Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: RCTW - Blog #23 - RollerCoaster Tycoon World Releasing in Early 2016

Mattlab, have you and the team ever considered putting the game into early acess? A lot of people have been asking for it, and I just want to know that you, yes, infact have seen these requests. You don't have to say yes, I just want to know that you've seen these requests for EA.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelis View Post
    This is a best decision you could take ! Take your time !!!

There are many feature requests in the "Ideas and Feature Requests forum" that NEED to be in the game, because it's REALLY important. And I am very happy that you listen to the community.

I thought all the time that I spent here to post suggestions had been unnecessary, and I deserted for a while, because I felt like I was not listening. After this, well ... Maybe not after all.

So, after this very good decision, please continue on this path, and think about :

1) COMMUNICATION
    The importance of communicating with members that trying to help (a "community manager" who transmits the important informations to the developers, is very important in a forum)

2) COASTERS IS IMPORTANT BUT ...
    Now that you know that the "Coaster Building Tool" should be simplified and improved, you should know that other things need to be added/fixed. Like i said : the "Ideas and Feature Requests" forum is a gold mine to understand what the players really want.

What people are saying about the "modular piece-by-piece building tool" is not to underestimate. This subject comes up very frequently.

The "freedom to create the park of our dreams" is somehow the "heart" of the game. And you must keep in mind that a theme park, is made of flatrides, thrillrides, foodstalls, and paths of course. But what we find the most is :
    1) Buildings (like restaurants and shops, and why not hotels)
    2) Coasters (indoor and outdoor)
    3) Darkrides (the most important ride type in biggest themes parks)
    4) Roads (that are more "large paved areas" than "curved paths")
    5) Transport ride (that react like transport too, not only like a ride)

3) LET US MORE FREEDOM
    If we want to put something (anything !!! like a rock for exemple) close to another, then do not try to prevent us from doing that.

Players do not want to see "You can not do this" (with the red color everywhere on the screen) just because the developers have not thought about this. Even if the items overlap on the screen, it is OUR decision.

A simple XYZ tool to manipulate items and a simple "Free cam" with the right clic can help too.
    (And please, add this undo button !!!)

4) THINK OUT OF THE BOX
    Why not use brushes to paint the roads ? Why propose "prefabricated" buildings when the community can build and share them themselves, if you provide the right tools ? How can you offer players the opportunity to play outside the park ? What they can do at night ? Why not think "modular" ?

I saw that Nvizzio uses the method "agile" to develop, so ...
    Use this as the true strength that is

5) LEARN FROM SUGGESTIONS
    Many suggestions are made, and of course, no everything could be in the game, but learn about it, and find what drives them to ask this, because sometime, a single tool can help to answer several suggestions (kill two birds with one stone)

On EVERY "Theme Park Simulator Games" projects, it's ALWAYS the same suggestions, again and again.

This is somes of suggestions appearing on several forums (This one, PlanetCoaster, ThemeParkStudio, and even some less known on kickstarter) : Building piece-by-piece (Sitting Restaurants, Hotels, Shops), Tunnels, Advanced Queue Lines, Seasons & Event, Parades, Concerts, Staff room, Darkrides Tool, Peeps view mode, Custom supports, Fireworks, etc.... (The list is pretty long) but it's ALWAYS THE SAME, EVERYWHERE !!!! Why ?

6) RECREATE PARKS !!!
    And it's the most important : If you cannot recreate a famous park (Disneyland, Universal, SixFlag, CedarPoint, EuropaPark, etc...) then : something is wrong with your game.

(at least something close)

This is what I have to say.
    You have a lot of work, so good luck !
    Awesome post! I agree 100%

You know, It's actually pretty emotional reading almost 100% all the support from everyone. Thanks to Atari & Nvzzio and special thanks to everyone here being so supportive and positive about this. <3

There are many feature requests in the "Ideas and Feature Requests forum" that NEED to be in the game, because it's REALLY important. And I am very happy that you listen to the community.

I thought all the time that I spent here to post suggestions had been unnecessary, and I deserted for a while, because I felt like I was not listening. After this, well ... Maybe not after all.

So, after this very good decision, please continue on this path, and think about :

1) COMMUNICATION
    The importance of communicating with members that trying to help (a "community manager" who transmits the important informations to the developers, is very important in a forum)

Now that you know that the "Coaster Building Tool" should be simplified and improved, you should know that other things need to be added/fixed. Like i said : the "Ideas and Feature Requests" forum is a gold mine to understand what the players really want.

What people are saying about the "modular piece-by-piece building tool" is not to underestimate. This subject comes up very frequently.

The "freedom to create the park of our dreams" is somehow the "heart" of the game. And you must keep in mind that a theme park, is made of flatrides, thrillrides, foodstalls, and paths of course. But what we find the most is :

3) LET US MORE FREEDOM
    If we want to put something (anything !!! like a rock for exemple) close to another, then do not try to prevent us from doing that.

Players do not want to see "You can not do this" (with the red color everywhere on the screen) just because the developers have not thought about this. Even if the items overlap on the screen, it is OUR decision.

A simple XYZ tool to manipulate items and a simple "Free cam" with the right clic can help too.

4) THINK OUT OF THE BOX
    Why not use brushes to paint the roads ? Why propose "prefabricated" buildings when the community can build and share them themselves, if you provide the right tools ? How can you offer players the opportunity to play outside the park ? What they can do at night ? Why not think "modular" ?

Many suggestions are made, and of course, no everything could be in the game, but learn about it, and find what drives them to ask this, because sometime, a single tool can help to answer several suggestions (kill two birds with one stone)

On EVERY "Theme Park Simulator Games" projects, it's ALWAYS the same suggestions, again and again.

This is somes of suggestions appearing on several forums (This one, PlanetCoaster, ThemeParkStudio, and even some less known on kickstarter) : Building piece-by-piece (Sitting Restaurants, Hotels, Shops), Tunnels, Advanced Queue Lines, Seasons & Event, Parades, Concerts, Staff room, Darkrides Tool, Peeps view mode, Custom supports, Fireworks, etc.... (The list is pretty long) but it's ALWAYS THE SAME, EVERYWHERE !!!! Why ?

6) RECREATE PARKS !!!
    And it's the most important : If you cannot recreate a famous park (Disneyland, Universal, SixFlag, CedarPoint, EuropaPark, etc...) then : something is wrong with your game.

This is a fantastic post btw @MattLab - Please can you pass this to someone so, I completely agree with this post entirely

Brilliant thread, Matt!

As for other suggestion, I may be sounding a little narcissistic but I sure hope my plaza mask tool idea was considered.

No but seriously, while I'm a bit dejected that the game is being delayed, I can look past it knowing we'll get a more solid launch out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by jgordon1206 View Post
    I really hope there will be waterslides and pools because I haven't seen any pictures of that

Ehhhh this isn't really a fair criticism of launch-day World given you had to pay money for Soaked! back in the day to get body slides and pools in RCT3. Now, dinghy slides? Yeah I'd agree whole-heartedly.

Quote Originally Posted by Philmon11 View Post
    Mattlab, have you and the team ever considered putting the game into early acess? A lot of people have been asking for it, and I just want to know that you, yes, infact have seen these requests. You don't have to say yes, I just want to know that you've seen these requests for EA.
    I totally agree, releasing on Early Access would be a huge benefit for both sides. The developers would be getting regular feedback and testing of updates and we the customers would be able to see that progress is being made. I am sure that most of us that pre ordered the game want the game to be the best it can and as soon as possible. Sureley the more testing it gets the quicker the problems/bugs will get reported then the quicker they can be addressed?

1) COMMUNICATION

3) LET US MORE FREEDOM

4) THINK OUT OF THE BOX

6) RECREATE PARKS !!!

I have posted similar posts to as what you just did here, so all i can say is i agree 100%!!

Coasters are important ofcourse but like you said, a great coaster builder does NOT make it a great game.

To me, the piece-by-piece scenery tool is the most important thing. I can write a complete essay about this subject but i dont think anyone would read it
    Just take a look at what has happened with RCT3 over the years, the amounts of scenery is MASSIVE, this should give an indication about how important this feature is.

And yet we can import stuff, but if im not a 3D artist this feature is more or less worthless because other people's creations will never ever be exactly what i need. (for example, to make an indoor que line, the imported piece would need to have the perfect size, walls, style, interior, etc etc which is near to impossible)

Defo the best idea to delay.. It makes better business sense..

I'm also on board with the early access.. Who better to hep you shape the game to what players want than.. well.. the players that will be playing it?! Let us take the reigns of what this game should play like..

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    I think the devs' coaster building is improving.
    And what's that above the station? Just above the treeline? It's some straight!
    And the bit in front of the station looks pretty straight as well.
    You guys already have some straight line tools implemented, don't you?
    I also noticed the station control "booth" isn't present. The control centre is in open air - wonder if this is an option that can be edited?

Quote Originally Posted by Thaakiidty View Post
    Awesome post! I agree 100%
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbly View Post
    You know, It's actually pretty emotional reading almost 100% all the support from everyone. Thanks to Atari & Nvzzio and special thanks to everyone here being so supportive and positive about this. <3

This is a fantastic post btw @MattLab - Please can you pass this to someone so, I completely agree with this post entirely

Quote Originally Posted by Vampiro View Post
    I have posted similar posts to as what you just did here, so all i can say is i agree 100%!!

Coasters are important ofcourse but like you said, a great coaster builder does NOT make it a great game.

To me, the piece-by-piece scenery tool is the most important thing. I can write a complete essay about this subject but i dont think anyone would read it
    Just take a look at what has happened with RCT3 over the years, the amounts of scenery is MASSIVE, this should give an indication about how important this feature is.

And yet we can import stuff, but if im not a 3D artist this feature is more or less worthless because other people's creations will never ever be exactly what i need. (for example, to make an indoor que line, the imported piece would need to have the perfect size, walls, style, interior, etc etc which is near to impossible)
    Thanks for your support guys. I hope Matlab will read this.

I am really confident that if they follow these 6 points (without exception) and take the necessary time, they will make RCTW a great game.
    If not, I fear the worst will happen for Atari (you can not fail here, and you know it seen your economic situation) and Nvizzio risk to have a very bad reputation (for many years). What would be a pity just because of one thing : the lack of time.

It's easy to see that that they are doing good work (the graphics are very good for example, and the "realistic graphics" strategy is pretty good card to play compared to competitor, and to Nvizzio did a great job in this specific aspect), but they just need time, and our desire to have a good game (that we can play for years) can be much bigger than our impatience.

A community can be excessively nice or excessively harsh, but she is always honest.

(sorry for the many mistakes, English is not my native language and I try to do the best I can)

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast