Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: You guys should seriously reset the steam reviews.

You guys should seriously reset the steam reviews.

I don't know if it's possible but the steam reviews are just awful right now. None of them are credible yet it's probably costing you guys customers because it's judging the beta which was clearly stated to not have many features. Yet the steam reviews are criticizing lack of content and bugs. Just silliness.

I do not know if it is possible.

I think it should have been disabled to give reviews before the release day. Before that, it would just be wrong... hmm.

The sad thing is 90% of the bad reviews are from people with an hour of playtime.
    They did not even take even a bit of time to learn a new editor.

This is the first step twords realism on coasters, if you go watch old RCT3 point of view videos the cars go through unbanked turns at crazy speeds that just would not be possible in real life. I think people were in the mindset of just give it more height and more power and it will make it through the track.

Quote Originally Posted by Helena View Post
    I do not know if it is possible.

I think it should have been disabled to give reviews before the release day. Before that, it would just be wrong... hmm.

It's possible for a publisher to mass change Steam reviews; gaming journos ran articles a while back detailing how Warner Bros. had been marking old Arkham Knight reviews as Pre-Release.

The only saving grace about those reviews is they are tagged with pre-release review so hopefully outsiders looking in will know that they are not accurate.

Well, some time ago i said a closed beta is better. Now everyone got into the demo thinking no bugs just fun gameplay ... for that there isn't beta :s.

Junior Enthusiast 0BobTheJanitor's Avatar
    It was Atari's decision to release the game before it was ready, and the reviews reflect the state it was in. The reviews will have a pre-release mark on them, and that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Boy View Post
    Well, some time ago i said a closed beta is better. Now everyone got into the demo thinking no bugs just fun gameplay ... for that there isn't beta :s.
    I agree. I was one of those that thought an open beta would be fine. But we've just ended up with tons of people trashing the game before actually putting in any sort of effort. It seems people got so used to the peice-by-piece building aspect that they feel so uncomfortable switching to a spline based system.

Then again, what's to say everyone in a closed beta would have the patience? I guess at least they wouldn't spam Steam with dishonest half-hearted reviews.

all social media (youtube, twitter, facebook,steam, ...) show this bad review of beta 1, there are thousands everywhere ! and now how can atari market this game and restore the right image of it ! i think a lot of damages have been done by the negativity ! what can be done now to inverse this ?

its seriously sad, this game is not so bad !

Quote Originally Posted by dany191s View Post
    all social media (youtube, twitter, facebook,steam, ...) show this bad review of beta 1, there are thousands everywhere ! and now how can atari market this game and restore the right image of it ! i think a lot of damages have been done by the negativity ! what can be done now to inverse this ?
    Whilst there is a lot of negativity, it is not too late.

We as a community can pull ahead and work hard on sharing our creations proving what can be done in the game, sooner or later media will catch on.

Once the game launches, there will be yet another swarm of people going to media Etc to see what the game is like at launch.

If the game is seen to be good at launch, positivity may be restored. It's up to us and Atari to promote what can be done in the game.

Stay tuned for the next episode of my talk show. rctshow.com

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast