Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: RCTW - Blog #24 – Top 20 Coaster Videos and Upcoming Stream

Park Patron
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattlab View Post
    To be specific in this blog we are referring to piece-by-piece coaster building as described in blog 23.
    Well, what I feared.

But in the beta we saw a looping and a zig zag curve, that was all pieces that you had planed to launch in the final version?

The looping was disastrous, Mattlab, hope you're working on better loops and pieces that were in RCT3.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Android View Post
    Well, what I feared.

But in the beta we saw a looping and a zig zag curve, that was all pieces that you had planed to launch in the final version?

The looping was disastrous, Mattlab, hope you're working on better loops and pieces that were in RCT3.
    all those premade pieces where verry poor in shape and form ... :s

Park Patron
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_Boy View Post
    all those premade pieces where verry poor in shape and form ... :s
    True, It was small and poorly designed, it was horrible!

I want to see decent loopings, by God.

Nvizzio is unable to do that?
    Last edited by Joe Android; 11-18-2015 at 10:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Android View Post
    True, It was small and poorly designed, it was horrible!

I want to see decent loopings, by God.

Nvizzio is unable to do that?
    I build my self some loops it was possible to create nice shape loops that can be re used. Would also be nice if you build a piece that there was a option to store it reuse it again.

I hope that time can be used for some things beside just the contest. Highlight a few other features that are locked in and the community perhaps did not get to playtest in the first weekend.

Park Patron
    I build my self some loops it was possible to create nice shape loops that can be re used. Would also be nice if you build a piece that there was a option to store it reuse it again.
    The point is that I have to be forced to make a loop when the loops in RCT3 were prefabricated and were perfect.

I agree to give the option to create the pieces you want, but also they should offer a variety of prefabricated decent pieces for those who do not want to waste time doing each piece and haven't patience.

Excited about the improvements. Thanks Mattlab!!!

I do hope though there is some attention to detail and realness added. The support layout seems to be off. Loops require more than one support. Usually in the form of a "A" On each side of the spine of the loop. I also noticed that on inverted coasters the supports are on the wrong side when banking track, causing the train to travel directly through the support. That's definitely not real or accurate. Another note is that the side rails on the wooden coaster track look way too low. On real wooden coasters the rails are there so that maint crews can walk along the track and inspect. Also if the train is stuck on a lift, riders can traverse down the lift. The rails in the game look way too short from the actual track. I hope this is fixed.

All in all some of these designs are awesome.

Can't wait for the update @mattlab!

That would be cool.

Mattlab, thank you for verifying that it is indeed prefabricated pieces.
    I would love for you to consult real coaster designer, or at least view blueprints for the properties of the pieces. Loops in particular. It has to be well balanced to be comfortable ride.

Alienware seems to be doing a lot of heavy lifting for RCTW...

Perhaps at this event we can see if Alienware is going to have something special from within their own company, like an RCTW configured Laptop, to help cross promote and get money into Alienware's coffers!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast