Thread: Thoughts so far?

Junior Enthusiast 0BobTheJanitor's Avatar

Thoughts so far?

From what's been announced and discussed, what are your thoughts about what's to come?

new atari, old atari...who can tell the difference? it's not good when they don't even try to keep the community hyped up about the game, it's even worse when they introduce us to a "Community Manager" who is not part of the community.

i'll be watching this forum and Shyguys to see IF they ever learn the value of PR, but i have yet to start saving any money for this game. if they want my money, they better start showing me stuff to get me interested. and i know several people who feel the exact same way.

I said this in another thread but I'll say it again, it's just gone Christmas week, and now we're into the weekend. It will be Monday before the development team, and community manager, are back in full swing and we'll start hearing from them. Speaking as a game developer myself, we are entitled to holidays just like everyone else .

As for my thought, I really like the screenshots! The level of detail has gone up a few notches from RCT 3. Very much looking forward to hearing more from the game, but I'm already committed, I will be buying the game.

RCT3 had so much potential,if they can give us that game but be able to build a big park without the memory limit and crashing ill be one that will be happy.So many times Id build a nice park just to go pass the limit even after using the park cleanup tool just to be frustrated because the work was for nothing.So im hoping that there will be no limits on rides etc and actually build a park the way I want it to be without crashing.Im hoping they still implemented the soaked and wild themes with this one as well

I've got high hopes. I know everyone has their doubts about Atari and especially how they are handling the situation right now, but I'd like to keep a nice atmosphere instead of all the gloomy pessimism and actually slightly trust Atari here. I couldn't care less at the moment about the ridiculous amounts of requests I see here on the forum - I wish they'll just focus on getting the game done well first and that we we'll get a nice last addition to the series in the end.

I'm positive it seems like many people agree to a lot of the things that have been requested in the forum. so I guess the devs looking at it, so they can give us what we want later in expansion packs.

But I hope and think they just focus on getting the game done in time to please us

Quote Originally Posted by Silvarret View Post
    I've got high hopes. I know everyone has their doubts about Atari and especially how they are handling the situation right now, but I'd like to keep a nice atmosphere instead of all the gloomy pessimism and actually slightly trust Atari here. I couldn't care less at the moment about the ridiculous amounts of requests I see here on the forum - I wish they'll just focus on getting the game done well first and that we we'll get a nice last addition to the series in the end.

Sorry I cannot agree, I have been a gamer for 29 years and the one thing I KNOW is that you never trust a game company. "."

As far as what I think..This with the content so far released, the game looks great up close and like rct3 from a distance. I am in the realism camp, but I think a lot of us would be okay with rct traditional style if they added things like curved paths, more decor options and more of a base game. The mascot count of three I am hoping is just some of them, if not that right there shows you this game will most likely just be a pretty version of rct4. Rct4's sole reason for existence is to suck wallets dry for the least amount of work done. That was my take on the topic.