Dark, another former seminal game franchise that deserved so much better treatment!
    The problem of RCTW is that lacks of many features, and important features. There are still many things that we have not seen RCTW, as the waterfalls.

I'm afraid that Frontier not only will release a good game, will offer a big variety of features such as a big variety of attractions, this last thing was confirmed.

And I believe that Frontier is gaining confidence with the people thanks to the economic price of PC and the things that they are showing.

Bildschirmfoto 2015-12-11 um 18.01.29.jpg

Just a Screenshot of the DEV Diaryvideo, which we don't see here at RCTW Forums!

Screenshot is in HD ofcourse! But uploading images reduce the quality
    Last edited by Palaber1984; 12-11-2015 at 01:08 PM.
    Intel i5-3470 3.2-3.6 GHz | 2GB Gigabyte GV-R7870C | 8GB DDR3

Quote Originally Posted by Palaber1984 View Post

Just a Screenshot of the DEV Diaryvideo, which we don't see here at RCTW Forums!

Going to watch the video right now - nice to see we get the 'extended version'

Bildschirmfoto 2015-12-11 um 18.12.24.jpg

Just create cave and put some stones around. Its amazing what i am seeing now. Bye Bye RCTW, this landscape builder is more powerful that RCTW could be!

Park Patron
    Quote Originally Posted by Palaber1984 View Post

I just saw the Dev Diary and I have to say that I'm REALLY impressed. Atari must work hard to overcome this game.

I don't want to be banned, please, I only say my opinion, who don't believe me, go to watch the new Dev Diary, please.

Hmmm... Modular building piece by piece within a freely placed grid? I'm sure I suggested something like this on here about 10,000,000 times...

Untitled.jpg

PLEASE get this system in RCTW!!!!

Also... Watching them use this stuff IN GAME!!! Playing with coasters... It's good to finally see!

Just saw Building coaster into a cave, puh

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Also... Watching them use this stuff IN GAME!!! Playing with coasters... It's good to finally see!
    How amazing it would look when the alpha starts? now its incredible!

How about this - an entirely modular building with functional elements built directly into it. That's right, you can build stalls and stuff straight into your building.

So I guess you could create a working realistic food court, for example.

I also see many of the pieces are animated in interesting ways. I can see this leading onto sit down restaurants, hotels, pretty much anything. One of the designers just said that it really is ANYTHING you want to build.

Untitled.jpg

Page 3 of 182 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast