Page 2 of 182 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: RollerCoasterTycoonWorld VS PlanetCoaster

I hope they both are awesome. Rather have an over abundance of great theme park games, then the current drought we have had for years.

Personally , I'll likely lean to the one which allows me more freedom to customize things as I like to be able to put my own personal touches on the park. Other things such as if I can manipulate how many ice cubes go into a soda, mean little to nothing to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Android View Post
    I don't care pay a high price for PC, looks like it will be a good game, then where is the problem?

Atari is selling the Deluxe version for 60$, that's not too much money, too?
    The problem is if Frontier goes the way of ED then you will be asked to repay full price again every year for the next years worth of updates. within a year I will have spent nearly 100 on ED to keep uptodate and thatll go up again every year. not to mention that the game was launched lacking many basic features and riddled with MANY game breaking bugs.
    Basically I hope it doesnt go the same way launching with a load of missing features just so they can slowly dripfeed them for more and more money, thats my concern.
    I expect the game will be good either way when its finished but when will it be finished and how much money will it cost to play it up to that point.

EDIT. personally i do think the deluxe version is priced high considering what few extras you get
    Last edited by shirty; 12-09-2015 at 03:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shirty View Post
    The problem is if Frontier goes the way of ED then you will be asked to repay full price again every year for the next years worth of updates. within a year I will have spent nearly 100 on ED to keep uptodate and thatll go up again every year. not to mention that the game was launched lacking many basic features and riddled with MANY game breaking bugs.
    Basically I hope it doesnt go the same way launching with a load of missing features just so they can slowly dripfeed them for more and more money, thats my concern.
    I expect the game will be good either way when its finished but when will it be finished and how much money will it cost to play it up to that point.

EDIT. personally i do think the deluxe version is priced high considering what few extras you get
    So what you're saying is: It would be like if Atari put dark rides, water rides, and tunnels into an expansion pack and charged another $60 for it?

Park Patron
    Quote Originally Posted by shirty View Post

60$ seems excessive for these extras, considering that RCTW lacks of many features.

These extras really are so wonderful to cost 30$ more? So what Atari are waiting for show those ''wonderful extras''? That's another thing, they are selling the Deluxe edition without showing to the fans those extras.

Honestly I think it is unacceptable to sell a game like ''AAA'' at a high price and lacks of many features of its predecessors. In addition, Frontier is selling a cheaper game, for now, and I'm quite sure the game will have more features than RCTW, at least at launch.

RCTW is a good game, but not worth the price of the Deluxe Edition, it is my humble opinion.

The coaster creator is going to be one of the major differences. Based on the videos I've seen of PC, it's become abundantly clear that they will be using the same basic mechanics used in RCT 1-2-3. Generic pieces with little customization (no Pretzel knots.) So you will not be able to recreate modern rides like Full Throttle (massive loops), Twisted Colossus, etc.; not saying RCT W has a hybrid wood/steel coaster, just that their combo spine and piece-by-piece builder will allow you to recreate those new (unique) elements. Google "the joker ride-" something like that will only be possible in RCT W.

Passive Peep
    Quote Originally Posted by MilkMan View Post
    The coaster creator is going to be one of the major differences. Based on the videos I've seen of PC, it's become abundantly clear that they will be using the same basic mechanics used in RCT 1-2-3. Generic pieces with little customization (no Pretzel knots.) So you will not be able to recreate modern rides like Full Throttle (massive loops), Twisted Colossus, etc.; not saying RCT W has a hybrid wood/steel coaster, just that their combo spine and piece-by-piece builder will allow you to recreate those new (unique) elements. Google "the joker ride-" something like that will only be possible in RCT W.
    How can you even say that. Have you seen coaster videos for PC yet?

Quote Originally Posted by MilkMan View Post
    Based on what videos? They haven't shown enough for anything to be "abundantly clear," let alone the coaster editor. You should play some of Frontier's other theme park sims. Coaster Crazy has a unique approach to coaster construction that is both straightforward yet flexible. I expect the coaster construction in PC to be similar in those regards.

Park Patron
    Quote Originally Posted by darkhorizon View Post
    Based on what videos? They haven't shown enough for anything to be "abundantly clear," let alone the coaster editor. You should play some of Frontier's other theme park sims. Coaster Crazy has a unique approach to coaster construction that is both straightforward yet flexible. I expect the coaster construction in PC to be similar in those regards.
    Coaster Crazy and Screamride.

Just going to move this to the Community Chat since its not "primarily" rctw but rather a comparison between two games. That said the conversation is of course very interesting and can continue.
    Executive Producer - Atari
    Team RollerCoaster Tycoon World

Quote Originally Posted by Mattlab View Post
    Just going to move this to the Community Chat since its not "primarily" rctw but rather a comparison between two games. That said the conversation is of course very interesting and can continue.
    Seems like a missed opportunity to stake your claim that RCTW is going to be the best game! It selling for 150% of PC, you must believe it's superior!?

As for the general 'vs' debate. My view is that it's undeniable that we haven't seen 'in game' PC just yet. So it's difficult to compare. But you can judge a lot about the people behind a game from whatever they show. Frontier seem to be almost pathological in their desire to research and debate and discuss and dissect every tiny part of their game. I think that's the right approach. You can't expect to equal RCT3's ten year+ stint unless you get it pretty much perfect at launch.

On the other hand, Atari seems more inclined to focus on the obvious, headline features and then falls at each hurdle when they show content and it becomes obvious they have glossed over the less interesting, but equally important parts of the game.

So to me, I feel that it basically comes down to transparent, honest hard work and passion on Frontiers side, VS a broadly average effort on Atari's side, dressed up with a lot of fancy words, marketing talk and PR work.

To be fair either approach could equal good sales at launch. But I think the more genuine approach is required to maintain value in the franchise long term. Not to mention maintains value in the production company! I think people will kinda notice if Atari rip the soul out of this franchise as they did with Alone In The Dark, another former seminal game franchise that deserved so much better treatment!

Page 2 of 182 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast