Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Using your own music on rides

Lightbulb Using your own music on rides

I think it would be good if you could select music files from your computer to play on rides. Does anyone agree?

You can do that in RCT3 by putting your own music in the music folder of RCT and then going in game and setting up the genre, etc

I agree. I have a disk copy of the original game RCT3 and a steam copy of the Platinum version. However, I cant import custom music into the steam version.. :/

YESSSSSSSSSSS....I really got tired of using the same few favorites on my rides. There are just those music choices you cant stand so never use, at least half of them for me. SO already I'm limited in what I'll use for my rides. Being able to download more music would be wonderful!

This has been brought up a few times and there is a major issue relating to custom music.
    The game will have an online play which will cause problems when it comes to custom files. They would put extra load on servers and cough be a security risk. You also run into problems with copyright relating to the sharing of music, the last thing we all want to see is DMCA take downs in a video game.
    I would like to see it in single player but It could cause significant problems for online.

Good point there. It'd have to be a single player feature, and maybe it could use the directory to the file rather than importing it into the game files.

I jope that they will add the old music of 1 and 2. I really like that music (But i would add it If there is the Option to play your own music)

Quote Originally Posted by unclekrusty View Post
    Good point there. It'd have to be a single player feature, and maybe it could use the directory to the file rather than importing it into the game files.
    Directory. In the game options, allow players to select what directory music is found in, instead of the RCT music folder. Depending on how the online aspect of the game would work, custom music could be either removed by default, or as mentioned above, as a single player only option.

Yeah it would be much better when you can import it through the windows explorer like you load savegame in rct1.
    Than you not have to put it also in the rct3 music folder.
    A other good way is when you can control that the muic starts when the ride starts and that you can create your own jingle and also save that, to be more realistic.

guess what i'm blind, after owning the game for a year over I just found out that you can put your own music on rides

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast