Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Virtual Reality & Oculus Rift Support

can you imagine walking around the theme park POV as a Guest How cool would that be!

Quote Originally Posted by dwwilkin View Post
    I think I've come home to my true Peeps...

When I pointed all this out in the TPS thread at Steam I was ridiculed and told that I was a nay-sayer. It is good to have this as a sanity check to show I really do know, (after being a gamer since I got my first copy of Avalon Hill's Battle of the Bulge in the 60s (hex based combat, what's that?) what I am talking about.
    TPS has alot of fanboys. there is a reason i barely visit the forums anymore. i agree with you about VR. we ( the vast majority of players) do not need VR support. its a waste of resources right now that maybe 1 percent of users will actually use.

Why are people claiming that only 1% of players will have VR? That is just to closed minded for me to jive on. I pull in $25k a year, not much money where I live and you can bet your sweet arse I WILL own a rift.

Those that say you dont feel like your on a real coaster...Watch the videos dudes and dudettes! No its not 100% but sheesh "almost" feeling like you are somewhere else when you are sitting at home is pretty wicked. Especially when that somewhere else is being flung around an amuesment park, all the while you are sitting on your....wait for it.....COUCH!

I cannot fathom peoples resistance to certain technology. No I dont think you are wrongful or nay sayers but I do think you all are in real danger of becoming fuddy duddies. :P

But I'd think of a fuddy-duddy as more likely someone who sits on their couch riding VRD coasters instead of going to a park and riding a real one! LOL!

I get what your saying ProphetLord, but I'm going to agree with those who say they'd rather see the money spent on developing the game for EVERYONE, rather than just the few who will use Rift at first, especially right now when the technology is in it's infancy.

I could instead see Atari putting out a version of the game later on enhanced for Rift, sort of like some films are re-released in 3-D, either as an expansion or as an updated version of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Wabigbear View Post
    But I'd think of a fuddy-duddy as more likely someone who sits on their couch riding VRD coasters instead of going to a park and riding a real one! LOL!

I get what your saying ProphetLord, but I'm going to agree with those who say they'd rather see the money spent on developing the game for EVERYONE, rather than just the few who will use Rift at first, especially right now when the technology is in it's infancy.

I could instead see Atari putting out a version of the game later on enhanced for Rift, sort of like some films are re-released in 3-D, either as an expansion or as an updated version of the game.
    LOL, that is a couch potatoe I know cause I am a couch potatoe in recovery. I know they shouldnt spend the dev time, I just disagree with peoples reasoning except one..

VR support will NOT add to the game experience. That I agree with...

Even if I could afford VR, it's not my bag of tea.

Having not heard a definitive yes or no regarding Occulus Rift or ANY VR support from Atari. It would be nice to have a confirmation or reply addressing this discussion.

Atari could partner with Occulus and market RCTW as a bonus with a newly bought VR kit - or - vise-versa Occulus could offer $50 off purchase price with proof of RCTW purchase. In any case, it's win-win for Atari and Occulus. Yeah only about 10% of the gaming populous would even consider purchasing a VR headset, but that may very well change once RCTW hit's the market.
    Last edited by magicart87; 06-07-2015 at 01:13 PM.

Since Valve announced a cooperation with HTC, I think that more Steam games get VR support, but it might be, that the games get HTC Vive as VR and not Oculus, since HTC Vive is the offical VR solution for steam. It might be the case, that all of the VR systems (Samsung, Oculus, HTC and so on) get a common standard, that the customer can choose which product he/she likes. But until then, I don't want to support any of the VR solutions and don't care if RCTW get Oculus, or something like that.

Super Moderator
    Volunteer
    guess I'll add this to the list

Quote Originally Posted by OTR24 View Post
    guess I'll add this to the list
    Add it as "Stereoscopic 3D Support" (stereoscopic interleave is the the same across multiple VR/3D providers) Also by Exporting on-ride video as Stereoscopic 3D, I can ride my coasters in 3D using my blu-ray player and projector! woot woot

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast