Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Roller Coaster Station Entrance/Exit

Roller Coaster Station Entrance/Exit

Something has been bothering me, and it is that, with the exception of little carnival coasters, I have yet to be on a coaster where you get on and off from the same side. You always exit from the other side, to improve people flow.

That's what I want to see...

+1 I agree

+SUPPORT. Very good observance.

Passive Peep
    The stations need to change lots. Why can't we change the size and why are the set buildings? Also, we have no kiddie coasters?!

In think there's already a recent thread for this.

Quote Originally Posted by johneyt54 View Post
    Something has been bothering me, and it is that, with the exception of little carnival coasters, I have yet to be on a coaster where you get on and off from the same side. You always exit from the other side, to improve people flow.

That's what I want to see...
    This is why I'd also like split loading and unloading stations. I know of a few coasters where you technically load and unload on the same side, but this is because the trains have two positions in the station, or they're two separate stations. Neither option appeared in the beta, but I have my fingers crossed for later.

I have been on and seen many coasters where you get off on the same side as where you have boarded. Mostly launched coasters in particular.

Having said that, I think this is a very good suggestion, as it is much more common for coasters to board on a different side than where you depart.

I definitely feel like the stations are too restrictive right now. Set themes, set entrence/exit positions, Etc.

In RCT3, we could build our own station buildings and choose the position for the entrence and exit.

+Support

Support from me too.

Passive Peep
    I know both: coasters with entrance and exit on different sides and coasters that have a section for the exit and one for the entrance. The last option is great if you have multiple waggons on the track. So one is filled and leaves the station for the ride while the other finishes the track, peeps get out and then the waggon rolls to the entrance part.
    I made a picture. So in my opinion both should be an option!

exit-entrance.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by JMR View Post
    I have been on and seen many coasters where you get off on the same side as where you have boarded. Mostly launched coasters in particular.

Having said that, I think this is a very good suggestion, as it is much more common for coasters to board on a different side than where you depart.

I definitely feel like the stations are too restrictive right now. Set themes, set entrence/exit positions, Etc.

In RCT3, we could build our own station buildings and choose the position for the entrence and exit.

+Support
    Absolutely Agree with you, I understand that for coaster stations it can be complex to let us move the entrance and exit, but at least we should be able to move it along the side it's supposed to be placed, so the peep flow remains the same (the get on and off the ride by the default side), but at least we'd have some more liberty.

Flat rides is another case, and it'd really piss me of, if we cannot move ride entrance/exit as we could do on RCT3

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast