Page 95 of 182 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145 ... LastLast

Thread: RollerCoasterTycoonWorld VS PlanetCoaster

I m not falling in love with atari and i m aware of weakness of this game!! And sure lot of people have been desappointed (me first) BUT i think it s just too early and atari team must be aware of their weaknesses too.The last update show they are working hard!

Junior Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by hupulups View Post
    I m not falling in love with atari and i m aware of weakness of this game!! And sure lot of people have been desappointed (me first) BUT i think it s just too early and atari team must be aware of their weaknesses too.The last update show they are working hard!
    Apologies my last post was not directed at anyone. If that's what you were thinking

Super Moderator
    Volunteer
    Planet Coaster isn't a perfect game, but even as it stands now I would still recommend it to people. RCTW I would be ashamed to show people. (Hides Face)

I had high hopes for RCTW until the "early access" face plant. Everyone on these forums know I supported this game even after the beta which I was very disappointed by. I was surprised the game went into early access, but I tried to be positive about it. I thought this will be a great way for people to point out all the bugs and give feedback. Then I actually saw the game and I realize now that this game wasn't ready to be revealed yet. Now I realize the early access was a cash grab. Atari couldn't afford not to release this game anymore. Especially since Planet Coasters alpha was coming. I have no faith in Atari anymore. I'm wondering if Nvizzio was the right pick for RCTW or if Atari didn't give them enough time. Either way it's really sad.

Quote Originally Posted by OTR24 View Post
    Planet Coaster isn't a perfect game, but even as it stands now I would still recommend it to people. RCTW I would be ashamed to show people. (Hides Face)

I had high hopes for RCTW until the "early access" face plant. Everyone on these forums know I supported this game even after the beta which I was very disappointed by. I was surprised the game went into early access, but I tried to be positive about it. I thought this will be a great way for people to point out all the bugs and give feedback. Then I actually saw the game and I realize now that this game wasn't ready to be revealed yet. Now I realize the early access was a cash grab. Atari couldn't afford not to release this game anymore. Especially since Planet Coasters alpha was coming. I have no faith in Atari anymore. I'm wondering if Nvizzio was the right pick for RCTW or if Atari didn't give them enough time. Either way it's really sad.
    I think its that Atari didnt give them enough time. I mean.. Its hard to work on a game for only a year and have it be AAA. I think they should have waited to release, but then PC would have taken over. The game has drastically improved since the last three updates. I think they are on the right track.
    Coaster Enthusiast - RCT Fan

Coaster Count: 50

Why do people keep saying that RCTW coaster builder is good? I haven't seen one realistic or at least decent looking coaster. Everything is so jerky and not smooth. The builder is clearly a failed attempt and recreating the NoLimits Coaster builder, except without the 2D view modes that NoLimits has for side and top views.

The second you click on a piece of track it moves the track to wherever your mouse is. Which is terrible and basically just screwed up whatever you just placed.

In PC this dosent happen, the track stays static, and you drag the node to wherever you want it to be. BTW PC coaster builder isn't even officially out yet.

And don't get me started on the art style of the Tracks and Cars. RCTW tracks just look completely off and there's definitely a problem with scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Airboss View Post
    I think its that Atari didnt give them enough time. I mean.. Its hard to work on a game for only a year and have it be AAA. I think they should have waited to release, but then PC would have taken over. The game has drastically improved since the last three updates. I think they are on the right track.
    Oh come on Airboss, how much time does Nvizzio need to get this game looking and running right. They started development, long before Frontier did with PC and just look at the difference for the first early release for both games. There are a few issues here. Frontier have ten years experience making games of this genre and have researched everything properly. What Sam Denny and Jonnny Watts doesn't know about Coasters, isn't worth knowing. These two guys are the best in the business. Their Art and Animation developers are also experts when it comes to creating characters, that perform properly and have proper facial expressions, ok, they are of the cartoon style, but this gives the style of the game its flavour and I think they chose wisely with that decision.

The real problem Nivizzio are up against is experience. They just can't seem to get their act together. The actual look of that wooden coaster is nothing like the real wooden coasters. They have definitely not research them enough and the physics are all wrong. I have never heard of a Grease Track button before, is it some new method to help friction?

I think if Frontier were having the same amount of problems with their early access, I would be giving the same sort of criticism, but apart from a few minor glitches, everything in the game is running so smoothly and as far as the coasters are concerned, they have not been officially released yet. Two of them were just opened as a bonus, so that everyone could at least try them out. Yes they might need a bit more tweaking, but they are much easier to build with than what I found with the coasters in RCTW.

Atari's biggest blunder was releasing the game in such a state. It has done very poor in overall sales of the early access, compared to PC and thousands of people have had refunds from Steam. They panicked because they knew that if they didn't go early access, PC would have wiped the floor with them. If RCTW had been pretty near finished as it was supposed to have been, then they would have had a good start, but it was too broken with too many faults and the biggest let down was the state of the Peeps in how they look and how they perform. Until this issue is addressed properly, the game will never come up to standard, because the peeps play a major part in the game and its management.

Quote Originally Posted by joeybolufe View Post
    Why do people keep saying that RCTW coaster builder is good? I haven't seen one realistic or at least decent looking coaster. Everything is so jerky and not smooth. The builder is clearly a failed attempt and recreating the NoLimits Coaster builder, except without the 2D view modes that NoLimits has for side and top views.

The second you click on a piece of track it moves the track to wherever your mouse is. Which is terrible and basically just screwed up whatever you just placed.

In PC this dosent happen, the track stays static, and you drag the node to wherever you want it to be. BTW PC coaster builder isn't even officially out yet.

And don't get me started on the art style of the Tracks and Cars. RCTW tracks just look completely off and there's definitely a problem with scale.
    I haven't seen one accurate cobra roll, immelmann, dive loop, norwegian loop, top hat, or zero g roll come from Planet Coaster. Come to think of it, making your own vertical loop requires way too many steps. They've had almost as long as RCTW to get their coaster editor in order and we still have a month to go before we can find out if it can do it at all.

Now I understand that there are plenty of people having fun with Planet Coaster. And it doesn't bother me, more power to them. But personally, I haven't put any more than two hours total into Planet Coaster. There just isn't enough there for me yet. I've seen the youtube videos. And to be honest, if you've seen a few minutes of gameplay from one of those videos, you've seen them all. Not to mention, Arrow trains on B&M track would never work in real life.
    Last edited by The Stig; 04-24-2016 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    I haven't seen one accurate cobra roll, immelmann, dive loop, norwegian loop, top hat, or zero g roll come from Planet Coaster. Come to think of it, making your own vertical loop requires way too many steps. They've had almost as long as RCTW to get their coaster editor in order and we still have a month to go before we can find out if it can do it at all.

Now I understand that there are plenty of people having fun with Planet Coaster. And it doesn't bother me, more power to them. But personally, I haven't put any more than two hours total into Planet Coaster. There just isn't enough there for me yet. I've seen the youtube videos. And to be honest, if you've seen a few minutes of gameplay from one of those videos, you've seen them all. Not to mention, Arrow trains on B&M track would never work in real life.
    Idk what youre watching but i've seen plenty of accurate cobra rolls, immelmanns, dive loops, norwegian loops, top hats, and zero g rolls come from Planet Coaster. The reason it might take literally an extra minute or two to make your custom inversion right now is because once again the coaster builder is not even final, its a debugged feature they just added into the game because of the demand.

RCTW coaster builder is supposedly the most fleshed out, developed feature of their game and they can't even get that to not be a buggy mess. If i had a penny for every curved lift hill i've seen in a RCTW video i'd be rich.

the coaster builder is not even final
    Oh I see, Planet Coaster isn't finished yet.

RCTW coaster builder is supposedly the most fleshed out, developed feature of their game and they can't even get that to not be a buggy mess.
    ...But RCTW is apparently?
    Last edited by The Stig; 04-24-2016 at 10:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    Oh I see, Planet Coaster isn't finished yet.

...But RCTW is apparently?
    I mean every single stream and emphasis has been about there AMAZING coaster builder and ENHANCED physics...

They had a whole beta weekend focusing on the coaster builder...