Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I want an open BETA until release

I want an open BETA until release

Since blogpost #23 is posted, I think there should be an open beta for the pre orders until the final release. What do you think about this?

It could have pros and cons so I think it should be left up to Atari to decide without complaints from the community either way. Depending on how early in 2016 the release might be, I think more betas more often would be immeasurably valuable.
    But an open beta or early access could mess them up commercially, so I see the problem for Atari.

Betas cost a lot time and money. And they would not get any more data from a permanent beta than they get from the weekends. This is not HotS or something. I think it is good they concentrate on the game instead of spending time and money on a useless beta.

why didn't they keep the bea version going for RCW Beta testing PARKITER Version BETA 4B

No. I don't want an open beta. I just want them to spend as much time working on improving the game instead of worrying about an open beta. December isn't exactly long away for the next one, pretty sure you can wait patiently to let them do their thing. I know I can.

Passive Peep
    This team and game have clearly not been designed around the concept of an "open beta"... and frankly that's not such an unusual thing for videogames, nor neccesarely a bad one.

Without a dedicated team to support an ongoing beta, there would be no benefit--if not outright damage--by keeping things continuously open.

It's not Worth it. We were a choir, asking for a delay, and Atari sang in tune, but now we are the ones who should reward them for the wisdom of their choice, and take a step back, actually giving them the time they agreed to give themselves.

I don't think we need a open beta right now until release. Maybe instead let them work on it do a second open beta for a weekend, then let them work again and maybe a couple months before they expect to release the game then turn it into a open beta to allow even more feedback before the game could release, after they have a good majority of the bugs out of the game. I don't know I'm still not for this idea just yet, it would have to be a good time for them to start doing this and I don't think now is it. And even down the road a bit, maybe like I said a few months before hand.
    Love me some RCTW!
    Twitch - twitch.tv/knoxvegas

Why not go early access for folks that bought the game? We obviously all care deeply about the software and how it turns out. It also seems the developer (and more importantly, the publisher) are listening to their testers; it could only improve the game in the long run and it helps the community feel invested.

Quote Originally Posted by Guitboxgeek View Post
    Why not go early access for folks that bought the game? We obviously all care deeply about the software and how it turns out. It also seems the developer (and more importantly, the publisher) are listening to their testers; it could only improve the game in the long run and it helps the community feel invested.
    I bought the game for early access as well. I'm not saying do not do early access, but there is no need right now. They need to work on the game and making it better with more content and so forth, then worrying about us playing it right now. After they do maybe a couple beta runs, then they could do a open early access and let us test/play it until the final release date. I just see no need to open it up right now.
    Love me some RCTW!
    Twitch - twitch.tv/knoxvegas

It's not about us playing the game, it's about the devs getting our feedback as they're working on it. If they're iterating on the software in an agile way, this makes perfect sense because the customer supplies invaluable feedback that can be incorporated quickly. If they're using old school waterfall, well they'd still get great insight into the community and be better prepared for what comes after they go gold.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast