Page 12 of 182 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 1817

Thread: RollerCoasterTycoonWorld VS PlanetCoaster

  1. #111
    Stall Supporter shirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,523
    I still stand up for RCTW because I have yet to see anything that says the game wont be worth playing.
    Yes it has its issues the biggest being the lack of communication but bad communication doesn't lead me to think that the game will be bad. So far any issues I have seen are on things that are not even finalised and even when they are final Atari have said they are going to continue improving the game so I see nothing to turn away from until its an issue that they want as a permanent feature

    As for PC I have yet to see anything that warrants me paying anything for it, it looks like they have put great effort into making some clever advancements on RCT3 but what use are they without UGC? I consider it worthless and personally I suspect that they will allow some UGC for things like scenarios and coaster layouts but I think the rest will be Frontier made assets. A catalog of DLC all sold separately and/or bundled in a PC store, which I might add would screw with your opinion that the base games price is fair, it'll be cheaper because its p2p. The day I am proven wrong on this is the day I see some value in PC, I do hope to be wrong I would love to have both. Until then I fail to see why people stand by PC, let allow pay them for stuff that has no worth.

    I expect someone will post on here as soon as the UGC is confirmed which would be great for me as I have given up on the PC forums, without paying frontier for the 'privilege' I have little clue as to what PC will contain. The public forum is empty and dead, that's bad marketing IMO, they should be showing these things to those of us who are unsure of if we want to buy into PC, not hiding it so only those that already are can see it. People say how often they show off new stuff, yeah? where? not on the public forum where those of us who are yet to be convinced by PC can get interested in it. Those of us without that access get a blog video every 2 months, that's bad communication IMO
    No way am I paying them for forum access to just find out in 6months time that they wont be allowing UGC as I want it. Its bad enough they are already charging people to design the guests for them, that's their job, I have never heard of charging for crowdsourcing before PC.
    I admit its a great money maker, but so are those letters from Africa saying I have won the lottery, someone in Africa is raking it in from gullible people. And so is someone in England.
    Last edited by shirty; 01-11-2016 at 11:50 PM.

  2. #112
    Speed Seeker Deuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    2,005
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    I agree. I'm far beyond caring about this game anymore. In fact, the only reason I still visit the RCTW forum is to start fights.
    This sounds like sarcasm...

    But perhaps also a degree of truth. Which actually, I appreciate.

  3. #113
    Speed Seeker Deuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    2,005
    Quote Originally Posted by shirty View Post
    I still stand up for RCTW because I have yet to see anything that says the game wont be worth playing.
    Yes it has its issues the biggest being the lack of communication but bad communication doesn't lead me to think that the game will be bad. So far any issues I have seen are on things that are not even finalised and even when they are final Atari have said they are going to continue improving the game so I see nothing to turn away from until its an issue that they want as a permanent feature

    As for PC I have yet to see anything that warrants me paying anything for it, it looks like they have put great effort into making some clever advancements on RCT3 but what use are they without UGC? I consider it worthless and personally I suspect that they will allow some UGC for things like scenarios and coaster layouts but I think the rest will be Frontier made assets. A catalog of DLC all sold separately and/or bundled in a PC store, which I might add would screw with your opinion that the base games price is fair, it'll be cheaper because its p2p. The day I am proven wrong on this is the day I see some value in PC, I do hope to be wrong I would love to have both. Until then I fail to see why people stand by PC, let allow pay them for stuff that has no worth.

    I expect someone will post on here as soon as the UGC is confirmed which would be great for me as I have given up on the PC forums, without paying frontier for the 'privilege' I have little clue as to what PC will contain. The public forum is empty and dead, that's bad marketing IMO, they should be showing these things to those of us who are unsure of if we want to buy into PC, not hiding it so only those that already are can see it. People say how often they show off new stuff, yeah? where? not on the public forum where those of us who are yet to be convinced by PC can get interested in it. Those of us without that access get a blog video every 2 months, that's bad communication IMO
    No way am I paying them for forum access to just find out in 6months time that they wont be allowing UGC as I want it. Its bad enough they are already charging people to design the guests for them, that's their job, I have never heard of charging for crowdsourcing before PC.
    I admit its a great money maker, but so are those letters from Africa saying I have won the lottery, someone in Africa is raking it in from gullible people. And so is someone in England.
    This is for the most part fair, as it's simply your own preference for the type of game you wish to play. If you really care about UGC and see it as absolutely vital then of course, if PC does not have it, it's simply not an option for you.

    I too am concerned about the lack of confirmation on this from PC, and if it is finally revealed they don't have, it I will be pretty gutted about that! For me personally the game has already shown enough quality and passion for me to want it anyway... But it would certainly take the edge of knowing that I was going to be stuck with just official content.

    Frontiers pricing structures and policies also are a mess! There is no denying that. I think they have learned from ED to a degree, hence the lower entry price and long alpha/beta. And with the exception of UGC, pretty much everything I think makes up core features of this type of game is already 'in the game'. Unlike ED where I understand some stuff considered core was actually left out and then charged for.

    The above, combined with their bizarre and confusing way of selling the extras and different packages does make PC quite difficult to compare directly to RCTW in terms of cost. But then, RCTW seems quite overpriced given the apparently rushed and budget development of what we have seen so far. Most companies that wanted to charge £50 for a game would never dream of at any point trying to use a small development studio that had previously only made mobile and browser games. Sure, they have changed studios now (because they had to after the trailer). But I think it is fair to question their commitment to the game really being AAA £50 worth of product on the basis that they even tried to use such a budget developer.

    Anyway, PS is £20. RCTW is £50. No matter how dodgy Frontiers pricing policy may be revealed to be in the end, it's unlikely PC is going to cost more overall. Even if they do trick/tie a lot of people into buying extras post launch.

    Your point about lack of communication does bother me though. I know a lot of people are banging on about communication and saying it is bad marketing etc etc, but I actually fear that the lack of communication is due to the fact they don't want to reveal too much... As there may be a lot more to criticise. I fear they aren't actually confident in their own ability to make the game people have been led to expect.

    I say this because whilst you say nothing you have seen isn't capable of being fixed, the bottom line is that many parts of the game seen so far are basically not built in the right way to begin with - they're built in the cheapest, most basic way and will end up limiting creativity. As an example, the rides all have fixed entrances/exits. That's just lazy, and also a step backwards from previous games. It's just not right to expect that poor level of effort and ambition from a premium £50 game. Stuff like that makes me worry.
    Last edited by Deuce; 01-12-2016 at 08:32 AM.

  4. #114
    Stall Supporter shirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,523
    fair comment deuce but please edit you post as forums cant handle ED being written in its correct form, there is nothing smiley about ED its E if anything
    Only thing I fail to understand about your message is RCTW costs £50? the price difference gets brought up often but the deluxe version (which I agree costs more than it should considering what they state is extra) might have cost £50 at some point but its currently £45 on steam without being on sale and the base version price is £30, that closes the price difference up to just £10 and if my suspicions are right about PC the ultimate price tag on it is pretty much limitless.
    Theres already options to buy an ultimate PC (though a number of separate purchases) that costs in excess of £600 and contains a permanent graffiti stain in everyone park, ability to do some of frontiers work for them and make some guests and staff, access to the secret bunker on the forums and access to beta play + a T-shirt and that ultimate treasure a wristband??. All together you have spent a load of money on stuff that doesn't add anything to the game other than the occasional oooh theres my character that nobody else is interested in seeing.
    I really don't like that system at all but that is my opinion others may think its great they have spent money on producing content for the game, even though a lot of other players either wont even notice or won't want it to even exist.

  5. #115
    Moderator
    Volunteer
    ddrplaya4638's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,671
    Shirty, I agree with your post.

    One thing I have questioned about PC is if they have the name bricks and stuff with your names on it are all entrances going to be the same? Will the be different? Will RCTW have different entrances?

    I will be buying both but PC doesn't really appeal to me to spend more than the base game. Whereas I bought the Deluxe edition of RCTW for a few of the little extras.

    I really do hope both games succeed though solely for the fact that I want coaster games to continue going strongly.

  6. #116
    Park Patron
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    1,462
    Quote Originally Posted by ddrplaya4638 View Post
    Shirty, I agree with your post.

    One thing I have questioned about PC is if they have the name bricks and stuff with your names on it are all entrances going to be the same? Will the be different? Will RCTW have different entrances?

    I will be buying both but PC doesn't really appeal to me to spend more than the base game. Whereas I bought the Deluxe edition of RCTW for a few of the little extras.

    I really do hope both games succeed though solely for the fact that I want coaster games to continue going strongly.
    The base game in PC will have more variety and possibilities than the base game in RCTW, which, at least me and I'm sure many people too, we will have more fun and spend more time in PC than in RCTW.

    If Atari wants the people spend hours playing RCTW, they must release the promises that they said, otherwise we would be talking about a poor game, with few possibilities to customize a theme park, but if we want to see these promises, this would be, of course, a question of the success in sales of the game, a success that I see very dark.

  7. #117
    Speed Seeker Deuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    2,005
    Quote Originally Posted by shirty View Post
    fair comment deuce but please edit you post as forums cant handle ED being written in its correct form, there is nothing smiley about ED its E if anything
    Only thing I fail to understand about your message is RCTW costs £50? the price difference gets brought up often but the deluxe version (which I agree costs more than it should considering what they state is extra) might have cost £50 at some point but its currently £45 on steam without being on sale and the base version price is £30, that closes the price difference up to just £10 and if my suspicions are right about PC the ultimate price tag on it is pretty much limitless.
    Theres already options to buy an ultimate PC (though a number of separate purchases) that costs in excess of £600 and contains a permanent graffiti stain in everyone park, ability to do some of frontiers work for them and make some guests and staff, access to the secret bunker on the forums and access to beta play + a T-shirt and that ultimate treasure a wristband??. All together you have spent a load of money on stuff that doesn't add anything to the game other than the occasional oooh theres my character that nobody else is interested in seeing.
    I really don't like that system at all but that is my opinion others may think its great they have spent money on producing content for the game, even though a lot of other players either wont even notice or won't want it to even exist.
    Lol, fixed it! What's with Frontier namings?? They name one game in a way that is physically impossible to shorten without becoming a smiley, then the name their next game so that when shortened it becomes PC... Which is what it's played on

    Anyway, sorry my mistake on pricing. I think it's $50, so in pounds £30. So yes only £10 more than PC.

    Beyond the basic price for PC I'm not really taking anything into consideration as most of the 'upgrades' simply are not required to play the main game. I understand you can technically spend £1000's if you said yes to everything, but that's not to say they're charging for anything that is free in RCTW, it's just that they're also offering some weird extra stuff for those that (for whatever crazy reason) really do want to be in everyone elses park, or have their names at the entrance of each park. Then again, I suppose if PC lives for as long as RCT3 then it's kind of like paying to make yourself semi-famous around the world?? lol. I think we can't criticise them for offering additional stuff, so long as it's not a charge for anything that should be in the game by default. Also I understand you can edit peeps just like in previous games, you aren't paying extra for that privileged - it's literally to make your peep 'part of the game' so that they live forever, in every park. My personal opinion is it's a neat way to make some extra money so fair enough - but they also undermined themselves as the extra stuff is so poorly explained. In fact the main game packages are poorly explained!!

    Side by side comparison, the UGC thing is upsetting (if it really isn't included). But overall I know that everything else I could want is in PC, and it isn't all in RCTW. Even when/if we get RCTW updates, not everything missing has even been promised, just vague comments like 'it's in... the plan'. And 'We're aware of that, we're looking at that..'.

    But really my decision (as it stands currently) has come down to confidence in the end product and the people delivering it. Even if RCTW had every feature at launch, it remains the case that every feature we have seen demonstrated either in the beta or streams seems done on the cheap and compromised as result. All these things can be fixed in theory, but the fact is that if they were making a game I was confident in, I wouldn't expect the community to jump up and down just to get the few features we have seen bent back into shape, I would expect Atari to just get at least most features right in the first place.

    The biggest fear I have is the their reluctance to share. I can't think of a good reason they would sit idly whilst PC is throwing content around like confetti - unless they themselves are worried that what they have to show, won't actually make anyone want to buy the game.

    ^^^ the above is a fear and a concern. I can't think of any other logical reason, but please share if you can! I would very much like to be wrong about this one...

  8. #118
    Speed Seeker Deuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    2,005
    Quote Originally Posted by ddrplaya4638 View Post
    Shirty, I agree with your post.

    One thing I have questioned about PC is if they have the name bricks and stuff with your names on it are all entrances going to be the same? Will the be different? Will RCTW have different entrances?

    I will be buying both but PC doesn't really appeal to me to spend more than the base game. Whereas I bought the Deluxe edition of RCTW for a few of the little extras.

    I really do hope both games succeed though solely for the fact that I want coaster games to continue going strongly.
    Since they rolled a special entrance into RCTW deluxe I would assume that is the only way to get a different entrance. Also all the other park services buildings match the art style of the main entrance. So at least until expansion packs, I think it's just the default entrance.

    PC has only shown the one entrance so far. But there is no reason to think there won't be a choice, it's just not known yet. They do seem to be making everything else variable for different themed park types though, so if I had to bet, I would guess they will. There has so far not been a single part of the game that hasn't been shown to be theme-able/tune-able on some level.

    I see the name slabs are separate from the entrance structure, so this too suggests that whilst the slabs are always the same, the entrance itself could change.

  9. #119
    Moderator
    Volunteer
    ddrplaya4638's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,671
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Since they rolled a special entrance into RCTW deluxe I would assume that is the only way to get a different entrance. Also all the other park services buildings match the art style of the main entrance. So at least until expansion packs, I think it's just the default entrance.

    PC has only shown the one entrance so far. But there is no reason to think there won't be a choice, it's just not known yet. They do seem to be making everything else variable for different themed park types though, so if I had to bet, I would guess they will. There has so far not been a single part of the game that hasn't been shown to be theme-able/tune-able on some level.

    I see the name slabs are separate from the entrance structure, so this too suggests that whilst the slabs are always the same, the entrance itself could change.
    Very true. Good observation with the shops and the entrance. We do have to keep in mind however that there could very well be more shops that we just haven't seen or were not ready in time for the beta.

    There is a lot that is unknown with both games. I do hope that RCTW shows more soon but I would like to have some surprises for the first time I load the game up. Same with PC, there is something to be said to be surprised when playing a game. All and all I just wish both games the best. They both already have my money. I just see a lot of potential in both of them. Some things excite me more in PC and others in RCTW. I am sure that's the case with most people on here. We are anxious to uncover more of both of these games. In the long run between PC, RCTW and Parkitecht my inner theme park self could not be happier.

  10. #120
    Speed Seeker Deuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    2,005
    Quote Originally Posted by ddrplaya4638 View Post
    Very true. Good observation with the shops and the entrance. We do have to keep in mind however that there could very well be more shops that we just haven't seen or were not ready in time for the beta.

    There is a lot that is unknown with both games. I do hope that RCTW shows more soon but I would like to have some surprises for the first time I load the game up. Same with PC, there is something to be said to be surprised when playing a game. All and all I just wish both games the best. They both already have my money. I just see a lot of potential in both of them. Some things excite me more in PC and others in RCTW. I am sure that's the case with most people on here. We are anxious to uncover more of both of these games. In the long run between PC, RCTW and Parkitecht my inner theme park self could not be happier.
    Agree it's a good time for these games, and also competition is good for all games (maybe sometimes annoying for the people making them though lol).

    Very much looking forward to seeing more of RCTW. I can't lie and say I'm expecting it to suddenly take a giant leap forwards and start looking/feeling like a true premium game... But it's part of the RCT world, so I'm staying involved and hoping against hope...

    With PC I'm pretty darned happy throughout with what I've seen so far. In fact s few bits have genuinely amazed me. Still the question mark over UGC is bugging me each time I think about it - so fingers crossed they don't go without it. Then again, there is still quite a big question mark over UGC in RCTW. It won't be in place at launch, which begs the question why not? If they cared about it as much as the community do, shouldn't it have been considered a core element from day one? In fact, as if it's ever going to work as well as I'm sure we all hope, doesn't it really need to be developed along with the rest of the game just to make sure it all works well together?

    questions... questions..

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
RollerCoaster Tycoon is back! RCTW is the first new entry to the RollerCoaster Tycoon franchise in a decade, bringing an innovative new track builder, and much more.
Join us