Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Community Fun -- What will you do in RCTW?

I usually had to download other parks, partially for inspiration.

Quote Originally Posted by RCTW1 View Post
    I usually had to download other parks, partially for inspiration.
    Precisely! Just imagine how many parks on the workshop that there will be to choose from. We definitely won't be short on inspiration.

Interesting question for me as I'm not naturally a communal gamer. I'm looking for to completing scenarios and probably (hopefully although to my knowledge they haven't announced the scenario type game mechanic) creating my own. I probably will end up creating some custom scenery or rides to share.

Super Moderator
    Volunteer
    I plan on completing the scenarios first. I just want to feel a rush of nostalgia. After that, I'll probably build a couple coasters in sandbox to get myself warmed up. Then, I'll build my first of many sandbox parks! I hope to get my YouTube channel back up and running and throw together a couple videos with some people. I'd be very interested to learn how to make my own CS, as I've never been able to do it before.

In short, I can't wait to get my hands on this game and bring the next generation of RCT into my life!
    Super Moderator
    Team RollerCoaster Tycoon World

Cool

or maybe attempt to build something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ibuPTtYtoU

All that good memory's on RCT 1 playing those scenario's OMG ! cleaning up parks, repair rides, rebuild a park from scratch wonderfull.

Quote Originally Posted by loquacious706 View Post
    I like campaigns and efficiency. I want to play with a purpose while making sure I keep enough money to beautify my park. I'm not much of a sandbox player so I'm really hoping the challenges are exciting.
    Snap!! Sandbox mode has never appealed to me. I need to have missions to do, an objective to reach, and I build my dream park while meeting that goal .

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Boland View Post
    Snap!! Sandbox mode has never appealed to me. I need to have missions to do, an objective to reach, and I build my dream park while meeting that goal .
    Exactly, Paul! I do go back on scenarios I've completed to turn them into my dream park with custom scenery and such, but even then I like to know that I don't have unlimited funds so I need to be smart with them and that I still need to keep peeps happy. Plus,the blank slate of sandbox mode bored me. Give me a landscape I need to work with.

I usually complete the scenarios first so I can get the locked coasters, then play in sandbox mode. I also go back to the saved scenarios and play more in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Boland View Post
    I completely I agree with you. Even though I liked using sandbox when I just purely wanted to design, there were many, many occasions where I wanted to manage what I had made and design the park the way I want it, with the challenges that come with keeping your finances in order.

I am curios as to if campaign mode will reach this criteria. Campaign mode will be a separate game mode from the scenarios.

I think it's the ability to build freely, like in sandbox mode, but with the financial challenges with goals.

I wonder if it will be possible to turn a sandbox park into a campaign park. I think it may be, by just editing your save file and changing the gamemode number.
    Last edited by JMR; 12-05-2015 at 08:07 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast