Page 18 of 182 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast

Thread: RollerCoasterTycoonWorld VS PlanetCoaster

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Android View Post
    A sequel must have the features of the antecessors but improved + new ones, and this now is not met.
    Very true. That's what I expect of a sequel but it did not happen with RCT3 (with the scenery objects, much fewer than RCT2) and I suspect it will be same for RCTW and maybe even PC. But these two games haven't been released yet so nothing is certain just yet. We have to wait and see.

Park Patron
    Quote Originally Posted by Helena View Post
    Very true. That's what I expect of a sequel but it did not happen with RCT3 (with the scenery objects, much fewer than RCT2) and I suspect it will be same for RCTW and maybe even PC. But these two games haven't been released yet so nothing is certain just yet. We have to wait and see.
    Yeah, but with RCT3 a lot of new features were added, although the 3D also allowed many of these features, of course.

The problem isn't RCTW itself, the problem is that they are selling a game at a price too high, when Frontier for $ 19, is offering a game with more possibilities and contents, also RCTW isn't a ''AAA'' game as Atari say...

Super Moderator
    Volunteer
    I'm watching...

Park Patron
    Quote Originally Posted by OTR24 View Post
    I'm watching...
    Yes, we know you're waching us, like always in this forums, but I'm not saying anything bad, I'm telling the truth and what I think.

Passive Peep
    Everyone is watching but there just isn't anything to see or even hear from Atari or Nvizzio. I know I have slagged RCTW in favour of Planet Coaster and I do want RCTW to be a decent game, but everytime I look on the Planet forums, you get the feeling that Frontier are listening and responding, which Nvizzio don't seem to be doing. Why are they not telling us what is going on like Frontier are doing. There is a much happier atmosphere over there and you only have to look on Facebook for RCTW and Planet Coaster and compare the comments. I just get the feeling that Atari doesn't care about the community, they are just hoping that the game is going to do well. And to be honest, it probably will sell lots of copies and so will Planet Coaster, but if Planet Coaster far outweighs RCTW, then I'm afraid Atari are done for. Both these games should be on par with each other, but they are not, and everyone knows this is true at the moment, because of lack of communication between Atari and the consumer. I don't feel sorry for Atari, but I do for Nvizzio because there is still a long way to go before the game is ready for release, I wouldn't mind betting that it gets delayed again, because if it isn't right on release, then the gaming press will rip it to bits.
    So come on Atari, get your act together and say something, anything to cheer everyone up instead of staying in the background and saying nothing.

Park Patron
    It's simple, the difference is that Frontier is making a game for passion. Long time ago that they wanted to make a game like that, and as Atari has the rights and not allow them to make a RCT4, then they could not make the RCT4 that we asked, until now Atari has taken the way to make a sequel of RCT3 with INDIE companies, and Frontier has had to make a similar game without the name RCT. Atari is making a RCT for paying the creditors and get out of the bankrupt, while Frontier is making a game for passion and of course, like all companyies, earn money.

I believe that Frontier is excited and know what they do, they are adding things that fans are asking, and improved, which they know that Planet Coaster have the success assured, while RCTW has enough problems to achieve good sales, including that not have water rides,, buildings piece by piece, fireworks ... Those things are basic and should be in the base game and aren't there. All this makes many people prefer not buy RCTW for the simple reason that not offers what the predecessor, RCT3, offered.
    Last edited by Joe Android; 01-26-2016 at 07:26 AM.

Volunteer
    Planet coaster just released dev diary 3! The game is looking more impressive everytime.http://youtu.be/maYufgvcRis

Park Patron
    Quote Originally Posted by ddrplaya4638 View Post
    Planet coaster just released dev diary 3! The game is looking more impressive everytime.http://youtu.be/maYufgvcRis
    Yeah, I just saw and I'm really impressed, realistic loopings, realistic supports, realistic stalls...

Also, it seems that there will be no limitations on the paths and objects, however in RCTW yes.

They give us many possibilities for build the theme park of our dreams, for this reason they have insured the success.

Volunteer
    I still have my doubts with the builder, it seems like it may not be able to be quickly done. However it seems like you really can get detailed with your coaster and tunnels and such. I love how happiness and scenery affect your people's urge to spend money!

Park Patron
    Quote Originally Posted by ddrplaya4638 View Post
    I still have my doubts with the builder, it seems like it may not be able to be quickly done. However it seems like you really can get detailed with your coaster and tunnels and such. I love how happiness and scenery affect your people's urge to spend money!
    The game is still in alpha, many things will be improved. What is clear is that they are giving us the flexibility and the possibilities that we want. The coaster builder of RCTW also has its difficulties, indeed.