View Poll Results: What do you think?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Awesome idea!

17 80.95%
  • Hmm, don't know. (please respond and let me know what you think)

2 9.52%
  • Not feeling it.

2 9.52%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Forestry Tools (Spray / Tree Brush)

Forestry Tools (Spray / Tree Brush)

Hey!

When playing RCT3 one of my problems is that creating a larger forest takes too much time. You had to place every tree and bush one by one. In RCT2 there was this "advanced tree placement" option (available in scenario editor), which allowed you to place many trees of the same type at once. The trees were randomly scattered in a small area.

Picture of the tool:
    bjbigm.jpg
    http://oi60.tinypic.com/bjbigm.jpg

And usage of it at ~5min

I loved this feature in RCT2, missed it in RCT3 and would like to see it back in RCTW.
    Thanks!

Lightbulb Tree/Landscape Brush

If you're like me, you may have found that placing natural looking scenery was a long and dreary task. One of the most boring in RCT3. You had to place each tree, bush, flower individually. What I would like in RCT:W is very simple, the ability to place large amounts of scenery on a changeable sized brush like you could with terrain styles.

Just a quick idea, any comments?

Well for me its a big fat no. Thats my FAV part, it allows you to put YOUR stamp on the game..Not Atari's stamp, NOW...IF.. it allows for more dense decor, (IE. If the brush is the most optimal way to compute DENSE foliage and scenery) then go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetLord420 View Post
    Well for me its a big fat no. Thats my FAV part, it allows you to put YOUR stamp on the game..Not Atari's stamp, NOW...IF.. it allows for more dense decor, (IE. If the brush is the most optimal way to compute DENSE foliage and scenery) then go for it.
    You see I agree and disagree. I think the brush would be a good idea for randomized scenery of your choice, say you want a forest and instead of doing it manually which would take say 15-20 mins you could get it done in say 2-3 minutes. It saves a lot of time and wouldn't make a noticeable difference. Even just a click and drag to place multiple trees/bushes like you can drag paths would make a huge improvement in my eyes.

It would indeed, especially for woods. This would be fine if they used their head and didn't limit it to much. Look at the tile filler in cities xl. Only two of them look good. The rest are lazy and empty this is why I am wary..But of course they could do it right and it would speed up themeing.

Precisely, there needs to be limits. As to not go overkill with any concept. I totally agree with you Prophet

Yes! That so annoying having to place every tree and every plant we need a change and this is it

Ohh, great idea! Placing scenery can be very tedious. We are listening Peeps!
    -Dre

Quote Originally Posted by Dre_Roberts View Post
    Ohh, great idea! Placing scenery can be very tedious. We are listening Peeps!
    -Dre
    Thank you so much, Dre! I really appreciate that! I'm sure myself and the others here will keep at making contributions as much as we can

When we first had spigot like brushes in paint programs, with randomly changing items (in this case say trees of a type-the oak trees, or pine trees) that was a brush option. You would select either your regular paint brush or your spigot. (I think it was a program like Corel Draw)

So why not if this was implemented, do things that way in scenery placement. You would select down to where trees, shrubbery and flowers were (this is based on a RCT3 interface understanding) and then instead of just having that button choice, you would also have a spigot choice, which might give you less overall types of choices, and the variety within would be all that you would get in singular placement, but it would shoot out the same family in the grid squares that you dragged it over while holding the right button down.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast