Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Future ideas after release: Water Parks and Zoos?

Lightbulb Future ideas after release: Water Parks and Zoos?

So far from all the footage I've seen, the game looks very promising, though I do have to ask (and yes, this is more of a long-term question):

Will we be seeing water parks and zoos (like the SOAKED and WILD expansions) make a return? I would love to see those features make a return, as those two expansions really made RCT3 stand out from the first two.

And yes, this is a question for possibilities after initial release and the release of the other components that won't be present at launch... I really loved being able to have a cool-looking zoo and a small water park on the same map along with my other rides.

Well this was mention plenty of time but it's pretty clear those are the 2 feature people want the most.

Not Wacky World or some other stuff nobody asked.

Dark ride and stuff should not be in an expension cause it should have been in the base game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Master View Post
    Well this was mention plenty of time but it's pretty clear those are the 2 feature people want the most.

Not Wacky World or some other stuff nobody asked.

Dark ride and stuff should not be in an expension cause it should have been in the base game.
    So true indeed.

I very much agree, I loved how those two ep's fleshed out the game. After I got those ep's, I found scenarios that used to be more difficult from the base game to be much easier, with the added implementation of animals and pools. Especially pools.

If a WILD ep comes out, I'd hope that there would be better scenery for the animals it implements, sort of like from zoo tycoon. Of course I wouldn't expect it to be nearly as fleshed out in that animal area of the game, but it looked weird that there was little scenery/bush/tree options for some of the animals, so there habitat couldn't look natural at all.

I also loved the special coasters that came out with the WILD ep. I really liked the robotic ones and how it could split up into two seperate sections.

I personally found both wild and soaked to be op and didn't enjoy them much.
    the zoo took up too much space to have all the animals in decent size pens and they were incredibly boring. The money that could come in from a zoo was crazy, many peeps would happily spend every penny they had seeing just a few animals (plus adoption and selling animals income was op). Maybe if it was better balanced and had more interesting features then i might enjoy a remake.
    soaked had similar problems. You could get away with charging insanely massive amounts for pool entry and thank god you could as if your pool complex was actually good the peeps would stay there for ages which means they aren't spending money elsewhere. There was again very little visually interesting, you didn't have much you could add a complex to make it more interesting. Again itll take a large rework to really bring it to life in RCTW without it feeling like a cheap addon.
    If they release these as paid DLC I will almost certainly skip them unless they are bundled with other flat rides, darkrides or coaster types that would warrant extra payment

I would rather see entire new in depth theme sets of decor and rides than another poxy zoo / pool dlc
    Last edited by shirty; 11-23-2015 at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shirty View Post
    I personally found both wild and soaked to be op and didn't enjoy them much.
    the zoo took up too much space to have all the animals in decent size pens and they were incredibly boring. The money that could come in from a zoo was crazy, many peeps would happily spend every penny they had seeing just a few animals (plus adoption and selling animals). maybe if it was better balanced and had more interesting features then i might enjoy a remake.
    soaked had similar problems. You could get away with charging insanely massive amounts for pool entry and thank god you could as if your pool complex was actually good the peeps would stay there for ages which means they aren't spending money elsewhere. There was again very little visually interesting, you didn't have much you could add a complex to make it more interesting. Again itll take a large rework to really bring it to life in RCTW without it feeling like a cheap addon.
    If they release these as paid DLC I will almost certainly skip them unless they are bundled with other flat rides, darkrides or coaster types that would warrant extra payment

I would rather see entire new theme sets of decor and rides than another poxy zoo dlc
    I agree with you, it was fun to make water slides and pools, but from the mannagement part of the game it was crazy. Appart from that pools were very limiting, you couldn't place shops or restaurants inside the pool area. As for zoos for me they were boring as hell, just place the fences, place the appropiate annimal building, add some keepers (just for one enclosure) and you're done, make money...

As for other contents for DLC, i'd say i'd like to have parades and real shows on my park, not like in RCT3 but shows you could make within the scenery you've created, maybe by placing some key objects required for the scenes. You could even think of it like the dlcs in cities skylines, mixmaster given for free, additional characteristics on the dlc...
    Last edited by DoctorPelusa; 11-23-2015 at 10:18 PM.

I agree that the zoos were terribly boring.

Passive Peep
    I know that this is talking about expansions, but right now I'm more worried about getting water rides, buildings, tunnels, fireworks, dark rides, etc. after release. After that, then I'd love to see a water park expansion, a hotel/resort expansion, etc.

I posted an honest oppinion here yesterday evening about the implementation of these features and it got deleted. Could i please get some information on why this happened ?

I'm always fair, honest and constructive, yet this post was a bit hard minded.
    It feels wrong having it deleted.
    Please feedback me about this ?

The forum fairies probably took it, check under your pillow they should have left you a present in return.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast