Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fear of loosing Mine Cart and Mouse Cart Coasters

Quote Originally Posted by MR.sugar View Post
    Saying that it´s "Very simple" doesn´t seem to be truth based on the beta. Editor that was seen in the beta didn´t seem to be simple at all...
    Something can become simple once you learn the know-how. For me personally, it was very simple to build a compact coaster as you can see in the video.

I agree that the coaster editor was not simple in itself, but it becomes simple once you get through the learning curve. (Which is too steep for the casual player.)

Just imagine how simple it will be to do this when we have the new coaster editor improvements.

If it takes at least one hour to learn to master it, it's not intuitive enough.

You need less than 1 minute to understand how the coaster builder from RCT3 work !

So, nope, it's not simple, it's not intuitive, and the the results are always approximate (many lines are not straight).
    Even if you managed to tame it, the tool is not good either. (at least, the builder from the beta 1)

Even if you support the game very strongly (I respect that, and there are still a lot of hope), I really think you should keep your critical sense (much like the ethics of a journalist)

Quote Originally Posted by Angelis View Post
    If it takes at least one hour to learn to master it, it's not intuitive enough.

You need less than 1 minute to understand how the coaster builder from RCT3 work !

So, nope, it's not simple, it's not intuitive, and the the results are always approximate (many lines are not straight).
    Even if you managed to tame it, the tool is not good either. (at least, the builder from the beta 1)

Even if you support the game very strongly (I respect that, and there are still a lot of hope), I really think you should keep your critical sense (much like the ethics of a journalist)
    Please read over what I wrote, it seems like you just read my first sentence and took it completely out of context.

Quote Originally Posted by JMR
    I agree that the coaster editor was not simple in itself, but it becomes simple once you get through the learning curve. (Which is too steep for the casual player.)

Just imagine how simple it will be to do this when we have the new coaster editor improvements.

Building a airplane is simple for an aviation engineer to me its impossible.
    How simple something is is objective,
    I found coaster builder to be instantly very simple while others didn't,
    Thats the truth

As I thought. Most if not all the Curves have to be Red but still not as Tight together as could be and the track is steel not wood. Nice attempt.
    But with the Mine/Mouse Coasters, Doing a 180 in Two Grid Spaces was Essential if that's all the room you had. To build a coaster in a 10x10 grid, or less, to see just how high you could get the ratings was a challenge.
    I doubt your coaster would have passed if you added a second car as you could/can with the Mine Cart Coaster at the speed it could achieve after a 100ft drop . Plus you banked the real Fast corners, something you can't do with the Mouse/Mine Coasters. Your single car would have still flown off. 100ft Drop right into a Two Grid Square 180.... Ah The Joy!

With the Spline System, Everything has to be Stretchered out ( if you want everything white and safe as possible)

I do THINK I heard that they will give us a Choice between the Spline and Piece Build on a YT Video but not completely sure on that. Plus Not All coasters have Stations or need Stations. So give us the Option to place a prebuilt Station or Bare Bones like in 1, 2 and 3.

Time will tell. When/if I end up buying the game, it will be awhile after it comes out so the Bugs after release have time to get their patches and updates will be there also.

If they still have Bugs and Glitches, I hope they are the kind that make you go "WTF?", make you Laugh Kind but does not take away from game play or functionality.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12