Page 172 of 182 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 1817

Thread: RollerCoasterTycoonWorld VS PlanetCoaster

Quote Originally Posted by deathtome View Post
    Yes that's why I said Custom ugc. Using premade assets that come with the game is not custom, those are what are known as standard assets. RCTW offers the player to make and import their own assets into the game. This opens a lot more options when it comes to building your dream parks.
    Agreed. Custom UGC is a big plus for me too, the things you can do with it goes a long way into making exactly what you want (from a creative, sandbox gameplay perspective). Games in PC go very well with modding after all, and that is one of the biggest boons for the platform at hand.

First though, you have to create a good game. Thus, players are going to have fun with it, and modders will have the playerbase support needed to stay productive and produce things that players would like to incorporate in the game.

I don't see this happening with this project..sadly.

Newcomer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dante80 View Post
    First though, you have to create a good game. Thus, players are going to have fun with it, and modders will have the playerbase support needed to stay productive and produce things that players would like to incorporate in the game.
    Exactly, and we can see what the good game is by looking at steam reviews, steam sales, youtube likes, and the majority of people's opinions, not that one voice calling out. I like this post Mr. Dante

See the way I see it, Nvizzio have a game back log of literally nothing, and Atari only PUBLISH the game, and Chris Sawyer, creator of RCT had a close relationship with members on the Frontier development team. So I would rather trust people to make my beloved game who have worked on RCT2 and RCT3, who are coaster enthusiasts and theme park lovers, rather than a studio who can't get a ride animation correct and just rename it to "The Twirling Tower" <--- that's lazy development.
    Last edited by Aaronroberts; 11-16-2016 at 10:53 AM.

Development time was completely coincidental as both projects were definitely already started before they were even announced. As far as release date goes, PC announced their release date first and RCTW announced there's to be a day before a short time after. So if anything, Atari is trying to "smite" Frontier.

Now THAT's how you do it! Waiting on RCTW's full release trailer...
    Last edited by inspectorgadget; 11-16-2016 at 11:28 AM.

So it seems that RCTW now has FX emitters like flamethrowers, bubble generators, etc. Who's copying who?

Passive Peep
    Quote Originally Posted by deadwoods View Post
    So it seems that RCTW now has FX emitters like flamethrowers, bubble generators, etc. Who's copying who?
    Think RCTW ran out of ideas a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by deathtome View Post
    I don't know honestly I would have to play those games. As it stands I support the game as I really don't care who makes what. What I don't like is when games devs copy other games so closely. I also don't like how Frontier wanted to publish its own games yet it just makes a copy of RCT games. If you want to go off and do your own thing then do something new and original. Nothing wrong with going out and taking a risk on something new. Well unless you know you can't make something new and original and decide to take the easy route and just make a copy of another game. I also don't like how frontier made and are released PC at the same time as RCTW. I'm sure they did this just to smite Atari.
    By that logic half the games in existence would never have been made dude. ROLLERCOASTER TYCOON would not have been made... because Theme Park did it first!

It's called GENRE... the GENRE of the game involves coaster construction, flat ride construction, guest dynamics, guest management, park staff management, financial management etc.

The shooter genre, the platformer genre, the RPG genre, the city sim genre... all games have similarities in their base mechanics and then differ in their execution and focus on features. Planet Coaster has a lot of differences and 'new' things compared to RCTW... e.g. dynamic guests, e.g. triggered events, e.g customize-able ride sequences.

I don't want to get into a discussion about it because it's so painfully obvious, but I had to say it.

Newcomer
    Don't forget voxel terrain, that's definitely new. Also fast pass lines, underground dark rides and transport rides that actually work as transportation. What has RCTW done that's new for the genre?

Exactly... it's even more basic than RCT3.

And the game is live. Grab it if you have it.

It’s here! Planet Coaster has officially launched!

Today, on November 17, 2016, Planet Coaster is officially released! Adding to the beta update earlier this week, the released game comes with all 12 Scenarios and more general balancing and fixes, as well as Steam Achievements and Trading Cards.

We’ve hit so many milestones over the past months, and it’s been a long way from concept to finish, so let’s quickly recap some of the highlights:

At the heart of the game are the park guests. Everything you do, whether it’s management or creativity-based, now has an impact on each individual crowd member. Each of them have their own simulated preferences and needs to ultimately affect gameplay, and new, advanced crowd simulation and path-finding algorithms help with the logistics of guest flow around your park.

Authenticity is key – a huge amount of research and development went into all aspects of the game, something especially noticeable in coasters. For example, the system which automatically designs the correct support structures for wooden and hybrid coaster had to be built with a new rendering pipeline, with so many pieces being on screen at once.

In fact the attention to detail and development effort that goes into each ride, coaster, guest and scenery piece from a technical, visual and audio point of view is an order of magnitude more than any previous coaster park game we’ve worked on.

Piece-by-piece construction gives you the opportunity to build anything and everything you’ve ever dreamed of. Change your parks by theming your areas, create buildings in every style, or add (animated) scenery and customised audio to entertain your guests and up your park and scenery ratings. The unprecedented control and customisation means that you can truly get super creative or be more focused on sophisticated finance and management; whatever suits you as an individual player.

The technology underpinning the game is both advanced and highly useable. The 3D voxel landscape gives terrain that’s completely in your control, the lighting engine ensures that everything you create in your park instantly becomes a seamless part of the whole dynamic lighting environment, and you can now create your own dark rides with full creative control of triggering ride events, lights and audio.

Every single aspect and element of Planet Coaster has been carefully selected and designed to work in conjunction with every other one as an integrated whole.

The tight integration with Steam Workshop has a front end that puts your friends to the fore. It enables creators to share and receive credit for their original designs, and also allows those of us who want to use these fantastic creations to download that content and enhance their parks with those existing blueprints.

It has been a fantastic experience for us at Frontier to have the opportunity to create a new game which we hope sets a new quality bar for a genre loved by so many people – no team could have been better suited to the task or more passionate. It’s taken a blend of the team’s expertise and experience, talent, and deep connection with the community; and for that we must thank you all.
    First and foremost, we want to thank the developers for their incredible hard work, passion, and dedication to the project. Everyone at Frontier has contributed to Planet Coaster in one way or another; a true team effort and shared love for the game from the start. Programmers, animators, producers, sound team, designers, artists, QA, publishing team, engine wizards, support team, video editors, and all you other experts: you’re awesome, well done. #FrontierFam

We also want to give a massive shoutout to our forum mods, content creators, and master builders. Thank you for keeping the community an overwhelmingly positive place, where everyone has a voice but no one feels unwelcome. Thank you for making videos or streaming the game, showing it off to your viewers, and spreading the word across your community. Thank you for challenging yourselves and creating the most intricate buildings, for using shapes and items in ways even the devs couldn’t have thought of, and for pushing your creativity to the limit.

Last but not least: thank you. Thanks to every single member of this amazing community for your ongoing support, invaluable feedback, and enthusiasm about Planet Coaster. In the end, this game is for you, the players. You have helped shape the game in so many ways, inspired the devs with your ideas and suggestions, and humbled us with your shared passion for the game. We are honoured to have a community like this one. So thank you for joining us on this crazy and ever-evolving rollercoaster ride!