Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Special Events / Seasonal Events

Special Events / Seasonal Events

I don't think I've seen a theme park that does not have a Halloween event. Every big-name park does them. A lot of them do Christmas events too, but not as many. My point is, if changing seasons are implemented, why not include seasonal events? You could advertise the event and boost ticket sales.
    A prime example of this would be haunted houses. In previous games, I had 2 options: Paths with "do not enter" signs, or mazes with no scenery. I think there needs to be a haunted house attraction that is able to be customized, both theme wise and layout wise.

Yeah, I think this is a great idea. Maybe they could have a Halloween update for the online mode and stuff? It would be pretty cool.

Yeah, set events like Halloween or Christmas in the theme park calendar should be a great idea, as the possibility of create haunted mazes with actors!

I think this then goes to an issue of speed. If we set the Peep Psych to speed relation as we find in RCT3, then you could have the Halloween event (and that does sound relatively US based) for the month of October passing by in less than five minutes at fast speed. Is that then doable, or not.

Could you set an event theming that encompasses an area of the park or the entire park based on a clock based timetable? Like an RCT3 fireworks show. Start on September 30th End on Nov 1. Then start Winter Holiday theming? Keep Parks open year round. Etc.

I think it's a brilliant idea, like others have said though, it would just be difficult to implement. I fully support the concept of seasonal events though, being able to win awards for Scariest Maze or Best Halloween Event. That would be amazing

Maybe like over Christmas time you have a hotel land where you can build a swimming pool in and some crazy rooms and then in the park you can close it down just for the Christmas break but only ones allowed in is the hotel guests or if you wanted people could just open the park to any one. The hotels could also be for sims that wanted to stay for 2 days rather than just one sort of like a reality play, ( challenging but could also give gamers the cutting edge to really owning there own reality theme park)

Quote Originally Posted by The bear View Post
    Maybe like over Christmas time you have a hotel land where you can build a swimming pool in and some crazy rooms and then in the park you can close it down just for the Christmas break but only ones allowed in is the hotel guests or if you wanted people could just open the park to any one. The hotels could also be for sims that wanted to stay for 2 days rather than just one sort of like a reality play, ( challenging but could also give gamers the cutting edge to really owning there own reality theme park)
    This sounds more like stretching out the hotel discussion

Make them dlc's so that its fun and have contests for the best and win a free copy of RCTW for a friend. Make hype and get more

Maybe when it's Halloween or Christmas IRL, you could get special themes or decorations, and during December (IRL or in-game) you can hire a Santa Claus mascot.

Newcomer

Launch Events

ok so i thought it would be cool if you could have launch events and/or special events when a new coaster is created. This would temporarily boost the amount of peep entering the park and may cause special things to happen around the park. i understand this may take alot of programming but i thought it would be cool.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast