Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: RCTW - Blog #23 - RollerCoaster Tycoon World Releasing in Early 2016

RCTW Finished Product Necessities

@Mattlab

This is awesome news to me! I'm sure the rest of the forum agrees that we would rather have a polished and well finished game.

I do have a few suggestions to help improve the game that we all have waited over a decade for. We want it to be the best. Better than Planet Coaster. With that being said, here's what I hope will be included in the finished product.

1. Please include old steel coasters. (Arrow loopers and hyper, Anton Schwarzkopf loopers and flywheel launch, kiddie and wild mouse coasters). We don't just want the new B&M coasters, we want it all. Intamin Giga/Hyper coasters.
    2. Catwalks-should be able to place on either side of the track, not just one side. Also, Dive-coasters have catwalks around corners. We should be able to place them in the game as well as brake runs. Please add this for more realism. * I noticed the wing coaster cars traveled through the catwalk. Please make this as real as possible. In addition, lifts and catwalks have lighting. Will we be able to add lights to our catwalks?
    3. Supports-we should be able to remove supports that are in the way of track. I noticed coaster cars traveling through supports just like catwalks. This isn't real at all.
    4.Wooden Coasters-the supports weren't too realistic. Wooden coasters have supports that are also along side the track or next to supports under the track.
    5. Water rides-we would love to see water rides in the final game. Please!
    6. More stations! I don't want all my coasters having the same station. I plan on building more than one coaster for a same themed area and don't want all having the same station.
    7. Sounds-not all steel coasters sound the same. Please make them sound more realistic. B&M coasters are louder than other steel coasters. The sounds in the beta were horrible. Not realistic at all. Also the sound should be speed appropriate.
    8. Color customization-please make the entire track and coaster cars customizable in terms of color.
    9. Water-the water in RCT3 to me seemed better and clear. But that's just my opinion.
    10. Thank you for all your hard work! We truly appreciate it and know you will provide us w the best RCT game yet.

With the list above on point one I want the predefined piece loop of Schwarzkopf where you see the thick supports on the sides that is unique for that loop.
    tidalwave2.jpg
    61EQPK845ZL._SX466_.jpg

EDIT:
    Addition to this: This loop piece could be a predefined loop, that is fixed in proportions (of the loop itself, not supports, supports should remain in its thickness) but adjustable in size. That way you will still get a classic look but flexible size.
    Last edited by Helena; 11-13-2015 at 01:00 PM.

This is absolutely wonderful news! The improvements up to this point have been tremendous...can you imagine what a few more months will bring? I'm very enthusiastic about the future!

As far as early access, I think requesting that is a bit much. We are not entitled to anything, in fact, they did not have to do betas or include our feedback to begin with. They are doing this to help provide the game that we all will love for years to come, let the professionals do what they do best. We've waited many years for this, and at one point we weren't even certain we would be getting another RCT game. What's a few more months?

If Atari and Nvizzio want to continue providing updates to the community, rather then open up early access (which may kill the hype come launch day), why not go the route Theme Parkitect did and provide devlogs? Example: http://devlog.themeparkitect.com/. Seeing the work being done as well as any new features as they are being worked on would drastically improve our perception on the future of the game as a whole.

However, if Nvizzio wants to continue providing the semi weekly updates they have now that's fine as well. As long as we get a polished, AAA worthy game in the end that's my only concern. :-)
    Last edited by iDeanJ; 11-13-2015 at 01:32 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by iDeanJ View Post
    However, if Nvizzio wants to continue providing the semi weekly updates they have no that's fine as well. As long as we get a polished, AAA worthy game in the end that's my only concern. :-)
    SO true, so true. Amen to that. I would prefer a nice game over tons of info and crappy game.

I think this is great news!!

Im as honest as i can be when i tell right away i was one of the people who cancelled their Pre-Order after the beta.

With so many missing features and all of Atari's attention going into the coaster builder i expected the coaster builder to blow me away in awesomeness. Needless to say it didn't. And don't get me wrong, im not saying the coaster builder was bad in any way, but it just wasn't THAT good and it was difficult to get used to.

So i cancelled my Pre-Order because i was not (yet) blown away with the coaster builder and besides that, all the missing features. (And by that ofcourse i don't mean the missing features in the BETA, but missing in the final game at launch like water rides, piece-by-piece scenery, etc etc)
    In no way, shape or form did i ever say i was NEVER going to buy the game.

The graphics look very good! And the idea of this coaster builder mixed with a piece by piece coaster builder sounds very appealing to me.

Besides that i really hope the piece-by-piece scenery building will be added as well as that is my main deal breaker. It is a feature that is essential to creating real life parks. Without it, the game is very limited when it comes to theming and indoor buildings/que lines/shops/rides.

All in all i really hope this extra time is used to polish the existing coaster builder and to add some of the key-features like water rides and piece-by-piece scenery building.
    If those features are added in the right way, i'll be sure to Re-Pre-Order

And one last thing, i like to credit Atari and Matlab for having the honesty to say that some features are not as good as they were supposed to be. By admitting those things, it restores credibility those same things will get fixed. The first step into fixing things is always to admit something is not right, and at times (especially when under pressure) this can be very hard to do. Guess i have to say I have a lot of respect for Matlab a lot for doing this, it takes some guts.

Thank you!
    As weird as this sounds, I was never happier about a delay than now. Take all the time you need for an awesome RCT successor. It's better to wait some months for more content than the game getting bad reviews because the lack of content!

A good decision, let's hope more informations and feedback

I think this is a good decision. The game needs polishing and this will hopefully give them the time to do so. They only ask to test coaster builder and already moves the release date. I hope that others parts of the game (UGC, campaign, management, peeps, themed area, etc.) are more polished than the coaster builder. Mostly, I hope we'll be able to test it soon and be able to provide feedback, because if the first beta give so much feedback about one feature, I really hope they will give the community the ability to also give feedback about others features.

They always say that community help, so please, I really hope you guys will give more feedback about features, show us more actual footage, etc.

The coaster builder is important for many... but for me, it was never the part where I pass most of time. I really like more the management, takes time to make a beautiful parks, take time to make fireworks, etc. So, I cross the finger to be able to test these features and have the possibility to also give feedback about them.

I would really love open beta that is always open to see the changes as it comes but I also understand it's really difficult to manage feedback... But more betas would be very useful for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Helena View Post
    With the list above on point one I want the predefined piece loop of Schwarzkopf where you see the thick supports on the sides that is unique for that loop.
    tidalwave2.jpg
    61EQPK845ZL._SX466_.jpg

EDIT:
    Addition to this: This loop piece could be a predefined loop, that is fixed in proportions (of the loop itself, not supports, supports should remain in its thickness) but adjustable in size. That way you will still get a classic look but flexible size.
    I agree and also better more realistic inversion supports for B&M coasters. Support placement is key for realism.

Passive Peep
    There were more problems then they expected so need to fix more and make sure its right

Good News, Lets hope this supplies them with the time needed to get this baby up to the standards most of us are expecting. RCT3 set the bar pretty high.

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast