Page 98 of 182 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148 ... LastLast

Thread: RollerCoasterTycoonWorld VS PlanetCoaster

At least we've been getting a steady stream of news, updates, and general interaction. I've been really impressed so far.

Junior Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by SillyBilly View Post
    I don't particularly think Frontier will add any management into the game at the next update. This will more than likely be for the following one, which will more than likely be the end of July. Not sure if there will be a fourth update before final release, but there could be, which will bring us up to the end of September with a possible final release scheduled for late Nov/early Dec, just in time for Christmas.This will still keep them in Q4 which was the intended time slot for the finished game.
    Whatever, there is still plenty of time to get PC finished in time, without having to delay it like RCTW has on three occasions now. We don't even know if RCTW will ever get properly finished with all the problems they have had over the last six months.
    I guess we will have to wait and see, I don't think it will be proper financial sim that will be stage 3. I do feel we will be able to set prices in shops and on rides etc, maybe hire mechanics, janitors.

Your right though there is a long way to go and they are on track. I look forward to the weekly news and pictures they put out in the CHC club and on facebook. Some things blow my mind how much thought, passion and detail oozes from every shot.

Just so refreshing not to here "soon", "it's on the list", "that's in optimization" etc etc, we get real evidence its moving forward in the right direction.

Just wanted to point out.. 1k replies.. One thousand comments about RCTW and PC. Wow..

I do agree with the majority of the points here.. It seems like Atari has no direction that they are going in. I think that people will judge the progress of RCTWs progress since ea launch when planet coasters update rolls out. Nvizzio just has to find some way to make the people happy. Whether thaf is by lowering the price.. Releasing a HUGE update, or whatever.. They need to do something.
    Coaster Enthusiast - RCT Fan

Coaster Count: 50

Quote Originally Posted by Airboss View Post
    Just wanted to point out.. 1k replies.. One thousand comments about RCTW and PC. Wow..

I do agree with the majority of the points here.. It seems like Atari has no direction that they are going in. I think that people will judge the progress of RCTWs progress since ea launch when planet coasters update rolls out. Nvizzio just has to find some way to make the people happy. Whether thaf is by lowering the price.. Releasing a HUGE update, or whatever.. They need to do something.
    That I agree with you. Nvizzio needs to get their act together, if they want to survive. Their is a lot of work still needed to sort out what's in the game so far. They still have Transport and Water rides to do yet and if they hit problems with these too, then it will mean even more delays. They just don't seem to have any plan of action, like Frontier. But they do need to get those peeps looking much better than they do, as they are the games biggest let down.

That I agree with you. Nvizzio needs to get their act together, if they want to survive. Their is a lot of work still needed to sort out what's in the game so far. They still have Transport and Water rides to do yet and if they hit problems with these too, then it will mean even more delays. They just don't seem to have any plan of action, like Frontier. But they do need to get those peeps looking much better than they do, as they are the games biggest let down.
    And what is Frontier's plan? Do you know? What stage of development is the game in? How many bugs have they worked on? How many have been fixed? How many fixes will be in the next update? Will the terrain editor include water? Will coasters be re-colorable in the next update? Where has all this passion I keep hearing about gone for the past three months? Do you know?

Heaven forbid we actually ask about the product we've bought. As Brett C stated last night, "Pushing for more information will only result in silence."

Here's another gem from Brett. "We don't comment on suggestions and feedback because we don't want anyone to think their ideas are going into the game." Wow, Brett. Just wow. What's the point of your early alpha or whatever they call it if you won't read the feedback from it? Do you know, Billy?
    Last edited by The Stig; 04-28-2016 at 09:52 AM.

Yes things have remained silent from the devloper's during the last few wekks, but I don't think any of the feedback is being ignored. They are taking note about the bugs people have pointed out and I am sure that these will be put right before the next phase of the game. Yes we should get the full blown Coaster builder and the Terrain editing tools, but I don't think we are going to get any water in the game just yet. I think this, together with any water rides will come in phase 3 or maybe before the final release.

No one knows how many phases there will be before the final release, but my guess is that there will be four. (phase 2 May 24th, phase 3, sometime late July, phase 4 maybe late Sept/early Oct and final release before Christmas, which will include final polishing and full game management.

Frontier are showing just as much passion with the game, as they have done from day one. They obviously have a plan that they are working to. (something that Nvizzio don't seem to have, as they are still having problems with stuff that has been in the game from the beginning)

What has been released in PC so far, is looking good and apart from a few bugs, everything seems to be working properly, with no major hiccups. This is because before anything is released, it is thoroughly check over before it is put out for release. The next phase will have its bugs, like phase one has, but I don't mind betting that there will be anything major, that will make the updates unplayable, because they will have made sure that it is at least fit for release. We could even see a few more themes like (Sci-Fi & Fairytale) for phase two as well as many more building pieces and maybe a few more shops, but everything will run like clockwork, has it has in phase one.

If Nvizzio had just put a little more thought into what they are developing, instead of rushing out stuff, that is full of major flaws, like the state of the peeps and the actions of the peeps, then people would not be complaining so much. Anyone in their right mind can see the quality and the performance of both games are miles apart. PC is looking very good and brand new, so far and RCTW is looking pretty drab and second best, and full of bugs that should have been addressed before the early release. Valuable time is now having to be spent by Nvizzio, to get these sorted out, when they should have been sorted already. That is why the game is so far behind in development, because, they have no plan of action, and they don't test it themselves thoroughly before releasing it.

It is plain enough to see, why one game is taking the lead in development alone, long before it is due for final release.

Passive Peep
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    And what is Frontier's plan? Do you know? What stage of development is the game in? How many bugs have they worked on? How many have been fixed? How many fixes will be in the next update? Will the terrain editor include water? Will coasters be re-colorable in the next update? Where has all this passion I keep hearing about gone for the past three months? Do you know?
    You compare apples to oranges. First point, Planet Coaster is in an Alpha-Phase...RCTW is EA and released as retail-versions in Europe. Frontier give us a release date Q4 and there is nothing for now that speaks against it. But we don't know if Nvizzo will finish RCTW - a little development studio, no money...

Heaven forbid we actually ask about the product we've bought. As Brett C stated last night, "Pushing for more information will only result in silence."
    At least they don't lie to us

Here's another gem from Brett. "We don't comment on suggestions and feedback because we don't want anyone to think their ideas are going into the game." Wow, Brett. Just wow. What's the point of your early alpha or whatever they call it if you won't read the feedback from it? Do you know, Billy?
    That doesn't mean, that they don't read the feedback. If you look at press-videos etc. and interviews they tell what they want to have in the final version and what will come after release.
    Last edited by NickNem; 04-28-2016 at 11:17 AM.

What were we lied to about?

Yes things have remained silent from the devloper's during the last few wekks, but I don't think any of the feedback is being ignored. They are taking note about the bugs people have pointed out and I am sure that these will be put right before the next phase of the game. Yes we should get the full blown Coaster builder and the Terrain editing tools, but I don't think we are going to get any water in the game just yet. I think this, together with any water rides will come in phase 3 or maybe before the final release.

No one knows how many phases there will be before the final release, but my guess is that there will be four. (phase 2 May 24th, phase 3, sometime late July, phase 4 maybe late Sept/early Oct and final release before Christmas, which will include final polishing and full game management.

Frontier are showing just as much passion with the game, as they have done from day one. They obviously have a plan that they are working to. (something that Nvizzio don't seem to have, as they are still having problems with stuff that has been in the game from the beginning)

What has been released in PC so far, is looking good and apart from a few bugs, everything seems to be working properly, with no major hiccups. This is because before anything is released, it is thoroughly check over before it is put out for release. The next phase will have its bugs, like phase one has, but I don't mind betting that there will be anything major, that will make the updates unplayable, because they will have made sure that it is at least fit for release. We could even see a few more themes like (Sci-Fi & Fairytale) for phase two as well as many more building pieces and maybe a few more shops, but everything will run like clockwork, has it has in phase one.

If Nvizzio had just put a little more thought into what they are developing, instead of rushing out stuff, that is full of major flaws, like the state of the peeps and the actions of the peeps, then people would not be complaining so much. Anyone in their right mind can see the quality and the performance of both games are miles apart. PC is looking very good and brand new, so far and RCTW is looking pretty drab and second best, and full of bugs that should have been addressed before the early release. Valuable time is now having to be spent by Nvizzio, to get these sorted out, when they should have been sorted already. That is why the game is so far behind in development, because, they have no plan of action, and they don't test it themselves thoroughly before releasing it.

It is plain enough to see, why one game is taking the lead in development alone, long before it is due for final release.
    All I'm hearing is speculation and opinion.

Passive Peep
    Its a forum probably 95% of the posts on here are some form of speculation and opinion.